• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kotaro Suzuki will be guaranteed in the AAA World Cup. He's their most world traveled junior, he can work well with luchadors and the like, and he'll get over real quick with the AAA crowd.

His partners could be anyone from Akebono to Zeus to SUSHI to KENSO to Ishii.

FMW is back for now

tumblr_inline_nn5xwyIMVx1qhf2de_500.jpg

“FMW Revival Commemorative Series Vol. 1“, 4/21/2015 [Tue] @ Hirosaki City Kasai Taiiku Center in Aomori 1,200 Spectators (overcrowded) - Results

JavyOO7

Roman 'Balee dat' Reigns would be even more over if he would just wreck people in seconds. Should be just a straight up match with Big Show where he just picks him up, yells RAWR or whatever he does and gives him a few superman punches and a spear to end it. Just let him run roughshod the sea of midcarders... its not that hard?

The show opened with a Seth Rollins promo. He said he won’t need J&J on Sunday, nor will he need the gatekeeper Kane to help him. Kane interrupted and told Seth that he isn’t just a corporate executive, he’s either the biggest asset or the biggest threat to Seth’s title reign. Seth was confident that Kane would be fired if he cost Seth the title in Sunday. Seth said Triple H only put Kane in that role so he wouldn’t feel left out. Seth said Kane isn’t a monster, he’s a suit. Seth mocked Kane for losing to Cena on Raw and said that Kane should stick to doing what he’s told to do. Kane suggested that since he laid down for Seth, it’s time for Seth to return the favor. Kane said that he has Seth’s fate in his hands, and then ordered a referee out for a non-title match.

1. Seth Rollins vs. Kane in a non-title match ended in a no-contest. The bell rang and the match was apparently underway. However, Seth refused and Kane didn’t attack him, he simply said that if Seth respects the Authority he’ll do what he’s told. Seth didn’t want to do it, but Kane ordered him to lay down or he’d rip his guts out. Seth laid down, and Kane told him that he was just messing with him. He then made Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose official for right now.

Dean Ambrose made his entrance, but halfway down the ramp Luke Harper’s music hit. Harper and Ambrose brawled around until the numbers game got the better of Ambrose. Roman Reigns made the save and helped clear the ring. Ambrose and Reigns bumped fists to close the segment. The Tron revealed Reigns and Ambrose vs. Rollins and Harper would take place later. Ryback vs. Rusev was hyped for later as well.

2. Neville and Dolph Ziggler beat Bad News Barrett and Sheamus. Before the match, Sheamus cut a promo about how small Neville and Ziggler are. He said size matters, underdogs never win, and Ziggler will need a ladder to kiss his arse on Sunday. The finish came when Dolph hit the Zig Zag on BNB and Neville followed up with the Red Arrow.

3. Naomi pinned Natalya. Naomi won with the Rearview.

4. Ryback beat Rusev (w/Lana) by DQ. Pre-match, Lana cut a promo on the cultural significance of Russian chains. Rusev said he’s going to use the chain to drag John Cena around and expose his failure to everyone. Rusev hit Ryback with the chain and the ref called for the bell. Post-match, Rusev used the chain to apply The Accolade on Ryback. The Russian flag dropped and Rusev stood tall to close the segment.

5. Kofi Kingston (w/Big E, Xavier Woods) defeated Cesaro (w/Tyson Kidd). Kofi pinned Cesaro off a distraction and the Trouble in Paradise.

6. Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose defeated Seth Rollins and Luke Harper. Reigns speared Rollins and pinned him to win the match. belee

dat

Truth was on Superstars? He's not mentioned in the SD spoilers.

It was probably a dark match. I don't even remember who he wrestled but I'm pretty sure he went over.

They taped Main Event first, didn't see anything about Superstars.

Also, I missed the first match because I was getting food but apparently it was Zack Ryder vs Brad Maddox. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was probably a dark match. I don't even remember who he wrestled but I'm pretty sure he went over.

They taped Main Event first, didn't see anything about Superstars.

Also, I missed the first match because I was getting food but apparently it was Zack Ryder vs Brad Maddox. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I always get Main Event and Superstars confused, what night they tape and everything.

I hope R-Truth gets some kind of storyline soon. He elevated that IC title without even being the champ before WM.

Also, congrats Data and HP on the new jobs.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
6. Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose defeated Seth Rollins and Luke Harper. Reigns speared Rollins and pinned him to win the match. belee

dat

This is what, 4 or 5 clean wins Reigns has over Seth and they haven't even had a proper feud yet? Good lord am I dreading that shit.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
As if wins on Smackdown even count.

