• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

NoRéN

Main event rolled around and, I admit, I marked the fuck out for Sabu who didn't really put a foot wrong, took some nasty bumps and sold Galloway's DDT like death.
You mark ass mark!

Seriously though, I marked out for Sabu at wrestlecon too. That guy takes some sick bumps, it's hard not to get excited.

Poor Shelton , doesn't have a belt :(

CDASAfoUMAEvlFa.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The real Bronson has a dirtstache of the ages. And better hair.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember that time Brock was in NJPW and when they set him up to receive Inoki's slap like everyone else, he said, 'Nobody slaps me.'

That was pretty good.

Pavaloo

You know what's the worst?

Getting told by a 15 year old COD playing Marvel watching MMA diehard that wrestling is for 12 year olds.

It's like no one ever gets it's a TV show. I know it's dumb, but fuck man either don't watch any fiction work at all or shut the fuck up. Just ugghhh. The worst is having to explain I'm not a diehard fan because I only watch raw and rarely catch anything else like lucha underground, roh, njpw, etc. Or that I had stopped watching for like 7 years. No one gets it, they'll never get it and I mean fuck it's not like I want them to - I don't really care, but why does everyone have to look down their nose at me like I don't get it - from a fucking 15 year old no less. "Wrestling is fake" do you even know what the guys in there are capable of doing? You think a deadlift powerbomb is easy? "It's fake tho" You know a lot of these guys have fighting backgrounds and the training for it? I can at least name 3 guys on roster that were amateur college wrestlers "It's fake" I can name one guy that won an olympic gold medal with a broken freakin' neck "but it's fake" Do you say that about movies? "That's different though" Man fuck off with that shit.

Sorry for the rant I just need to get it out and I figure this is the only place that would understand.

Rough day.

tm24

You know what's the worst?

Getting told by a 15 year old COD playing Marvel watching MMA diehard that wrestling is for 12 year olds.

It's like no one ever gets it's a TV show. I know it's dumb, but fuck man either don't watch any fiction work at all or shut the fuck up. Just ugghhh. The worst is having to explain I'm not a diehard fan because I only watch raw and rarely catch anything else like lucha underground, roh, njpw, etc. Or that I had stopped watching for like 7 years. No one gets it, they'll never get it and I mean fuck it's not like I want them to - I don't really care, but why does everyone have to look down their nose at me like I don't get it - from a fucking 15 year old no less. "Wrestling is fake" do you even know what the guys in there are capable of doing? You think a deadlift powerbomb is easy? "It's fake tho" You know a lot of these guys have fighting backgrounds and the training for it? I can at least name 3 guys on roster that were amateur college wrestlers "It's fake" I can name one guy that won an olympic gold medal with a broken freakin' neck "but it's fake" Do you say that about movies? "That's different though" Man fuck off with that shit.

Sorry for the rant I just need to get it out and I figure this is the only place that would understand.

Rough day.

Just for fun, use dumb 15 year-old logic to hate on something they like.

Pavaloo

Eh it works out not so great when I have an older brother who's 26 and as fratbro as they come saying stuff like "when there are championship belts they're trying to fake being real." Then they bond over UFC and all that shit. Too much male bravado

It's easy to make him get worked up by talking shit on PS4 lol and I was able to get him riled up by saying Brock Lesnar put UFC on the map. So there's some solace in that I guess.

Aiii

So not worth it
"Brie and I definitely want to do a spin-off; a show which will focus on our family and also includes our men. I think it would be amazing. We have this group of girlfriends which we've kind of introduced to the world, but not really. Not only are they beautiful but they have personalities that you wouldn't believe, they kind of remind me of Cameron Diaz's character in the film 'There's Something About Mary'."

All of The Bella's friends have one and the same personality.

NoRéN

Yeah. Should have countered with, "Yeah well, your favorite band sucks, your parents aren't that bad, your teachers aren't out to get you, and the only sure thing you have going for you tonight is making love to your hand."

