• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Alucard

Banned
Hard cam from ROH Supercard of Honor IX. Looks fine IMO, but the other shots with the lights in the eyes are pretty brutal.

RVJgIEo.gif

jmdajr

Depending how good new Halo is...maybe I will get an Xbone for Christmas. Plus it works with SlingTv which I assume PS will never have.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Depending how good new Halo is...maybe I will get an Xbone for Christmas. Plus it works with SlingTv which I assume PS will never have.

Don't do it for Halo, do it for the Gears of War Collection <3

I'd be okay with that. Kind of like the Tiger Mask character.

Yeah, but they don't name him Jushin Liger II. They never let on that the gimmick has passed over haha. I'm sure internet will work it out eventually, but it'd be funny. They'd have to transition it carefully so he didn't suddenly become super agile again. You could even make a storyline where he consumes the FIGHT SPIRIT of some other wrestler and rejuvenates like Doctor Who...

Also:

J3h9wfw.png

I need details!

Sephzilla

If I get Halo 5 it will be a used copy and I'll only play it for the story. The beta for Halo 5 didn't impress me at all and Master Chief Collection made me believe 343 is surprisingly incompetent. I feel sad saying all of this, because I was once a hardcore fanboy of this franchise.

Just an average day in the life of Jun Kasai;

WOdZyvA.png

Also, Fujinami's booked his son in a match against Minoru Suzuki. Oh, and the balls on BJW booking a Strong main event for Sumo Hall instead of a deathmatch. Hope it pays off, would love to see the Strong division become BJW's main focus.

Yeah, but they don't name him Jushin Liger II. They never let on that the gimmick has passed over haha. I'm sure internet will work it out eventually, but it'd be funny. They'd have to transition it carefully so he didn't suddenly become super agile again. You could even make a storyline where he consumes the FIGHT SPIRIT of some other wrestler and rejuvenates like Doctor Who...

This only works if it ends at Wrestle Kingdom 12 or whatever with Liger taking on the entirety of the BC in a gauntlet match, only to rip off his mask and reveal the new Liger was Devitt all along.

jmdajr

If I get Halo 5 it will be a used copy and I'll only play it for the story. The beta for Halo 5 didn't impress me at all and Master Chief Collection made me believe 343 is surprisingly incompetent. I feel sad saying all of this, because I was once a hardcore fanboy of this franchise.

Errrrrm. Maybe redbox rental will serve my needs.

Sephzilla

Errrrrm. Maybe redbox rental will serve my needs.

Personally I think Halo was just destined to have a decline no matter what. Bungie today isn't the Bungie of the Halo days and the downward slide of the franchise started when Bungie still was making the games. So I can't even really say "this wouldn't have happened if Bungie was still around"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just an average day in the life of Jun Kasai;

Also, Fujinami's booked his son in a match against Minoru Suzuki. Oh, and the balls on BJW booking a Strong main event for Sumo Hall instead of a deathmatch. Hope it pays off, would love to see the Strong division become BJW's main focus.

RIP Fujinami's kid

I kind of think at this point, Playstation has more people working in the US than Japan.

I didn't mean literal "white" collar jobs

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Are we sh*tting on Dean Ambrose now that Perspicacity isn't here?
I think it's more an indictment of the ISEC, they praised Dean, ignored Seth and buried Roman. The only reason Seth got away with it(it being a currently successful heel run) was because no one expected much out of him.

Sephzilla

I'll give Xbox credit where credit is due though, they've done a respectable job of rehabbing the Xbox One's image. The always-on-DRM no-used-game bullshit they were going to do before it launched plus the run of third party games being noticeably inferior on XB1 should have been deadly poison to the system. But they managed to turn things around and at least make the Xbox One not look shitty from a general perception standpoint.

This being said, I don't think there's any way in hell the Xbox One catches up to the PS4 at this point.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll give Xbox credit where credit is due though, they've done a respectable job of rehabbing the Xbox One's image. The always-on-DRM no-used-game bullshit they were going to do before it launched plus the run of third party games being noticeably inferior on XB1 should have been deadly poison to the system. But they managed to turn things around and at least make the Xbox One not shitty.