It's not just the wins and losses that bother me but why are these two always wrestling each other when a title feud between them is just around the corner? You're going to try to sell network subs with that match in the very near future but you give it away all the time on Raw and Smackdown and then have a clean outcome each time.

Heel

I prefer a skittering heel champion that cheats to win and narrowly escapes, not be an obvious loser propped up by his faction, technicalities and stipulations.

It's clearly by design, but Seth-kun is coming across as completely meritless as a competitor with braggadocio that rings hollow to anyone paying attention. It feels dumb, just knowing it leaves him with nothing to build on when he drops the title. He'll just be a loser.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2: The Lumberjacks - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3: Triple Header - C+
In Your House 4: Great White North - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5: Seasons Beatings - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

Royal Rumble '96 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXXII - C
SuperBrawl VI - D+
In Your House 6: Rage in the Cage - C-
Uncensored '96 - D
WrestleMania XII - B-
In Your House 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies - C-
Slamboree '96 - C
In Your House 8: Beware of Dog - B-
The Great American Bash '96 - B
King of the Ring '96 - B-
Bash at the Beach '96 - B
In Your House 9: International Incident - C-
Hog Wild - C
Clash of the Champions XXXIII - C+
SummerSlam '96 - D+
Fall Brawl '96 - B
In Your House 10: Mind Games - C
In Your House 11: Buried Alive - C+
Halloween Havoc '96 - C+
Survivor Series '96 - B-
World War 3 '96 - B-
In Your House 12: It's Time - C
Starrcade '96 - B-

Royal Rumble '97 - D+

Austin basically earned this D+ single-handedly. I did not enjoy most of this event.

Now can someone tell me -- why in baby Jesus' name do some people loudly whistle incessantly? I hate these people and want them all to die. If you are one of these people: stop it! How do you not say to yourself "wow, my constant whistling is probably annoying everyone around me right now." God. I hate it.

. . .

And shouldn't there be someone listening for this crap in the truck or whatever?! I mean Christ! There has to be some way to figure out which mic is picking up the ear-piercing whistling and correct it, whether it be by muting it or sending some hard-bodied Pat Patterson into the crowd to rough up the perp.

So anyway, I really thought the Rumble of '97 would be better but it kiiiiinda sucked.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I prefer a skittering heel champion that cheats to win and narrowly escapes, not be an obvious loser propped up by his faction, technicalities and stipulations.

It's clearly by design, but Seth-kun is coming across as completely meritless as a competitor with braggadocio that rings hollow to anyone paying attention. It feels dumb, just knowing it leaves him with nothing to build on when he drops the title. He'll just be a loser.

Friend, I think he had better booking as Mr. Money in the Bank than he's had as WWE Champion so far. That's pretty incredible considering how poorly MITB holders are usually booked.

I like when they acknowledge that Dean and Roman are kayfabe best friends. It's so satisfying after they teased the two being pissed at each other being the reason The Shield would break up, only to have that great match where Seth abandoned them and made them get their shit together. Wrestling needs more real-feeling friendships.

XenoRaven

I feel like WWE does this a bit too often with heel champs. The only one seemingly immune to this is Brock.

At some point, even a heel champ has to prove his worth. It's OK for your heel champ to be good and win a few clean. Just make sure he gloats about how great he is and I'm certain he'll get booed, but at least retain some credibility.

Heel

Friend, I think he had better booking as Mr. Money in the Bank than he's had as WWE Champion so far. That's pretty incredible considering how poorly MITB holders are usually booked.

I'm just saying, how about giving him a leg to stand on? Seth-kun is just a puppet leader and paper champion, out there every night peddling lies. Again, clearly by design, but the heat could be so much hotter.

Imagine how good his promos would be if what he said rang true, like a Ric Flair or Floyd Mayweather? What they say actually has weight behind it. Why? Because love them or hate them, everything they're saying is carrying a certain truth behind it.

Let Seth-kun collect some bodies. Give the man some real ammo. Don't trade wins with RKO, make him a notch in the belt and build some mystique.

Basically what I'm saying is, I miss Ric Flair.

I agree with this SO hard.

However... the Shield guys are the only guys who they seem to have any long-term ambition for, so there could be something to the idea that, when Rollins is eventually cut loose from The Authority, him starting from square one and being kind of a loser could lead to an awesome redemption story where he has to work his way back to the top of the mountain.

