• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jericho that uncle you used to think was cool but then you grow up and try to avoid him every time he shows up because you realize how lame he was all along and he just always wants to hang out

jmdajr

I like Jericho's guests but I've always been a fan of metal and cock rock.

Ring wise hasn't been great in some time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm proud to say I never liked Chris Jericho and I'm thankful for his smark heel turn since I no longer have to pretend otherwise.

XenoRaven

This isn't me being hyperbolic. Does anyone like Chris Jericho in 2015?

• Despite being a smark favorite back in the day, Jericho is the ultimate corporate kiss ass. While I've seen 'chosen one'/'face of the company' guys like Nash or Austin criticize the WWE in one manner or another, Jericho always seemingly nods and thinks 'good idea, boss!'
• Every time he comes back it's to put somebody young over. This would be a good thing you might say. Not when it's obvious that's all he comes back to do. The intentions are good but the outcome does nothing for the other star and only hurts them. Instead of putting them over, a star with momentum usually ends up having it completely halted by a 1-2 month long feud that gives them nothing in the end because beating Jericho means nothing. A Jericho feud is a 2 month long squash match.
• Hasn't been entertaining since 2010. And that's stretching it. 2009 at the absolute latest.
• His dismissal of the Bill DeMott story by saying 'I had it worse.'
• His music that is ridiculously lame even by 80s Metal Tribute band standards.
• His phony as fuck podcast hosting.
Hey at least Bray Wyatt put him over.

DMczaf

Does Jericho think people care if he shaves his head?

image.php

Jericho hasn't been entertaining in any capacity since he wore a suit. It's so obvious he wants to be a rock star full time but doesn't have the confidence to do anything that might burn a bridge with the wwe

I wouldn't call him a bad person, but I'm certainly not interested in anything he does

XenoRaven

I can see where the yes man thing comes from though. He wanted to get to WWE so bad and the second he got there they told him everything he did was wrong and was shitty. Dude sacrificed a lot to get there and they pretty much shit on him. It was adapt or get fired.

Zach

Man, I was such a huge Jericho mark in WCW and his early WWE run. He'll never drop off my all-time fave five but he is such a cringey combination of mild self-delusion and dad jokes now.

Yup. He and Benoit were awesome in WCW, the greatest wrestling organization of all time. It wasn't until they went to WWF/E that they became a douchebag and/or a murderer.

:D

jmdajr

He talks about getting into shouting matches with Vince multiple times in his book. I don't think he loves WWE as much as you think. Sure..he appreciates what they did for him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He talks about getting into shouting matches with Vince multiple times in his book. I don't think he loves WWE as much as you think. Sure..he appreciates what they did for him.

The only person who bullshits more in their books than Jericho is Hogan.

I don't think I liked Jericho at all during the attitude era. An above average hand in the ring but outside of it didn't have anything going for him besides calling women sluts.

Again, suit wearing fuck you sycophants Jericho is his best incarnation.

XenoRaven

He also talks in his book about when he got there Vince told him to his face that he "sold him a bill of goods", how the Undertaker got pissed because Jericho said his promo was boring, how he got heat because Chyna claimed he stiffed her, and how he was told to shadow X-Pac because that was somehow an example he should have been following.

bjork

When is that Ric Flair podcast going to debut? I need the Ric Flair podcast in my life.

Tell me this isn't real. Drunken Roddy is bad enough, Flair that's audio only? Half the time he appears and isn't saying woo, I have to try and lip read his slurry ass.

For all his struggles in WCW, it was the best Jericho. He was young agile, and hungry.

When he ditched the pants for tights in WWE, it was over, he never looked right in tights.

notworksafe

If I had money I would so try to get better tix along with all the costs of traveling for Mania next year and beyond. Didn't get Raw tix but NXT and Mania were unbelievable. Had such a good time and would love to make it an annual thing.

Raw last night was crazy. I've never seen a crazy amount of people trying to enter SAP Center before. I'm totally down to do this again in the future, but I think I have watched enough live wrestling for an entire year. :p

Monday Night Raw will be at the SAP Center on August!
Yeah Raw was almost better than WM for me. More intense crowd, louder everything (being indoor helped with that), and far better seats.

Nelo, definitely hit up Raw next time you go. All the packages have the option to add Raw tickets when you sign up for them at a very reasonable price so that should help.

bjork

I'm not sure how people manage to go to all those shows on one weekend. When I went to a Wrestlemania, I was worn out just after that show. Couldn't imagine trying to fit in several other shows and stuff unless I had the rest of the following week off, heh.

jmdajr

I'm not sure how people manage to go to all those shows on one weekend. When I went to a Wrestlemania, I was worn out just after that show. Couldn't imagine trying to fit in several other shows and stuff unless I had the rest of the following week off, heh.

I did one axxess, hall of fame, and mania last year. Outside of that none wrestling related stuff. Balance is good.

Kaladin

That's why Vince doesn't respect D. Bry. On the first interview ever Goat man said he was just...ok.

Damn hippie millennials don't want to grab the brass ring.....okay? You got to be the best in the world dammit, like that Punk guy, or Jericho.

iMax

Oh boy.

PWInsider said:
The Undertaker was telling those backstage after his match with Bray Wyatt that he felt great and intended to work next year's Wrestlemania in Dallas, Texas.

Undertaker shared a locker room backstage with Sting and the two actually shared the same flight back to Texas. There was a lot of "if we do this" talk between the two about a potential match. The original idea when Sting came in was to eventually lead to the Undertaker bout at a Wrestlemania, although WWE management has cooled on long-term plans for the former WCW World champion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Raw was almost better than WM for me. More intense crowd, louder everything (being indoor helped with that), and far better seats.

Nelo, definitely hit up Raw next time you go. All the packages have the option to add Raw tickets when you sign up for them at a very reasonable price so that should help.

wb NWS.

Hasney

I still like Jericho, but that's more to do with what he's done for a friend of mine rather than anything he puts out.

bjork

Short hair HHH > long hair HHH

Try and tell me 1995 snob HHH wouldn't be way better as an authority figure than corporate-ass "I just got hit with bats and shit by Sting but now I'm out here in a suit smiling like an hour later" HHH.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You have evidence to back this up? No doubt he has to make the stories sound interesting, but straight up lying?

Where is this proof of this?

Man, this thread gets real negative sometimes its hilarious. A bunch of Brian Mann's in here.

Jericho saying in his book that he had to teach Scott Hall a roll-up and Scott Hall saying that never happened.
Jericho asking Zbysko for the Living Legend moniker, Zbysko denying him then Jericho going on his book to say how Zbysko was always out to bury him in WCW.
https://dennisearl.wordpress.com/20...bout-his-appearance-on-the-howard-stern-show/

Or do you only believe the wrestlers you want to believe?

notworksafe

I skipped out on most of Axxess. Saw a few NXT matches there, gf got a signature from Ryback then we bailed, grabbed dinner with a friend and went to the actual NXT show.

Spent all of Saturday away from wrestling and just explored SF and hung out at the beach. It was nice.

Sunday was all wrestling of course. Monday was split between Winchester Mystery House, lots of sushi eating with friends, and then Raw at the end.

It wasn't too bad of a weekend cause I tried to do a split between wrestling stuff and non-wrestling. I don't think I could have fit more wrestling in without being overwhelmed. I still ended up taking a full day off work yesterday to recover from it all.

Glad to be back! Too bad our Beast didn't win, but I'm glad to see the Future of the WWE is making moves.

Top Bottom