• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Where you at, Euro WrassleGAF? I'm trying to procrastinate here, but you guys aren't making it very easy. Anywho, here's the DDT campsite match with Ibushi & El Generico fighting in kayaks;

Nasu Nature School: Campsite-Pro Wrestling - (DDT 2012/05/06)

y73kmga.gif

Where you at, Euro WrassleGAF? I'm trying to procrastinate here, but you guys aren't making it very easy. Anywho, here's the DDT campsite match with Ibushi & El Generico fighting in kayaks;

Nasu Nature School: Campsite-Pro Wrestling - (DDT 2012/05/06)

y73kmga.gif
That's going on the Watch Later list. I need to do a binge soon, my YouTube list is out of control: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy0ha8HW175M562v6E1xFXaPID7a9ETfB

EuroGAF is dealing with the Tuesday blues I guess. I know I am.

Aiii

So not worth it
Getting some work done while watching some episodes of The Clone Wars, rivetting stuff.

Would watch Raw, but really can't be arsed.

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't talk to about writing Xater, I still have a half-finished book from last November that is the shame of my existence because I haven't been spending my free time finishing it.

Xater

Don't talk to about writing Xater, I still have a half-finished book from last November that is the shame of my existence because I haven't been spending my free time finishing it.

For me it's university work I finally need to get finished so I get my Masters. I have been pushing that aside for too long doing other things.

NaNo, yeah? I'm not going to be happy until I manage the 50k, but this year will be my 5th attempt after failing miserably the past four years. Last year was a complete waste of time, did a lot of planning that didn't actually help write the thing, but the year before I got near 30k. Went back and read it recently and found it wasn't all that bad, I may try and complete it someday.

Hasn't been a good year for me in terms of creative output, too much wrestling reviews to do and not enough story writing. Got to sit through a fucking 3-disc Ultimate Warrior set next, when I'd much rather be writing short stories *sigh*.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah for NaNo, I actually wrote a lot, I was at 50k in under two weeks, but then I hit a road block and needed to rewrite part of the second act and well, that was that.

I am considering taking what I wrote, replanning the second and third act entirely and using that as an outline for another version in November.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah for NaNo, I actually wrote a lot, I was at 50k in under two weeks, but then I hit a road block and needed to rewrite part of the second act and well, that was that.

I am considering taking what I wrote, replanning the second and third act entirely and using that as an outline for another version in November.

Your story better have some pro wrestling mentions, brother.

Xater

It's sci-fi, so I'm considering incorporating The Rock's character from ST Voyager.

2012-08-08_RockKim.jpg

Man Voyager really was shit. I think it's worse than fucking Enterprise and that one wasn't good either, but at least it had some fun story arcs.

Man Voyager really was shit. I think it's worse than fucking Enterprise and that one wasn't good either, but at least it had some fun story arcs.

Harry Kim, the only person in the Universe to never make it past Ensign. Tom Paris was court martialed, promoted, demoted and promoted again. Nelix was Captain of the Kitchen. 7 of 9 was probably Admiral, and she was a Borg. Poor Harry Kim.

I've found that knowing your wrestling is an easy way to win over kids, as nearly all of them watch it now. I never really understood the John Cena appeal until working with kids too, they all love him... and Orton for some strange reason.

Hey man, don't be racist against Indie Wrestlers. #NotAllIndieWrestlers

Alucard

Banned
Btw, what was HHH's "big announcement" about Tough Enough last night? I used the 30-second skip button on my remote for most of it. Just sounded like aimless pandering before the Kane stuff started.

I've found that knowing your wrestling is an easy way to win over kids, as nearly all of them watch it now. I never really understood the John Cena appeal until working with kids too, they all love him... and Orton for some strange reason.
Yeah, my other half said the wrestling knowledge she got by osmosis from me has come in handy a few times which teaching/LSAing. She told me she shut up a kid who was shouting "FEED ME MORE" over and over in the classroom, merely by knowing who he was acting like.

Also, the number of Brit Indy wrestlers in teaching is staggering. JIMMY HAVOC IS TEACHING OUR CHILDREN

Aiii

So not worth it
Btw, what was HHH's "big announcement" about Tough Enough last night? I used the 30-second skip button on my remote for most of it. Just sounded like aimless pandering before the Kane stuff started.

WWE Universe decides winner, you can apply for the show, show starts late June.

Hex

Banned
Kane getting a babyface run in 2015.

What is it with this guy

The odds of him not helping Seth win at Extreme Rules are microscopic.
Though IF we have to have Kane running around, hell give us Kane wrecking shit as a face and not this corporate bullshit anymore.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kane and Big Show made terrible career choices.

Look at Taker, been around for just as long, but only does a single appearance a year, gets huge nostalgia pops even though he wrestles just as mediocrely as they do and gets paid more than they do (I would imagine) for sitting at home.

Hell, this year he didn't even have to do a single episode of Raw, either, he had to show up at Mania, wrestle for 15 minutes, didn't even have to do the job and left. And he probably gets a couple of million guaranteed, along with a PPV bonus because it's Mania and he's a Main Event match every year.

Kane could have had that.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Curb Stomp ban really bothers me brehs. I don't know why I care so much. :/

Dolph, Harper, and the Uso's don't spam it enough?

It's as bad as the use of the suicide dive.

No kidding but Seth is the top guy so if he wanted to use a Superkick finish, everyone else would have to cut that shit out.

JavyOO7

This Friday Mick Foley is going to be at Full Sail and apparently the network is going to have that. Sounds neat.

And looks like NXT house show tickets go from 10 bucks for GA and 20 bucks for 'gold circle' seats.

MC Safety

Kane and Big Show made terrible career choices.

Look at Taker, been around for just as long, but only does a single appearance a year, gets huge nostalgia pops even though he wrestles just as mediocrely as they do and gets paid more than they do (I would imagine) for sitting at home.

Hell, this year he didn't even have to do a single episode of Raw, either, he had to show up at Mania, wrestle for 15 minutes, didn't even have to do the job and left. And he probably gets a couple of million guaranteed, along with a PPV bonus because it's Mania and he's a Main Event match every year.

Kane could have had that.

Neither Kane nor Big Show would ever get a sweetheart deal like the Undertaker.

Hex

Banned
Lucha Underground should hit netflix the moment the season ends. I doubt it though...

I am hoping so, I went back and watched all of what I missed but would like to in higher quality.
Plus it would be some attention and hopefully revenue for them.

Top Bottom