This being said, I don't think there's any way in hell the Xbox One catches up to the PS4 at this point.

Mattrick's direction really fucked it bad. The first impression is so important. Always-on would have been fine had they not said it how they said it. Absolutely fumbled the communication.

Honestly I'm not seeing games being noticeably inferior on either system, and we have DF threads vomiting up that both of them have their share of inferior titles, but I've yet to give a shit personally, and I've yet to hear of Real People giving a shit as well.

You say there's no way for the Bone to catch up but I'm not seeing why not - unless some serious exclusives, a big run of them, show up, the Bone is holding its own pretty much just fine, regardless of sales numbers being different, they're still a cornerstone of what gaming is in America, and likely will remain there for quite some time just due to their name presence.

I think a lot of it boils down to us being gamers, and not people who actually know how shit works. We like to pretend we do, but we're pretending. Just like that paragraph above that I wrote. I'm just pretending. What would I know? I'm a goddamn real estate mogul, not a kideo game marketer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Xbox was almost unstoppable and they fucked it all up.

And if you bought into the tone of a zillion articles and internet popular opinion, it was DOA on launch.

But things are alright. We have games everywhere for everyone. So we all win.

jmdajr

Although WWE has not made an official announcement, Daniel Bryan has been pulled from all advertisements for the remainder of the current WWE European tour.

As we reported yesterday, Dave Meltzer noted on the most recent edition of Wrestling Observer Radio that Daniel Bryan has been working hurt, and continues to struggle with health issues stemming from his injury last year. Meltzer added WWE has been trying to protect Bryan as of late by booking him in 6 man tag matches, and he has not wrestled on Raw in 2 weeks.

Yikes

jmdajr

And if you bought into the tone of a zillion articles and internet popular opinion, it was DOA on launch.

But things are alright. We have games everywhere for everyone. So we all win.

Every month I purchase the free games even though I don't have one. I'll have lots to do on day 1.

Sephzilla

Mattrick's direction really fucked it bad. The first impression is so important. Always-on would have been fine had they not said it how they said it. Absolutely fumbled the communication.

Honestly I'm not seeing games being noticeably inferior on either system, and we have DF threads vomiting up that both of them have their share of inferior titles, but I've yet to give a shit personally, and I've yet to hear of Real People giving a shit as well.

You say there's no way for the Bone to catch up but I'm not seeing why not - unless some serious exclusives, a big run of them, show up, the Bone is holding its own pretty much just fine, regardless of sales numbers being different, they're still a cornerstone of what gaming is in America, and likely will remain there for quite some time just due to their name presence.

I think a lot of it boils down to us being gamers, and not people who actually know how shit works. We like to pretend we do, but we're pretending. Just like that paragraph above that I wrote. I'm just pretending. What would I know? I'm a goddamn real estate mogul, not a kideo game marketer.

The inferior multiplatform games on Xbox One thing died out a while ago it seems, it was mostly launch window titles. Call of Duty Ghosts apparently had massive framerate drops on XB1 and Tomb Raider ran at half the framerate that the PS4 version did.

In terms of sales, the Xbox One is still selling well and is roughly on the same pace as the Xbox 360 sales wise if I remember right. But the PS4 is selling at an astronomical rate, it's outpacing the PS2 right now. Last I checked the estimated world wide sales ratio was about 2:1 in favor of PS4. On top of that the PS4 is crushing the XB1 in all of the markets that aren't North America (in NA the PS4 even has a lead last I checked, but it's the smallest margin in all of the markets). Xbox One is going to have a good healthy life sales wise, but the PS4 is basically Brock Lesnar right now and there's no sign of a dropoff happening. The only way XB1 was able to outsell PS4 for the holidays was because of a temporary price cut and bundles out the ass, and even then the XB1 only outsold the PS4 during the holiday season by a few thousand units. I just don't see a scenario right now where the XB1 catches up to them in sales. The silver lining is that the XB1 won't get wrecked in sales numbers like the original Xbox did during the PS2 era.

