• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Hasney

XP0POMj.gif

KxhgS6Y.gif

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
FWIW, I've more or less dusted my PS4 and just use my X1. Between Sling and Halo, kind of has my TV occupied.

X1 will probably never catch the PS4 in terms of worldwide sales - Japan / Asian markets are not fans of Xbox in general. I would be hesitant to crown PS4 though; up until 2011, the Wii was running away with the console war in the US, and by the time that generation ended, X360 had taken the throne as at least the perception winner of the generation. I think the games will end up defining the generation, similar to last generation.

I think that's usually bean breath's job but we need a real Bryan fan like Duncan or Wesker to do it if they can find time to in between all the uncontrollable sobbing they'll be doing for then next two weeks.

Duncan might also be doubly sad that Styker has been reduced to the lowest of jobbers in MKX.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll make the Daniel Bryan thread. I'll do it justice.

But like... WWE Champ. Not sure how this can happen unless Seth gets hurt.

It'd be redundant to do it again with the world title. Besides, he lost clean to God Emperor Cena so he's pretty much already set on his downward spiral to cringeworthy comedy segments on Main Event now.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Disappointing to hear that Richie Steamboat won't be able to return to wrestling after his back surgery.

I was never going to give Microsoft any of my money anyway, not after the debacle I had with their hardware last generation, but they've done very little with the One so far to make me regret my stance. Sunset Overdrive was tempting, but then I played it for half an hour at a friends house and realised it wasn't for me.

I think a big problem is lack of exclusives on both sides. I really don't feel like I need to own both consoles at this point in the generation, or for the foreseeable future.

Both consoles have been pretty lacklustre for me so far. I totally regret getting a PS4 Day 1, as the only games I've enjoyed since release include a cross-gen game released Day 1 (AssCreed: Black Flag) and then a remaster (GTA V). I mainly use the PS4 as a freaking Netflix box at the moment.

PC has better & cheaper games, and I hate that I'm in this phase of default 'PC Master Race'. Consoles used to be so good, but they've lost their identity to me. They've become less console like and more poor man's PC.

PWInsider.com has not been able to confirm exactly why Bryan was pulled, but when reached for comment, WWE responded with the following statement:

"Daniel Bryan has been pulled from the remainder of the UK tour as a precautionary measure."

In some ways good on WWE for protecting Daniel Bryan, in other ways... why did they allow him to return still injured? Did they know? Anyway, at least they're trying to help him.

Recall

I just hope he comes out from this in a way that let's him continue a life even if outside wrestling. The guy is a great worker and fun to watch but it really might be time to call it a day.

In some ways good on WWE for protecting Daniel Bryan, in other ways... why did they allow him to return still injured? Did they know? Anyway, at least they're trying to help him.

They told him to stop doing dumb shit like headbutts. He responded by doing the ladder headbutt spot, and the Sheamus headbutt, then got cut and hurt again in that same Sheamus match.

Turns out sometimes people try to give good advice.

CM Punk left so Hideo can use the GTS.

Danny Bryan's leaving and now the running knee is back where it belongs, friends.

This would be the best angle, if Hideo was secretly working behind the scenes to break both of them so he could finally take his moves back and rise to the top. That would be some majestic levels of heat.

jmdajr

I don't know. Podcast with everyone's favorite ChRisJericho made it all seem that it was all a huge gamble coming back. No one really knew shit.

Toki767

They told him to stop doing dumb shit like headbutts. He responded by doing the ladder headbutt spot, and the Sheamus headbutt, then got cut and hurt again in that same Sheamus match.

Turns out sometimes people try to give good advice.

Did they actually tell him to stop doing headbutts? Never heard that they did.

That top rope headbutt should be pretty much banned though since that's basically what led to Benoit in the end.

Sephzilla

I think Barrett would make a great candidate to end him. They have history, but haven't had a proper feud. Wade NEEDS this.

I think Rusev could use it more. Wade's been IC champ multiple times and hasn't done shit with it. Rusev ending Bryan's career and taking the IC champ status would effectively balance out the Cena squashing he's going to receive at Extreme Rules. Hell he'd probably get more heat from crowds for ending Bryan than he would with the pro-Russia stuff.

dream

Kane should be the one to take Bryan's career, if only to give closure to Team Hell No, not to mention the heel heat that Kane would get from it.

Sephzilla

Kane should be the one to take Bryan's career, if only to give closure to Team Hell No, not to mention the heel heat that Kane would get from it.

This honestly makes sense, but I don't think he'd get much heat from it at this point. Crowds just don't react to him anymore

Let him have a match with Ziggler and walk in to the sunset with a loss. His last few matches with Ziggler were good and I think he'd rather end with a match he could be proud of. Rusev and Brock don't gain much from retiring Bryan when everyone knows his medical condition. People will be tuning in to see Bryan's last match and if he and Ziggler have a good one it probably does more for Ziggler than Rusev.

Someone like Cesaro would also be suitable.

Top Bottom