• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Softgels

Banned
...*narrows eyes*

What do YOU know about TheWesker

Been lurking for about 2 years waiting to get my account approved. I saw when he got bodied by Heel and left in shame, only for some yahoo using his avatar to start posting shortly after. Now, I don't know if those events are related. I can't say. But I know about TheWesker, I can tell you that. I also know that you are small and FallingEdge has more muscles and is bigger than almost every guy on the indies.

Been lurking for about 2 years waiting to get my account approved. I saw when he got bodied by Heel and left in shame, only for some yahoo using his avatar to start posting shortly after. Now, I don't know if those events are related. I can't say. But I know about TheWesker, I can tell you that. I also know that you are small and FallingEdge has more muscles and is bigger than almost every guy on the indies.

1: Heel doesn't body anybody, he's a goddamn MMA jobber

2: I am a normal sized human

3: FallingEdge is a legit giant and could chokeslam everybody in NeoGAF. He'd totally win the Frecklestein Memorial Battle Royal

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I enjoy this new member Softgels.

1: Heel doesn't body anybody, he's a goddamn MMA jobber

2: I am a normal sized human

3: FallingEdge is a legit giant and could chokeslam everybody in NeoGAF. He'd totally win the Frecklestein Memorial Battle Royal

Frecklestein Memorial Battle Royale

Happens 6 times a year

Went to ICW this evening and a good time was had. The first half was a bit forgettable, lots of guys I didn't know in the 6-man opener and some wtf run-ins I didn't get, then Lionheart & Chris Renfrew stunk up the joint with "WWE Finishers, The Match". There was a 3-way match with Marty Scurll being awesome, as per usual, some pale as the fucking moon kid named Jack Gallacher who was pretty good and Joe Coffey. He wasn't all that impressive, for all the hype. That was followed by fucking GRADO electrifying the building with goddamn pure, unadulterated, uncut charisma. Fuck, he's good. When presented properly (as he is in ICW) and with a class opponent (namely, The East End Butcher, Sha Samuels) Grado is astonishingly good.

Mikey Whiplash vs BT Gunn started well enough, the match starting at the bar before spilling into the ring. They set-up a guardrail horizontally off the ring apron, then in a real scary moment the middle rope fucking SNAPPED and poor Mikey Whiplash crashed through the guardrail, breaking it to pieces. To their credit they managed to salvage the match, then the ring crew worked their arses off to get it reattached. Good match with Mark Coffey vs Noam Dar, another guy who just exudes charisma and is already so polished at such a young age. Big Damo & Mastiff had a total goddamn hoss match, made all the more insane by the zero fucks both of them showed about the ropes potentially snapping again. Main event rolled around and, I admit, I marked the fuck out for Sabu who didn't really put a foot wrong, took some nasty bumps and sold Galloway's DDT like death. Drew's great, you watch him and it seems insane that WWE didn't do more with such obvious talent.

Big Damo & The Bastard;

mxrxVbt.jpg

Drew;

LZ30abr.jpg

Bastardplex;

kf0Q8kR.gif

SaaaaaaaaaaaBUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

WiLWgDh.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boots, that ring looked like it was in REAL trouble with the Bastardplex. Sounds like an alright show. I wonder how much longer until Mastiff leaves for America for good? Or maybe Japan, but everyone always says Japan. I think he'd have more luck in America, as he broadens his appeal.

Interesting seat selection. You getting buddy-buddy with the crew? You find a Ye Olde Britishe Commandant BronsonLee Appleton Smythe equivalent?

Interesting seat selection. You getting buddy-buddy with the crew? You find a Ye Olde Britishe Commandant BronsonLee Appleton Smythe equivalent?

1: There ain't nobody like me, daddeh
2: If Boots came to America, I'd lock him out of the venue!

pssh he's a REAL wrestler Bronson, performing in front of REAL wrestling fans not SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT FANS

But his Broken Dreams entrance was goddamn awesome

He'll head back to WWE as a special NXT wrestler like Rhino.

No fuck that

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What would your chosen "British Name" be to get over with their "'ard boyz" crowd over there, Bronson?

Boots, that ring looked like it was in REAL trouble with the Bastardplex. Sounds like an alright show. I wonder how much longer until Mastiff leaves for America for good? Or maybe Japan, but everyone always says Japan. I think he'd have more luck in America, as he broadens his appeal.

Yeah, the ring was shaking all over the place during that match, I bet the ring crew were terrified it would break again. Mastiff tweeted something hinting he might be in BOLA this year, which would be amazing and all he needs to draw people's attention. Dude would absolutely kill it in PWG.

Haha, no, it was just a really weird venue - no seats, lots of space on the multiple balconies and not a lot of space on the floor. I'm not the tallest, so I just grabbed any bit of open balcony I could see.

2: If Boots came to America, I'd lock him out of the venue!

This is because I disparaged your selfie stick, isn't it?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the ring was shaking all over the place during that match, I bet the ring crew were terrified it would break again. Mastiff tweeted something hinting he might be in BOLA this year, which would be amazing and all he needs to draw people's attention. Dude would absolutely kill it in PWG.

Mastiff up here for BOLA would probably be the best thing he could do as far as raising his profile. SO many awesome matchups for him over here. I'd even watch PWG just for that. I just don't get out much anymore, that's all I mean. I like PWG.

