• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

klonere

Banned
Assuming you mean it'll get heat in America, I'd have to say no, 98% of Americans have no interest and don't understand anything about politics elsewhere.

It's kind of how we feel when you stick your noses in our shit. Yall don't know shit!

i dont think that anything that would get real heat in the UK/Ireland would get over at all in the US

unless some gloriously insensitive Sheamus/BNB feud got on TV full of references to the Troubles, the Famine and Thatcher

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i dont think that anything that would get real heat in the UK/Ireland would get over at all in the US

unless some gloriously insensitive Sheamus/BNB feud got on TV full of references to the Troubles, the Famine and Thatcher

We have no idea what these are. Unless "The Famine" is the potato famine, we have enough Irish here to laugh at it briefly because yeah....

Slightly off topic...

What do you want in and from a Wrestling Game? At this point there isn't much I can do about licenses, I am interested in what people look for though.

I've stayed away from the fighting element at the moment as WWE and Fire Pro have a look in on that. So I've went more RPG/Management (think Football Manager/Out of the Park).

Slightly off topic...

What do you want in and from a Wrestling Game? At this point there isn't much I can do about licenses, I am interested in what people look for though.

I've stayed away from the fighting element at the moment as WWE and Fire Pro have a look in on that. So I've went more RPG/Management (think Football Manager/Out of the Park).

The ability to mute chants

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Slightly off topic...

I want winning and losing to NOT be the focus. Fundamentally change it. No competition in-ring really. I dunno. I guess I don't want wrestling games.

I did enjoy All-Stars so either go bananas, or get real.

Okay lets try the IRA, the Famine and the comeback tour of the War of Independence vintage British Army.

We're getting closer, a lot of Americans aren't sure if the IRA is good or bad.

Fox318

Assuming you mean it'll get heat in America, I'd have to say no, 98% of Americans have no interest and don't understand anything about politics elsewhere.

It's kind of how we feel when you stick your noses in our shit. Yall don't know shit!

But we are the world police.

Didn't you see the documentary?
2Wq1X9tl.jpg

Its not like American involvement in foreign affairs has ever backfired...

Aiii

So not worth it

Yours,
Franck.

I don't understand how that alone didn't get him banned. Then again, it's not the only person doing some shitty faux signature gimmick and I have a feeling that kind of stuff annoys me more than the average person for some reason. Either way, that poster has always been a little "off"

But as I said: There's a guy in the F1 thread that seems like a decent bloke, but he ends every one of his posts with PEACE and it's distracting and weird... Every time I'm like "WHY? WHY?!" When I reply to him I end my posts with "AND WAR!" Because it only seems right.

Slightly off topic...

Extreme Warfare?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yours,
Franck.

I don't understand how that alone didn't get him banned. Then again, it's not the only person doing some shitty faux signature gimmick and I have a feeling that kind of stuff annoys me more than the average person for some reason. Either way, that poster has always been a little "off"

But as I said: There's a guy in the F1 thread that seems like a decent bloke, but he ends every one of his posts with PEACE and it's distracting and weird... Every time I'm like "WHY? WHY?!" When I reply to him I end my posts with "AND WAR!" Because it only seems right.

If he's using PEACE at the end of every post, he's a piece of shit.

Browny

Banned
But we are the world police.

Didn't you see the documentary?
2Wq1X9tl.jpg

Its not like American involvement in foreign affairs has ever backfired...

They should take a leaf out of the Swiss Playbook - remain neutral in all things
and hoard the gooooooold

image.php

Yeah similar to that but not as static feeling. It's a fun game but pretty set in its design. So Sib want the ability to mute chants, I know he meant in WWE Games however I have an idea that if you're the Booker and you're in the gorilla positioning observing the matches you should be able to make audibles to the commentators and refs for last minute changes.

So if the crowd are shitting on your #1 Face you should be able to prompt the commentators to ignore it, call him a controversial champ, or acknowledge it and it have an effect on how things go.

Slightly off topic...

A management/booking sim I can play on my tablet.

An Angle/Cena style character would probably work really well as a UKIP satire thing buts thats probably too political for wrestling
I'm Tom Irvin, and I love my country. (Though he's dropped the gimmick now)

The two extremes are funny, you've got to play to your fanbase. TNA's Bootcamp had Richard Parliament, who's designed to be a heel to the UKIP/Tory types, going on about how great the EU taking over Britain is, whereas PROGRESS goes for their mostly lefty crowd with a UKIP racist heel.

