• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Fox318

rednecks-rednecks-demotivational-poster-1221079514.jpg
I'm no redneck but everyone has buying power regardless of how much disposable income they have.

Wrestling has a terrible repuation.

That's the only thing I can truly think of but that doesn't stop people from working with anyone else in the sports industry.

KissVibes

Banned
Can anyone explain or point me to a good source on why despite wrestling getting good ratings nobody wants to buy advertising on wrestling shows?

Nobody wants to buy ads on a wrestling show on a channel that is 98% Ghost/Urban Legend and Wacky Redneck Reality TV shows.

My younger brother LOVES ghost shows so he loves Destination America since it is Ghost shit from 8am to like 5pm. Then it switches to Ghost shows AND Wacky Redneck Reality TV shows. Most of the commercials are for TV or for other shows on the channel. I can't name a single product or movie I have seen an ad for on the Network.

I guarantee Discovery won't keep this channel going for much longer. I say it'll be gone by Summer of 2016.

Fox318

Nobody wants to buy ads on a wrestling show on a channel that is 98% Ghost/Urban Legend and Wacky Redneck Reality TV shows.

My younger brother LOVES ghost shows so he loves Destination America since it is Ghost shit from 8am to like 5pm. Then it switches to Ghost shows AND Wacky Redneck Reality TV shows. Most of the commercials are for TV or for other shows on the channel. I can't name a single product or movie I have seen an ad for on the Network.

I guarantee Discovery won't keep this channel going for much longer. I say it'll be gone by Summer of 2016.

That line of cheap reality programming is pretty similar to what they run on TLC and they make a decent amount on some of those shows.

They can't be paying much for most of those shows since its mostly white rednecks in cold places talking about how proud they are avoiding taxes and constructing a homemade shower out of a Rubbermaid container.

KissVibes

Banned
That line of cheap reality programming is pretty similar to what they run on TLC and they make a decent amount on some of those shows.

They can't be paying much for most of those shows since its mostly white rednecks in cold places talking about how proud they are avoiding taxes and constructing a homemade shower out of a Rubbermaid container.

ACTUAL DESTINATION AMERICA SHOWS:

- Ghost Town Gold
- Ghost Stalkers
- UFOs Over Earth
- When Ghosts Attack!
- Ghostly Encounters
- Hauntings and Horrors
- A Haunting
- Ghosts in my House
- Hillbilly Blood
- Impact Wrestling
- BBQ Pitmasters: Father vs. Son
- Alien Mysteries
- An Amish Haunting

Who the fuck wants to buy AD time on this network? Paramount when the new Paranormal Activity is coming out? Unlike TLC trash which has somewhat broad appeal and reaches a large demographic of mothers (who have jobs and can buy shit), Destination America is targeted at fringe weirdos, retired dads, and children that believe in ghosts and aliens.

Ithil

I'm no redneck but everyone has buying power regardless of how much disposable income they have.

That's the only thing I can truly think of but that doesn't stop people from working with anyone else in the sports industry.

I mean a really, really, terrible reputation.

KissVibes

Banned
Dixie took the only deal that came around and you can't blame her for trying to keep everyone employed. But nobody is going to watch this goddamn channel, nobody is going to advertise on it, and barely enough US Citizens even have the channel to begin with. Discovery was foolish to think TNA would be some dramatic change for them.

Just look at Impact's hot lead in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atEREe_J3E0

I forgot how fucking awful ECW crowds were. They were fine in '93, but two years later and they're the sort of assholes to chant "BORING!" when guys like Guerrero & Malenko are locking up on the mat.

Barrage

Can anyone explain or point me to a good source on why despite wrestling getting good ratings nobody wants to buy advertising on wrestling shows?

My girlfriend once said that the only adults she knew that still watched wrestling either had mental disabilities or were broke stand-up comedians. I did the Math, she was wrong.It was 78%.

Xater

Dixie took the only deal that came around and you can't blame her for trying to keep everyone employed. But nobody is going to watch this goddamn channel, nobody is going to advertise on it, and barely enough US Citizens even have the channel to begin with. Discovery was foolish to think TNA would be some dramatic change for them.

Just look at Impact's hot lead in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atEREe_J3E0

The only enjoyment I could get out of this show is laughing at these idiots believing all this shit. Then again radio shows with call ins are better for that because you get to hear more fools than this show probably has per season.

SO DDT had a show in an amusement park today

DDT has intergender matches?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All the crowd wanted out of the match was crazy moves. They just wanted to see Eddie & Scorp doing flips and Taz suplexing the shit out of Malenko. It's like an ROH crowd from a decade later, but one that shits all over everything before and between the movez.

Heyman had an interview talking about how the ECW crowd appreciated great work. I guess if you define 'great work' as big spots then, yeah, sure. Maybe that's why Raven never had any big spots as a heel.

The only enjoyment I could get out of this show is laughing at these idiots believing all this shit. Then again radio shows with call ins are better for that because you get to hear more fools than this show probably has per season.

DDT has intergender matches?

they have had Inter-everything matches.

tm24

Prince Puma vs Mil Muertes- LU title match
Team son of Havoc vs Disciples of Death (Ricky Mandell & Mariachi Loco and a third person under masks
EL Patron vs Mundo
Pentagon Jr Vs Vampiro
El Texano vs Blue Deamon Jr
That sounds pretty great, especially if Pentagon murders someone

Pizoxuat

Well if you ever wanted to see Kota Ibushi in a bubble bath

tumblr_nmuhluWqFG1s2q3vmo1_1280.png

now you have.

Japanese wrestling has an interesting relationship with the fans.

Alucard

Banned
Department re-structuring. My role was no longer required. Was there for about 3.5 years. Sucks, it was an absolutely amazing company to work for.

Did you get any type of severance package?

Always rough to lose your job. Wish you luck in finding a new one, man. We're here to bullshit with if you need us.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Did you get any type of severance package?

Always rough to lose your job. Wish you luck in finding a new one, man.

Yup, got a few months severance. Very above and beyond of them. It's rough. Last week we were doing some training in preparation for some of the changes, and I had this nagging feeling of, "Where do I fit in in all of this?"

I have a good network of connections. Taking it easy for the rest of the week/end. Enjoy some beers, going to Toronto to hang out with some friends/family then get at it on Monday.

Fludder's an idiot, but fuck Nash. Not sure how anyone could possibly defend such an unprofessional, carny fucking attitude. Only good that can come of it is to dissuade British promoters from wasting their time by booking the cunt.

I absolutely cannot be doing with Fludder he's the reason i don't go to pcw anymore, his arrogance is outstanding - remember when he thought it was a great idea for him to release the video of him going round and intimidating the kid bootlegging the dvds.

Top Bottom