• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Kane and Big Show made terrible career choices.

Look at Taker, been around for just as long, but only does a single appearance a year, gets huge nostalgia pops even though he wrestles just as mediocrely as they do and gets paid more than they do (I would imagine) for sitting at home.

Hell, this year he didn't even have to do a single episode of Raw, either, he had to show up at Mania, wrestle for 15 minutes, didn't even have to do the job and left. And he probably gets a couple of million guaranteed, along with a PPV bonus because it's Mania and he's a Main Event match every year.

Kane could have had that.

I expect your dissertation expounding on these points, in no less than 30 pages, on my desk by this evening, Mister.

Feels weird to watch Raw in 2015 where Kane and Orton are the most engaging and entertaining characters on the show.
I'm actually anticipating the thrilling conclusion to the long term booking of the Rollins/Kane saga and nothing else.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Final interview today. My face is completely clean shaven for the first time since high school.

I feel like a babby.

Also that Curb Stomp thread highlights why wrestlers keep doing stupid moves that don't look like they hurt just so they can have something 'unique' because people are bitching about one of the better looking finishers in WWE being 'too simple'

Heroman

Banned
Feels weird to watch Raw in 2015 where Kane and Orton are the most engaging and entertaining characters on the show.
I'm actually anticipating the thrilling conclusion to the long term booking of the Rollins/Kane saga and nothing else.
That the power of Seth. He is just that good.

Hasney

We now live in a world where the fameasser couldn't exist.

Hey, wait a minute.... Can Cena still do his top rope fameasser thingy?

Someone with skill Photoshop a banana peel,under,Seth's foot.

tumblr_nn5064VpMi1srbyoyo1_500.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jun Kasai is a Japanese man who performs a top rope splash called the Pearl Harbor Splash in which all the fans chant the move.
hihihi.gif

Sephzilla

They should get the Figure Four off of The Miz and give it to Rollins. It's a finisher that Rollins can cheat with so easily. He could lock someone in the figure four and then when the ref isn't looking J&J could grab his arms and give him more leverage/pain. Classic Flair level shit.

Colocho

Banned
Sure, ban the move that gave you the two biggest spots at your last Wrestlemania (Orton's super RKO, and the cash-in), makes perfect sense WWE.

Sure, ban the move that gave you the two biggest spots at your last Wrestlemania (Orton's super RKO, and the cash-in), makes perfect sense WWE.

I think it's cool that WWE wants to make its product somehow even less fun than it already is, and they should be rewarded with more of our money for doing so

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't watched any WWE since the Raw after Mania. That shitlord crowd turned me off of WWE programming really hard.

What have I actually missed? Maybe I should try watching Egg-Stream Rules.

Fox318

LDTIGHr.jpg

When was the last time anything made sense in the WWE?

Luchas instead of Luchadors
38 year old man in jorts
Old fat big show who will go down as the biggest disappointment of all time considering his potential.
2 minute Charlotte roll up win before NXT show.
Ryder burial for getting over on his own
Not letting stars like CM Punk get healthy
Pay Brock Lesnar ungodly amounts of money to job to Cena and HHH.
The Bellas
Stephnie booked like the strongest character

Honestly at this point the oddity of what the WWE attempts to do is more interesting than the product. No other business would say fuck you to the fans or its bottom line like the WWE.

Aiii

So not worth it
I haven't watched any WWE since the Raw after Mania. That shitlord crowd turned me off of WWE programming really hard.

I haven't watched much of Raw either since then, though because of the show rather than the crowd.

I listened to recaps though, honestly, without being bitter or anything: you haven't missed anything. There's nothing going on that should be of much interest to anyone.

Been watching the 1998 Raw's they put up and every other segment there's a Rock, Austin, Undertaker, Mankind/Dude Love/Cactus Jack, Triple H/HBK segment or match on those shows. It's a one and a half hour show and there's so many things to give a shit about. It really exposes the current product and how almost nobody or things that happen matter.

Anyways, just an observation.

It fits with WWE's ass backwards decision making process. Rollins has been high profile for them for all of 2014. It took them that long to either conclude, especially after Rollins curb stomped Big E on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, that it was a bad look because it could be perceived as putting wrestlers' head safety in jeopardy? So de facto ban it by telling Rollins to stop doing it after it was one of the brightest shining moments from WrestleMania XXXI?

Based on listening to recaps (because I'm not watching this garbage), absolutely nothing. Nobody squanders momentum like WWE except for maybe TNA, but it's a difference of magnitude.

Fox318

Cesaro face push is coming.

Our hero will save us from the darkness that is the WWE and Cena.

Luke Harper and Dean Amrbose went to a no contest in 2:12. - A pointless non match.

The New Day defeated Lucha Dragons via countout in 9:29. - The New Day should never be in a double segment Raw match. Also, they have go away heat

Fandango defeated Curtis Axel in 1:15. This was seriously a match...

Naomi defeated Brie Bella in 9:09 - Poor. Apparently the Bella's are faces again just because Naomi is a heel. Also, Naomi's kicks look awful

Sheamus defeated Zach Ryder by DQ in 3:30. I thought this was solid heel stuff by Sheamus, but the crowd gave zero fucks. If anyone wants to see what an actual wrestling burial is, Ryder got it here

John Cena defeated Kane in 6:21 to retain the U.S. Championship. Cena vs. Kane in 2015, fuck...

The Miz defeated Damien Mizdow in 2:45 to officially earn the Miz brand name. A nothing match to a nothing feud because the WWE is fucking clueless. What a waste.

Ryback defeated Adam Rose in 1:29. Whatever

Seth Rollins defeated Dolph Ziggler. Crowd was kinda lukewarm for this and Rollins new finisher sucks.

Mix in way too many Kane backstage segments, and some pretty decent Orton RKO spots and you have a poor Raw.

On paper, this looks not good, but it was honestly a pretty entertaining Raw. That New Day/Lucha Dragons match was very entertaining, particularly the ending, and I must say, I'm getting really into the heel version of New Day. Having the group use the "New Day Sucks" chants in an Angle-like way was a brilliant choice, and when they finally snap and have Big E beat the shit out of some people, it'll be very entertaining.

In addition, I must say that Real-Ass Kane in 2015 was quite entertaining last night. He randomly had a lot of fire, and that Cena match, while totally standard, had the crowd REALLY hot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"The arrival of WWE 2K15 on Windows PC is only weeks away."

Yes sir. No sir.

Top Bottom