• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

jmdajr

Was thinking about this over lunch while digesting food and the Bryan news. WWE's roster has taken some fairly massive hits in the last 4 years.

--Edge is gone
--Christian is basically gone
--Beth Phoenix is gone
--Del Rio left
--Punk left
--AJ is gone
--Bryan might be done

That's five world champs right there.

It's a tough business. Go back more and it changes even more drastic.

I was watching the episode where Edge has his live sex celebration and pretty much almost everyone is gone except Cena.

They had Kurt Angel/HBK vs Chris Masters and Carlito! I didn't even remember such a match.

JavyOO7

As good as they are in NXT, can't see Zayn, Owens, Breeze, Itami, and Balor be successful in main roster. Main roster creative is no where near as patient to tell a story as NXT is. Those five are going to deliver great matches though in the main roster! ... hopefully.

Sephzilla

As good as they are in NXT, can't see Zayn, Owens, Breeze, Itami, and Balor be successful in main roster. Main roster creative is no where near as patient to tell a story as NXT is. Those five are going to deliver great matches though in the main roster! ... hopefully.

I worry about every NXT call up

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE didn't want them because of the homophobia.

On one hand, I wouldn't either.

On the other hand, if it is a gimmick (important) - it would get people talking and showing up and can make some SERIOUS heels.

Toki767

I think HHH realizes that which is why he wants to turn NXT into WCW. So that his legacy isn't the guy who signs indie stars just to get buried in the main roster but rather the guy who signs indie stars and turns them into bigger stars.

Sephzilla

I think HHH realizes that which is why he wants to turn NXT into WCW. So that his legacy isn't the guy who signs indie stars just to get buried in the main roster but rather the guy who signs indie stars and turns them into bigger stars.

I'd really like WWE to retire SmackDown and put NXT in its spot. It's a brand split I'd fully welcome

I think that's what the WWECW turned into in the end, that launch pool for new talent and floating midcarders.

Sure but changing up the vanguard is always nice. Are there any Indy tag teams you think the WWE might be interested in as I've not been keeping up with who us out there?

Oh, I have no idea and you're right it's nice to shake things up now and again on the roster (and WWE could REALLY do with this at times). I just can't see Briscoes being anything other than indie highlights, not that I know anything.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Some things from the Danny Bry / Talk is Jericho guy:

-Sounds like he was in terrible shape prior, chances are he still is.
-Thinks Roman Reigns is THE GUY.
-Called Cena about the surgery he needed first.
-Has a naturopath.
-Felt sad for Punk because he never main evented.
-Wade was going to win the MITB originally.
-Sheamus beating him in 18 seconds was supposed to be Sheamo's ultimate warrior moment.
-Wants to help give other people opportunities.

I think that's what the WWECW turned into in the end, that launch pool for new talent and floating midcarders.

As someone who got into wrestling via the dying months of WWECW, I can attest to this, those there was also a good deal of older dudes like Christian, William Regal and Tommy Dreamer running around.

joelseph

Did I miss something big in OT recently? Hot threads have quite a few bannings in them. Like the Hansen Kickstarter thing. I didn't really read it but it looked like a bloodbath of bannings went down.

As someone who got into wrestling via the dying months of WWECW, I can attest to this, those there was also a good deal of older dudes like Christian, William Regal and Tommy Dreamer running around.

You'd think WWE would love to have that TV slot back for NXT now. It was fun to watch, and I think people would have liked it more if wasn't called 'ECW'.

You'd think WWE would love to have that TV slot back for NXT now. It was fun to watch, and I think people would have liked it more if wasn't called 'ECW'.

They did have it as NXT. When ECW died they had that SyFy slot for a year or two more, and the first seasons of NXT were there. The last one was the godawful divas season that Cole spent the whole time openly making fun of and hitting the gong.

Toki767

Did I miss something big in OT recently? Hot threads have quite a few bannings in them. Like the Hansen Kickstarter thing. I didn't really read it but it looked like a bloodbath of bannings went down.

Olivia Munn being Psylocke I assume is what led to a lot of bannings this week.

They did have it as NXT. When ECW died they had that SyFy slot for a year or two more, and the first seasons of NXT were there. The last one was the godawful divas season that Cole spent the whole time openly making fun of and hitting the gong.

Oh really? I'm not sure we got that over here in the UK, or maybe we did and I just didn't care :\

Sephzilla

I went into that Hansen thread and was all like

fKfzh1K.gif

when I saw all of the tombstones in there

Olivia Munn being Psylocke I assume is what led to a lot of bannings this week.

That thread was fucking disgusting

Nah, I think they got a few episodes into NXT Redemption (Season 5) before it was killed off in favor of SmackDown, but really NXT V1 and the NXT that we have now basically only have the name in common.

Oh really? I'm not sure we got that over here in the UK, or maybe we did and I just didn't care :\

The divas season was not good, so it was probably for the best. The best part of the first season was after it ended, the NXT invasion on Raw which everybody saw. You didn't really miss anything really good, certainly not comparable to current NXT, so it wasn't a big loss.

Remember when Kaval won, got a guaranteed title shot, used it on the IC title, lost, and was gone from the company for being an ass? Good times.

Remember when Kaval won, got a guaranteed title shot, used it on the IC title, lost, and was gone from the company for being an ass? Good times.

Remember that time he faced Big Show in a timed challenge or some shit to earn a slot on Team SmackDown at Survivor Series, Bragging Rights or some shit like that, got his ass kicked for the entire duration of the match but Big Show never bothered to pin him so he won, and then he immediately put said newly won slot up against a (re)debuting Tyler Reks that night and lost?

klonere

Banned
Holy shit the Vince/Austin segment from April 6, 1998 Raw is amazing.

Austin comes down in an awkward looking suit. Vince has the most incredible facial expression when Austin starts talking about how much "power a man like Vince has, the control a man like Vince has".

83J8aF0.gif

Remember that time he faced Big Show in a timed challenge or some shit to earn a slot on Team SmackDown at Survivor Series, Bragging Rights or some shit like that, got his ass kicked for the entire duration of the match but Big Show never bothered to pin him so he won, and then he immediately put said newly won slot up against a (re)debuting Tyler Reks that night and lost?

And then Reks was like the first person eliminated or something and was never heard from again

Alex Riley is the most cringe worthy mother fucker on the roster. His promo delivery is hot garbage, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that his twitter game's equally shitty.

klonere

Banned
Alex Riley is the most cringe worthy mother fucker on the roster. His promo delivery is hot garbage, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that his twitter game's equally shitty.

his promo before fighting Owens the first time was great

until he stood up and said "its time to rage" with generic wrestler toughguy stare

Top Bottom