• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

somedevil

Some of these WCW gimmick matches were just so terrible and the way they were pulled off were pathetic lol.
Just watched the Vampiro vs Sting Great American Bash match where "Sting" was set on fire.
Between the terrible obvious switch, and the terribly obvious landing areas...WCW really was a shit show in so many ways.

How he came back from that was hilarious as well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Heh, just saw Norman Smiley walking around.

e8UQNwC.gif

Heroman

Banned
Saw wargames 91 last night. That shit was hype. Werid how even it even though it was nearly 20 years ago a lot of the players are still in the business. Also who is rick rude?

DMczaf

Jake's wrasslin mind was second to none.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz2b0p8XPbM

When Rick Rude is talking to Jake's wife, I'm sitting there thinking "WTF, Why is Jake not out there? Is he just sitting in Gorilla waiting?"

And what does Jake do? He comes out in sweatpants and a towel, because of course he was in the showers while this is all going on. Dat mind.

Cena on the other hand...

It's a stupid feud, and Sandow sucks.

Sandow's a great heel personality, but he just doesn't have the in-ring chops to really be anything but a lower-card guy. He seemed like he was getting better during that feud with Sheamus, then that very solid MitB cash-in match, but he's since regressed, especially after months of doing nothing but the stunt double schtick. It's not hard to see why he was in developmental for like ten years, really - dude has large chunks of "it", but just doesn't have a few essential ones.

Cagey

Banned
Wife is away for the weekend. Other than gym and chipotle; I've spent all day today alternating between playoff basketball and hockey, WWE network and now cheesy anime on Netflix while playing hearthstone on my phone.

Living the dream friends.

Heroman

Banned
Wife is away for the weekend. Other than gym and chipotle; I've spent all day today alternating between playoff basketball and hockey, WWE network and now cheesy anime on Netflix while playing hearthstone on my phone.

What anime?

Hasney

No Way Out '98 is pretty dumb. "HHH. if HBK can't compete and you don't pick a replacement, WWF officials will assign one.

"This 8 man tag is unsanctioned by the WWF"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No Way Out '98 is pretty dumb. "HHH. if HBK can't compete and you don't pick a replacement, WWF officials will assign one.

"This 8 man tag is unsanctioned by the WWF"

How will the cool sexy badass savior of the monday night wars overcome the odds?

PROGRESS day comes again! Off to the trainee show, looking forward to see Grado again!

I'm supposed to be going to the ICW show down the road afterwards, not sure I'll make it though. It'll be a late finish with work tomorrow, but unfortunately for the last year or so I've been going to shows, by the last couple of matches my head is killing me and I end up feeling sick: that's a migrane right? I haven't figured out how to avoid getting them yet :(

Alucard

Banned

Enjoy it, friend. Enjoy it.

PROGRESS day comes again! Off to the trainee show, looking forward to see Grado again!

I'm supposed to be going to the ICW show down the road afterwards, not sure I'll make it though. It'll be a late finish with work tomorrow, but unfortunately for the last year or so I've been going to shows, by the last couple of matches my head is killing me and I end up feeling sick: that's a migrane right? I haven't figured out how to avoid getting them yet :(

Keeping yourself properly hydrated? I've had this problem at RevPro shows (thankfully they now allow you to take drinks to your seat at York Hall), so I try and finish a beer each match.

I'll be at ICW, my first time. Hoping I can find a good vantage point, all standing shows aren't great for short arses like me :p

Well I followed through and went to the NOAH show today.

I'll leave you with one photo for now. I still have to sort through them.

10647210_10153793721764972_2312685117125188139_n.jpg

Colt Cabana and Chris Hero -- whom (surprisingly) got a massive reaction from the crowd. They kind of loved these two.

Oh, I'll give you one more.

11174982_10153793734489972_3341788319170466771_n.jpg

As for the show? The undercard was hit and miss. By comparison, I thought the NJPW show was top notch from top to bottom while the NOAH show was only let down by a sometimes average lower card, but the top billing more than made up for it. The main event was top notch.

The crowd was a little more reserved to begin with, in fact, they were more so what I expected from a Japanese crowd. A little more silent and on their hands. Lots of streamers thrown. But yet when Chris Hero and Cabana were out, they changed gears and became more like a Western audience getting into every little thing about the match. Kind of amazing, really. Super Crazy, man this guy let himself go. He was gassed after doing one moonsault from the top rope, it was a little sad, to be honest.

But yeah, I liked the show, just didn't think it was as top to bottom good as the NJPW show. I will post more photos a bit later once I've sorted through them.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
It's from a web browser joshi card game called Ring Dream. DDT collaborated with the developers to make female versions of their wrestlers for the game aswell as merchandise. Not sure if I should post a link to the rest, a few like Danshoku Dino's (especially Danshoku Dino's) are pretty NSFW.
Good grief, I can see what you mean (NSFW link).

I found another photo of a different wrestler with his character shirt.

20140224_nkzw.jpg

Top Bottom