They won't book it like that, but it would be good.

NoRéN

However... the Shield guys are the only guys who they seem to have any long-term ambition for, so there could be something to the idea that, when Rollins is eventually cut loose from The Authority, him starting from square one and being kind of a loser could lead to an awesome redemption story where he has to work his way back to the top of the mountain.

Anytime you have a booking idea and it makes sense, it's a sure thing it won't happen.

Heel

This sounds too much like Daniel Bryan for comfort, friend. The last thing a character like Seth-kun needs is to be humbled. I need him to win, to brag, and to cackle.

JavyOO7

Austin basically earned this D+ single-handedly. I did not enjoy most of this event.

Now can someone tell me -- why in baby Jesus' name do some people loudly whistle incessantly? I hate these people and want them all to die. If you are one of these people: stop it! How do you not say to yourself "wow, my constant whistling is probably annoying everyone around me right now." God. I hate it.

. . .

And shouldn't there be someone listening for this crap in the truck or whatever?! I mean Christ! There has to be some way to figure out which mic is picking up the ear-piercing whistling and correct it, whether it be by muting it or sending some hard-bodied Pat Patterson into the crowd to rough up the perp.

So anyway, I really thought the Rumble of '97 would be better but it kiiiiinda sucked.

Glad to see the PPV grades again. Much appreciated. I'm only by COTC3 and Rotunda vs Brad Armstrong just finished... it felt like an extended jobber match but it was still a pretty decent match up. And so far, watching the NWA/WCW stuff in chronological order, I appreciate so much how fired up the crowd is.

FyreWulff

I miss when faces were actually allowed to outsmart a heel, or a heel counters the prevent and wins.

But they've also nerfed the shit out of booking options when PPVs force gimmick matches to occur, even if doesn't make sense for the feud. Stuff like cage matches should be saved when one wrestler feels there's going to be interference or something, not because it's the Cage PPV.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm just saying, how about giving him a leg to stand on? Seth-kun is just a puppet leader and paper champion, out there every night peddling lies. Again, clearly by design, but the heat could be so much hotter.

Imagine how good his promos would be if what he said rang true, like a Ric Flair or Floyd Mayweather? What they say actually has weight behind it. Why? Because love them or hate them, everything they're saying is carrying a certain truth behind it.

Let Seth-kun collect some bodies. Give the man some real ammo. Don't trade wins with RKO, make him a notch in the belt and build some mystique.

Basically what I'm saying is, I miss Ric Flair.

Well friend, this is just another example of WWE's current booking style where almost no one ever gets over. The heel will often win but never do so cleanly and the babyface will eat the losses but maintain credibility by being cheated all the time. Look at Ambrose falling victim to a television monitor for another clear example of this. Wyatt beat Dean all the time but it did nothing for him because Ambrose was booked like such a goof.

Seth should have gone over Ziggler clean Monday but booking still felt the need to "protect" a guy who is clearly going to float through the company collecting IC title reigns until he inevitably gets deavored or quits due to frustration.

Heel

Well friend, this is just another example of WWE's current booking style where almost no one ever gets over. The heel will often win but never do so cleanly and the babyface will eat the losses but maintain credibility by being cheated all the time. Look at Ambrose falling victim to a television monitor for another clear example of this. Wyatt beat Dean all the time but it did nothing for him because Ambrose was booked like such a goof.

Seth should have gone over Ziggler clean Monday but booking still felt the need to "protect" a guy who is clearly going to float through the company collecting IC title reigns until he inevitably gets deavored or quits due to frustration.

He didn't even go clean over Ziggy? lol I had tuned out by then.

"The RKO is banned tho" just screams out protection and another program with no real progression. I dunno if it's awful booking or backstage politrickin' from talent, but it's plain awful.

JavyOO7

I like how in COTC3, Nikita Koloff gets wrecked the entire match, tags in Dr. Death, Dr. Death cleans house for a bit until overwhelmed by the Sheepherders. Then Death tags in Nikita even though Nikita just got wrecked for close to 10 minutes, and then runs straight after the legal Sheepherder and hits him with his finisher for the pin. Lol, funny finish.

Seth booking is like Edge.

He will discover new ways of winning the belt once he lost all that he has now

(Edge used money in the bank twice, used vicky guerrero as girlfriend, used batista against taker, losing the belt in a elimination chamber and winning the next one, cloning himself, trolling kane, trolling CM punk...)

Top Bottom