The PS4 selling crazy amounts of units and the XB1 still selling respectably is #BestForBusines . I just wish the Wii-U would get some sales traction, it's a legitimately good system.

At least he had his moment.

I was never going to give Microsoft any of my money anyway, not after the debacle I had with their hardware last generation, but they've done very little with the One so far to make me regret my stance. Sunset Overdrive was tempting, but then I played it for half an hour at a friends house and realised it wasn't for me.

I think a big problem is lack of exclusives on both sides. I really don't feel like I need to own both consoles at this point in the generation, or for the foreseeable future.

Fintan

I played the Master Chief Collection at a friend's house recently. I was sort of disappointed in how it was implemented. I was hoping that I would just be able to separately load up Halo 2 or Halo 3 with all the original playlists and the original ranking systems and just go. But it was mostly playlists that mixed together all the games, including 4 which I had no interest in playing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was never going to give Microsoft any of my money anyway, not after the debacle I had with their hardware last generation, but they've done very little with the One so far to make me regret my stance. Sunset Overdrive was tempting, but then I played it for half an hour at a friends house and realised it wasn't for me.

I think a big problem is lack of exclusives on both sides. I really don't feel like I need to own both consoles at this point in the generation, or for the foreseeable future.

Certainly both are lacking a ton of exclusives. If I would say the Bone's best exclusives are indeed SO (which is really divisive, but those who love it LOVE it), Forza Horizon 2, Killer Instinct, and Halo: MCC - being into single-player or co-op FPSes I don't have a single complaint about that Halo package, ridiculous value of some legit great games with the exception of Halo 4, that simply ain't fun to play.

If those sound good, it's worth it, because they're delightful - but as far as cross-platform titles go, we really do have a lot of great options on playing on whatever the hell we want to, and that's fantastic. I don't want anyone to be left out of good kideos. If it's great, I want to be able to play it.

Sephzilla

Halo 4's single player is alright, multiplayer not so much. I will say this though, Halo 4 visually is pretty stunning and I'm shocked 343 got that much juice out of the 360.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Halo 4's single player is alright, multiplayer not so much. I will say this though, Halo 4 visually is pretty stunning and I'm shocked 343 got that much juice out of the 360.

I was trying to enjoy it the other day and realized it's the flying enemies that make me hate it. I don't like having cover be useless and get the feeling that you can get attacked from behind. I prefer feeling like you advance in a straight wave - with dedicated safe zones you can retreat to. Maybe that's why I like Gears so much.

Whenever I feel surrounded in an FPS, that's one of the most un-fun feelings I get. I hate it when COD games do it as well.

XenoRaven

Halo 4 isn't bad when it's mixed in with other much better Halo games.

The main thing about MCC was that it took them like 6 months to make it so that I could play in a party with my friends without having to jump through a bunch of wacky hoops. There were times where it just straight up didn't work. It pains me to say it but I don't even feel like picking the game up anymore, even if it actually is mostly fixed.

jmdajr

Neville couldn't have come up at a better time. His fans are more militant than Danny Bryan's so you know they'll occupy the sh*t out of Raw. Bryan should just pass the Yes Chant over to Neville.

What comedy duo can we pair Neville width to get insanely over? He needs a catch phrase. Can't do it on ability alone.

Sephzilla

Halo 4 isn't bad when it's mixed in with other much better Halo games.

The main thing about MCC was that it took them like 6 months to make it so that I could play in a party with my friends without having to jump through a bunch of wacky hoops. There were times where it just straight up didn't work. It pains me to say it but I don't even feel like picking the game up anymore, even if it actually is mostly fixed.

Same thing with me. I know it's fixed but I don't even want to touch it anymore. Bloodborne also happened.

Top Bottom