• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In the coming months, MCU-gaf and a growing Star Wars-gaf will be out to compete with each other for more new threads made in off-topic.

This is the darkest timeline.

Aiii

So not worth it
Star Wars is awesome and if you dislike threads about Star Wars
during a big convention where they reveal tons of new stuff
then you're just wrong. DEAD WRONG.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Both WWF and WCW were shockingly ahead of the curve when it came to the internet. They both did tons of stuff online from 1995 on.

DMczaf

I won't lie, Sunny was one of the first searches I made when we got AOL in 1995

ad+11.jpg

Softgels

Banned
These Attitude Era shows are something else. Both for good and bad reasons. Mostly bad. But it is interesting that Austin was clearly not 100% yet in the lead up to WM (he worked all of two televised matches in January-WM, one was the Rumble and one was an 8 man tag), then HBK gets injured at the Rumble and doesn't wrestle again until WM. During all this, HHH injured his knee and as soon as he was ready to get back in the ring, Owen nearly breaks his ankle.

Then in the middle of the Foley/Funk vs NAO, Road Dogg injures his shoulder and is out of action. It seems like the Road to Wrestlemania was cursed in 1998.

I also didn't at all remember how LOD 2000 came to be. My memory was of DX/NAO beating them and powerbombing Animal through the announce table, they took time off, then came back at WM with the new gear/hair and Sunny. But nope, they stayed being losers to everyone until a few weeks before WM, got into a fight, then came back "new and improved". It was weird.

Softgels

Banned
#TeamOnPurpose

Are you suggesting that former NXT Superstar Kassius Ohno, a man fired for his weight problems, would conspire with a Japanese ring crew to loosen the ropes to the perfect amount that would leave enough tension for Irish whips and springboards, but just enough slack to allow a spot so the Japanese audience could have a giggle at the expense of Chris Hero's jiggle?

Now I ask you, which seems more likely? The above scenario, or that Chris Hero had not tried that spot since gaining a Daniel Bryan in his belly region? Food for thought.

Heel

Are you suggesting that former NXT Superstar Kassius Ohno, a man fired for his weight problems, would conspire with a Japanese ring crew to loosen the ropes to the perfect amount that would leave enough tension for Irish whips and springboards, but just enough slack to allow a spot so the Japanese audience could have a giggle at the expense of Chris Hero's jiggle?

Well, yeah.

I'm not familiar with his repertoire, but the first thing the guy does is grab the middle rope and never lets go. What else would he be doing, exactly? Seems like one of those zany indie spots to me.

Sorry to expose the business, friends.

Softgels

Banned
Well, yeah.

I'm not familiar with his repertoire, but the first thing the guy does is grab the middle rope and never lets go. What else would he be doing, exactly? Seems like one of those zany indie spots to me.

Is there video evidence of Chris Hero speaking Japanese? I'm not willing to believe this story if he doesn't speak Japanese.

scabro

Well, yeah.

I agree completely. It seems like people here just want to body shame Hero and imply he is incompetent because he gained a little bit of weight.

I thought we had moved past that.

Top Bottom