Meanwhile, you've got ICW running with a top heel group called The 55 (originally Better Together), who's name is a reference to the result of the Scottish Independence referendum, and consists of mostly English wrestlers with a couple of turncoat Scots.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People in that Blair Witch thread not giving that wonderful film the credit it deserves. Top tier horror movie, easily.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Slightly off topic...

Career mode.

You're an 18 year old fresh out of high school. You have a few different wrestling school options. Depending which one you go to changes what type of wrestler you are. After training you have to get indie bookings (negotiate pay, etc.). If you're looking at having management in there, you should incorporate the cost of getting around (i.e. buying a car to get from show to show, paying for lodgings, etc.). Different indie feds offer different options - i.e. wrestling at one indie maybe a hardcore/street fight match which makes your wrestler better at those, while another may have you cutting a promo and your mic skill goes up, etc etc.

Fox318

Career mode.

You're an 18 year old fresh out of high school. You have a few different wrestling school options. Depending which one you go to changes what type of wrestler you are. After training you have to get indie bookings (negotiate pay, etc.). If you're looking at having management in there, you should incorporate the cost of getting around (i.e. buying a car to get from show to show, paying for lodgings, etc.). Different indie feds offer different options - i.e. wrestling at one indie maybe a hardcore/street fight match which makes your wrestler better at those, while another may have you cutting a promo and your mic skill goes up, etc etc.

Then you have to try and survive a Kevin Nash burial and find food after Chris Hero steals your lunch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Blair Witch is definitely one of the best found-footage movies. I'd subjectively say Troll Hunter was better though.

But how can someone take a movie called Troll Hunter seriously? I think the big appeal of found footage is that it is realistic. I looked at the box art and was like yeeeeah, no, not this time...

Is the box cover not representative of the movie itself at all?
jyIJtu3.jpg

joelseph

Slightly off topic...

Something that doesn't focus on winning every match AND doesn't feel like a string of quick time button events. A turn towards backstage management would be nice but I wouldn't want it to feel like a text simulator either. An RPG with heavy story sounds good to me. Make the "combat" more "puzzle-like". Who wants to design this for me?

Fox318

Is that Jarrett Global Force Wrestling still a thing? Haven't heard about it in ages

He has taping set up in Vegas soon but he is lacking talent.

I think he is hoping to get some TNA-ROH-NJPW talent but I have no idea how he is going to get around them having tv contracts in place.

Something that doesn't focus on winning every match AND doesn't feel like a string of quick time button events. A turn towards backstage management would be nice but I wouldn't want it to feel like a text simulator either. An RPG with heavy story sounds good to me. Make the "combat" more "puzzle-like". Who wants to design this for me?

I'm working on it.

I have your matches judged on entertainment, fighting spirit and a small boost if you won or not. The emphasis is mainly on how entertaining your match was based on the crowd at the show (I asked about demographics a few weeks ago and how they'd look for different things in a show).

GFW announced an announcement yesterday. Today, they'll unveil their first tour - the Grand Slam tour, so they're basically going to be hitting a ton of ball parks.

Sephzilla

Open Mic Monday
I watched the Batman/Superman Worlds Finest animated movie yesterday and any excitement I had for the Batman vs Superman movie was sucked right out of me. The animated movie from the 90s was great, Batman and Superman were perfect, and the movie was both serious and FnP. Batman vs Superman looks like its trying too hard to be serious.

Is that Jarrett Global Force Wrestling still a thing? Haven't heard about it in ages

He has 3 sets of tapings set up in Vegas at the moment. Rumors state that he also has 3 TV networks that he has had a lot of contact with but they're not entirely sold on getting in to the prowrestling business. The tapings with no deal in place are seen as him showing them what he can produce at what cost.

Talent is supposedly going to come from New Japan, AAA, and the Indies. One rumor that's been floating around is that he signed someone noteworthy to a contract. The other thing about talent that's out there is that he's willing to pay more for appearance than ROH.

Past that I doubt were really going to hear much for awhile.

Edit: Well nevermind. I missed that they're going to tour.

Top Bottom