Oh, I forgot to rant about EVOLVE, didn't I? Right, well I didn't watch Friday's show live because fuck your 9PM EST bell-time that sees me staying up till five in the goddamn morning, tired as fuck. Not the best way to appreciate a show. Then, lots of people asking Gabe the next day when the VOD will be up...no answer. Just hours to go until the next live show and no sign of the previous night's VOD...no response from Gabe. Showtime rolls around (7PM EST, much better for your international audience). There's video packages playing. Two of them. On repeat. For about 30 minutes, as the show's starting late. Yep, it's EVOLVE all right. Show finally kicks off with just a disgraceful women's match between Santana & Andrea, who is the drizzling shits, capped off by an awful-as-fuck SoCal Val angle no one gives a shit about. Gabe tells me off for GIF'ing his show, lol. Then, the show has to take an unplanned intermission because of internet issues - turns out, the dingy shithole of a venue they're running (and have drawn maybe a hundred fans to, if I'm being generous) has equally shitty internet. I give up at this point, but apparently the audience at home and the crowd in attendance are kept waiting for a fucking HOUR for shit to resume. Well over 24hrs after the debacle, the VOD for either show is not yet available. L-O-L.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I forgot to rant about EVOLVE, didn't I? Right, well I didn't watch Friday's show live because fuck your 9PM EST bell-time that sees me staying up till five in the goddamn morning, tired as fuck. Not the best way to appreciate a show. Then, lots of people asking Gabe the next day when the VOD will be up...no answer. Just hours to go until the next live show and no sign of the previous night's VOD...no response from Gabe. Showtime rolls around (7PM EST, much better for your international audience). There's video packages playing. Two of them. On repeat. For about 30 minutes, as the show's starting late. Yep, it's EVOLVE all right. Show finally kicks off with just a disgraceful women's match between Santana & Andrea, who is the drizzling shits, capped off by an awful-as-fuck SoCal Val angle no one gives a shit about. Gabe tells me off for GIF'ing his show, lol. Then, the show has to take an unplanned intermission because of internet issues - turns out, the dingy shithole of a venue they're running (and have drawn maybe a hundred fans to, if I'm being generous) has equally shitty internet. I give up at this point, but apparently the audience at home and the crowd in attendance are kept waiting for a fucking HOUR for shit to resume. Well over 24hrs after the debacle, the VOD for either show is not yet available. L-O-L.

Mad about giffing the show. It does more favors than not.

Boots killed Evolve because Gabe wanted him to stop pirating his show through GIFs

YOU SON OF A BITCH

Lol, it was literally one gif, then less than a minute later he sent me a DM. I just found it amusing that he was so quick to respond to that situation, but steadfastly ignored multiple questions about the VOD.

Gabe needs to bring in some dragongate guys for a show.

Evolve is in a weird place.

Dragon Gate don't give a shit any more. I think I read something about the guy who arranged for talent to come over getting replaced and, supposedly, the new guy thinks it's a waste of time to continue the relationship.

And yeah, EVOLVE's in a very weird place - there's too many contrasting styles that, while sometimes a benefit, can also lead to feeling like there's no real direction. Especially when those matches or angles don't live up to expectations.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_nn2z85wP5i1s0zdtdo1_540.jpg

Suit game is waaaay up there. Really makes Fortune look ridiculous.

And yeah, EVOLVE's in a very weird place - there's too many contrasting styles that, while sometimes a benefit, can also lead to feeling like there's no real direction. Especially when those matches or angles don't live up to expectations.

Shame about the situation, I like Evolve, but their card is too inconsistent. I just want them to focus on guys like Thatcher, Gulak and Biff, any of them fighting or when they face guys like Hero or Strong produces great matches. Wish they had more money to bring more European wrestlers like Sabre or End more often. But the show is too inconsistent to care about.

Heisei Ishingun's suit game was almost entirely on point, Kengo letting the side down with that leather jacket though.

jvE2DkH.jpg

Shame about the situation, I like Evolve, but their card is too inconsistent. I just want them to focus on guys like Thatcher, Gulak and Biff, any of them fighting or when they face guys like Hero or Strong produces great matches. Wish they had more money to bring more European wrestlers like Sabre or End more often. But the show is too inconsistent to care about.

Yeah, it definitely seems like the 'pure wrestling' side of things is generating more interest than other aspects - Galloway's been a good addition too, one who will be able to mesh well with the likes of Biff & Thatcher. But it seems like a lot of the other stuff gets in the way - like the Premier Athlete Brand shit.

Yeah, it definitely seems like the 'pure wrestling' side of things is generating more interest than other aspects - Galloway's been a good addition too, one who will be able to mesh well with the likes of Biff & Thatcher. But it seems like a lot of the other stuff gets in the way - like the Premier Athlete Brand shit.

Yeah, I usually skip all the PAB stuff, is awful. The Strong vs Drew feud is my favorite of the year, their cage match was brutal, even the shitty cage had a part to play. I am also getting tired of Gargano in Evolve, specially when a title is in play, the guys is worst than Cena in kicking out of finishers. I was so mad when he kicked out of two consecutive Future Shock DDTs, bought bad memories of hes first reign in DGUSA.

Lol, it was literally one gif, then less than a minute later he sent me a DM. I just found it amusing that he was so quick to respond to that situation, but steadfastly ignored multiple questions about the VOD.

I want to support EVOLVE but stuff like this is insane. Actually tried to buy the Friday show Saturday morning but obviously it wasn't up. And Gabe should be begging guys to GIF his shows. If it wasn't for Boots and one interview he did on the Observer site I wouldn't even know they were still doing shows. The #7 promotion in the US could use the publicity.

I want to support EVOLVE but stuff like this is insane. Actually tried to buy the Friday show Saturday morning but obviously it wasn't up. And Gabe should be begging guys to GIF his shows. If it wasn't for Boots and one interview he did on the Observer site I wouldn't even know they were still doing shows. The #7 promotion in the US could use the publicity.

lol @ #7

not disagreeing with you, just made me laugh

I liked the record concept when EVOLVE first came out. My boy Chucky T at the top of the list. And it was the first time I saw Bobby Fish wrestle.

tm24

That last line is so good

Top Bottom