• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Marvel

could never
noooooooooooooooooooooooo

BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MODE.

Don't think this has been posted yet, but it is the greatest thing you'll hear all week:
Finn Balor & Will Smith Mashup - "Fresh Prince Of Balor"

Legit made me
Q8fl908.gif

How does this free Network shit work, I signed up and it said April is free and my first payment would be May 1st yet they charged me straight away it looks like. :|

Bandini

How does this free Network shit work, I signed up and it said April is free and my first payment would be May 1st yet they charged me straight away it looks like. :|

That's unfortunate friend, maybe you could cool off by trying to win a stuffed animal for your loved one or visiting the dunk tank? We also have plenty of refreshing beverages, only $9 each!

Cagey

Banned
WWE has been a dreadful bore starting the moment after Brock Lesnar murdered the cameraman.

Brock doesn't need WWE, but the WWE needs Brock.

Zach

Glad to see the PPV grades again. Much appreciated. I'm only by COTC3 and Rotunda vs Brad Armstrong just finished... it felt like an extended jobber match but it was still a pretty decent match up. And so far, watching the NWA/WCW stuff in chronological order, I appreciate so much how fired up the crowd is.

A fired up crowd goes a long way. And I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Rotunda match. Haha...

Aiii

So not worth it
Eva Marie is really putting in the work, huh? I respect that, if she returns to TV a decent wrestler I'm gonna be a fan for life.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dear Brit-GAF:

I would like two Fave Fives from you. One is all-time British Wrasslers. The other is new British Wrasslers - unsigned by big promotions (WWE basically)

Batista said he'd return...for random ass house shows, rather than be suckered into TV with bad booking like everybody else again

The god king asskicking Marvel and Bond starring hero <3

Browny

Banned
Dear Brit-GAF:

I would like two Fave Fives from you. One is all-time British Wrasslers. The other is new British Wrasslers - unsigned by big promotions (WWE basically)

Challenge accepted.

All time:
  • William Regal
  • Norman Smiley
  • Big Daddy
  • Paul Burchill
  • Chris Adams

New:
  • Zack Sabre Jnr (a million times this)
  • GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADO
  • Marty Scurll
  • Jimmy Havoc
  • Doug Williams

(Been catching up on a lot of Progress and Rev Pro random matches when the opportunity arises - sadly work is stupidly manic at the mo.)

Edit: ACH vs Nak? Yup yup yup.

Dear Brit-GAF:

Honestly, I don't know enough about the history of BritWres pre 2000 to give an All Time list. Instead, here's my notable list between then and now, in order of my favourites, excluding the current crop of talent.

1. Regal
2. Doug Williams
3. Drew Galloway/McIntyre
4. Finlay
5. Burchill
6. Sheamus
7. Katie Lea
8. Spud

Late 90's -> 2000's was not kind to British wrestling.

New (assuming Drew doesn't count)
1. Zack Sabre
2. Dave Mastiff
3. Noam Dar
4. Jimmy Havoc
5. Marty Scurll

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Grado's great.

Dear Brit-GAF:

All-time;

5. Dave Finlay
4. Sid Cooper
3. Mick McManus
2. William Regal
1. Johnny Saint

Current;

5. Will Ospreay
4. Mark Haskins
3. Marty Scurll
2. Jimmy Havoc
1. Dave Mastiff

This was pretty difficult, I had to leave out both Davey Boy, Dynamite, Jim Breaks, Mark Rocco, Steve Grey, etc, while the current scene is so inundated with quality talent it's difficult to rank. Rampage should probably be on there. I left out ZSJ because he's mostly in Japan these days. Same goes for Mandrews, who's with TNA.

*edit, fuck, I forgot Noam. He's properly good. Zack Gibson, as well. MK McKinnan. Shit, there's too many.

Sephzilla

Batista said he'd return...for random ass house shows, rather than be suckered into TV with bad booking like everybody else again

The god king asskicking Marvel and Bond starring hero <3

Batista should come back for an NXT run. Have him be pissed off at all of the people who chant "better than Batista" after a power bomb

Rampage should probably be on there. I left out ZSJ because he's mostly in Japan these days. Same goes for Mandrews, who's with TNA.

*edit, fuck, I forgot Noam. He's properly good. Zack Gibson, as well. MK McKinnan. Shit, there's too many.
Fuck, yeah, Rampage should be on my list, Mandrews too.

I only saw MK once at a Rev Pro show, had a not great match with Marty and don't think he's been back since, anything good of his on YT?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I kind of expected Big Daddy to be in all of your Fave Fives, not just one.

Thank goodness Boots listed Saint and Mick McManus.

How are the likes of Jody Fleisch and Jonny Storm remembered?

Is El Ligero too new to make a current fave five?

I'm a little surprised the ex-Pac now Adrian Neville made no list while Doug Williams made only one. They seemed like the shining stars of British exported indy wrestling for the 2000s.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Finlay and Williams are the best British wrestlers
B-b-but superkick? I remember him being on early 90's WCW...

I just remember people constantly hyping him up as this super underrated guy, and I saw him several times in WCCW and... nah man. Didn't look like a star, didn't act like a star, was a solid worker but nothing special. There were several better guys as faces and as heels in WCCW.

He was basically British Tito Santana, but some wrestling circles blew their loads about him. Finisher's not that cool, old wrestling mags.

Top Bottom