Pavaloo

Wrestling is fake though

why are you even arguing with a 15 year old and getting mad

no way

he was being a bratty little shit and when you're in a room full of idiots it's easy to get piled on. it's not like they just said "wrestling sucks" once and i went off on some tirade. just months of incessant whining and shit talking while simultaneously coming over to my house to join us while we watch the ppvs or something. i didn't even bring anything up - somebody asked me if i saw smackdown the week before and I just shrugged and said I haven't watched it in a while and he just went off. and i don't respond at first because this always happens(this just in wrestling is stupid), but after a while it's just like dude shut the fuck up you were just talking about how excited you are for batman. like fuck, just stay home and don't watch if you're just going to bitch and make sure no one else enjoys themselves.

Browny

Banned
There is no way I should open this thread and be face-to-face with these images. Why Aiii WHY

I may have to Alucard this to the next page... Edit: 6 posts, that's do-able...

Aiii

So not worth it
There is no way I should open this thread and be face-to-face with these images. Why Aiii WHY

I may have to Alucard this to the next page... Edit: 6 posts, that's do-able...

Ask Vince McMahon, because apparently he liked the same thing in 1997 that he does in 2014.

At least he's consistent. :D

Softgels

Banned
Lol wrestling is just a TV show. No different than any sitcom or drama on TV. It's just in front of a crowd. The "it's fake" argument is the dumbest shit, because all TV shows are fake. "But they try to pretend it's real" is also stupid, because all TV shows are real in their world. Like, the doctors on Grey's Anatomy are real doctors on that show.

It's literally the same thing. That opening Attitude Era video has Vince directly comparing Raw to cartoons, talk shows, sitcoms, and soap operas. I don't know why either side gets so worked up over it.

Boots - did Lionheart live up to my hype of bad rock bottom, bad frogspalsh, superkick and cutter?

He really did choose his moves as a 12 year old I think

Yep, I called it "WWE Finishers, The Match" because both guys did nothing but stunners, rock bottoms, frogsplashes, superkicks, cutters, etc. It fucking sucked and was easily the worst match on the show. Grado doesn't do a lot, but everything he does is over as fuck. He's a great example of doing a LOT with very little.

Lionheart looked pissed off because no one gave two fucks about him when he came out. They played both promos on the big screen and lots of people were booing Lionheart's 7+ minute ramblings, which didn't help matters. I get the impression that everyone wanted to cheer on Renfrew, but him having "FUCK LONDON" on his back immediately stopped that.

Oh yeah, final wrasslin' thoughts from last night, the Intergender tag match was great, and Pollyanna and Jinny are getting the well deserved first Women's match on a main PROGRESS show at the weekender, no DQ.

Grado is great, part 1. Fun match with Sebastian.

Mason Ryan and Eddie Dennis was fun, Dennis basically deadlifted Ryan for his finsher, which was nuts given how big Mason is (in person, he's really fucking big)

Then went over to ICW for a bit, didn't see Boots :(

First match was fun, bar the nonsensical run in mentioned earlier. Lionheart/Renfrew was disinteresting, but not terrible. Just dull. Grado is great, part 2. Really fun street fight with Sha, as usual those guys are great together. 3 way was fun too. They then took an interval, and as it was 9pm already and it'd take me a while to get home with the tube out, I decided to save myself from a worse headache and take my leave. Fun time, KOKO is a badass venue, and it sounds like I missed a good second half!

Yep, I called it "WWE Finishers, The Match" because both guys did nothing but stunners, rock bottoms, frogsplashes, superkicks, cutters, etc. It fucking sucked and was easily the worst match on the show. Grado doesn't do a lot, but everything he does is over as fuck. He's a great example of doing a LOT with very little.

Lionheart looked pissed off because no one gave two fucks about him when he came out. They played both promos on the big screen and lots of people were booing Lionheart's 7+ minute ramblings, which didn't help matters. I get the impression that everyone wanted to cheer on Renfrew, but him having "FUCK LONDON" on his back immediately stopped that.

Ha you seemed marginally more impressed when I asked you about him on Twitter but forgot to ask you about his moves, he's so generic it's painful.

He used to get proper abuse at pcw until he broke his neck then came back as face, within 2 shows he was being booed again

Top Bottom