• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Sephzilla

Alex Riley is the most cringe worthy mother fucker on the roster. His promo delivery is hot garbage, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that his twitter game's equally shitty.

his promo before fighting Owens the first time was great

until he stood up and said "its time to rage" with generic wrestler toughguy stare

Everything Riley does makes me cringe.

The guy also looks like a wellness policy violation waiting to happen

NXT on Syfy at the very end got fun. Creepy Johnny Curtis and bumbling idiots Hawkens and Rex were entertaining. Also, Matt Striker locked in a broom closet for a month or so.

scabro

Regarding Bryan, i will say this: Him getting beaten in 18 seconds by Sheamus at Mania was the very first match i saw live after not watching wrestling since like 05. And the reactions to it were so entertaining to me that it pulled me back into this god forsaken form of entertainment. So i guess technically Daniel Bryan is responsible for me watching wrestling. So fuck Daniel Bryan, is what im saying.

NXT on Syfy at the very end got fun. Creepy Johnny Curtis and bumbling idiots Hawkens and Rex were entertaining. Also, Matt Striker locked in a broom closet for a month or so.

At some point they pretty much dropped most of the pretense of it being a faux reality competition show like the first couple of seasons and it just became a insane parody of a wrestling show.

RobbieNick

So his injury is still a problem for him hunh? Then why did they bring him back before he was fully healed? I guess this is why even with the Intercontinental championship, he's been on light duty. Only working Smackdown and such.

Yeahhhhh boiii

10325544_917941301601939_5378567783202559105_n.jpg

Was Low Ki that much of a Diva in WWE?

I know he is pretty notorious on the indies but I dont know much about his backstage bullshit while he was in the E. It just seemed like he came and went.

Fuck yeah, great addition! Wonder how far they're going to go with the international talent - this is a STRONG STYLE tournament, after all. Gotta have someone from Japan. Koji Kanemoto would be cool and he has been coming over to the UK a lot recently.

Yeah, the New Japan guys seem to be branching out from Rev Pro, I've seen them advertised elsewhere in the country lately. *fingers crossed*

jmdajr

Holy shit the Vince/Austin segment from April 6, 1998 Raw is amazing.

Austin comes down in an awkward looking suit. Vince has the most incredible facial expression when Austin starts talking about how much "power a man like Vince has, the control a man like Vince has".

83J8aF0.gif

Holy fuck. Is he trying to make Austin laugh. God damn.

Was Low Ki that much of a Diva in WWE?

I know he is pretty notorious on the indies but I dont know much about his backstage bullshit while he was in the E. It just seemed like he came and went.

All I remember is that when he left, it was reported that he left of his own accord but a good while after him and others like MVP came out and said he was fired.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nice to see Ciampa show up somewhere that he can be appreciated. He's one of the hardest working dudes out there.

jred2k

My gut feeling is that if WWE had offered The Briscoes something that would have sent them right onto TV on the main roster for main roster money, we'd have seen The Briscoes leave, but them to walk away from ROH and their entire family's lifestyle for the promise of just NXT, it wasn't going to happen....and who knows, it might happen one day, but it won't be at least for several years, but it also might never happen.

Bolded is the most Meltzerz thing I've ever read.

tm24

Nice to see Ciampa show up somewhere that he can be appreciated. He's one of the hardest working dudes out there.

Also a really nice guy! My brother at his first indy went up to him after seeing him for the first time and said he loved his style and Ciampa loved it

Striker

The Bryan-Kane backstage segment on Monday is a bit ironic now. Losing by laying down from your superiors, or being forced to sell a hit by a piece of paper.

The Bryan-Kane backstage segment on Monday is a bit ironic now. Losing by laying down from your superiors, or being forced to sell a hit by a piece of paper.

Please, that's clearly not paper. Can't say for sure what it is, but perhaps the exact substance will be revealed in his upcoming autobiography.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I think we can name at least 3 from this very thread who would have started OT threads to celebrate Bryan's retirement, not what he's been able to do, not his body of matches, if Bryan announced his retirement due to injury.

I'm pretty sure that number would be 30 if it were Roman Reigns. Pretty sure the last few months has shown the self-righteousness of some of Bryan's fans is bordering on delusional. Somewhere between "You Suck Cena" and "We Are Awesome".

There's some people who are going to be real happy when Bryan retires and, as far as I can tell, it's entirely because they dislike his fanbase. Which is pretty sad. It's also sad that one of the greatest mat technicians of his generation had to turn into a glorified high spot to get over, which undoubtedly impacted his health.

Par for the course based off of wrestling fans and this thread.

klonere

Banned
I'm pretty sure that number would be 30 if it were Roman Reigns. Pretty sure the last few months has shown the self-righteousness of some of Bryan's fans is bordering on delusional. Somewhere between "You Suck Cena" and "We Are Awesome".

not a Daniel Bryan guy here (haven't even seen WM30) but I'd wager that if it was Ambrose or someone else other than Reigns, the backlash would have been lesser.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
HAHAHAHAHA. Kaval. The NXT antics were fucking godly.

Kaval and Laycool were top tier entertainment, only reason I watched that season of NXT. I always thought Ki was an idiot because he could have rode that pairing to a decent run in the midcard. Instead he thought he should be WWE Champion on day one or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I also really loved Kaval and LayCool's interactions. Amazing. Definitely my favorite part of Low Ki's career, despite wonderful matches. He finally got treated like the child he has shown himself to be. I loved it.

Hey Boots, someone mentioned Kaval/Low Ki. You know what's next!

Hope everyone is hype for wwe uncensored. Who let Russo into,booking meetings

*Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton in a steel cage match for the WWE title with the RKO banned
*John Cena vs. Rusev in a Russian chain match for the U.S. title
*Nikki Bella vs. Paige for the Diva’s title
*Big Show vs. Roman Reigns in a last man standing match
*Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler in a Kiss My Ass match

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Ludark Shaitan is so cool.
haxSBsH.jpg

Boots, you gonna watch her IWA: MS return?

Toki767

I don't know how you can ban a move in what is essentially a no DQ match.

Like...what happens if he uses it? Does he get DQ'd? Does the match just stop? Does he win the title and then the decision is reversed the next night?

Top Bottom