• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
botch%20y2j.gif

This same segment also featured him swinging a bottle at Punk's head, but it broke as he wound up to swing it. Those gimmicked bottles...I wished that feud had come off better.

Sephzilla

I mean, this isn't new. There was a breakdown a couple years ago about how heelish Hogan was in his feud with the Iron Sheik. I want to find it, because it really is a good read and a reminder than we need to stop applying logic to what faces and heels do.

I find the really excellent feuds are ones that give the babyface a hell of a lot of shit, then empower him briefly. One chairshot from a good ol' boy and it feels so satisfying to their fans to finally stick it to the villains the same way they stuck it to the babyface, but you have to temper it and take your time.

https://doublecakes.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/hulk-hogan-has-always-been-a-heel/

This isn't the article I was thinking of, but it's a decent indictment of Hogan's face tactics and not a bad read. Ignore the Belzer shit though, that dude deserved to get choked out.

See, what I liked about some of the dirty shit Hogan did as a face was that it actually gave the real heels some fodder to use against him. Heenan's entire WWF run was seemingly based around smearing Hogan and using legit stuff Hogan did against him. It worked because it gave heels justifiable reasons to be assholes to Hogan. We don't really get that kind of shit against Cena.

#MachoWasRight

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Big Bossman definitely was underrated in my world, and I didn't appreciate him propertly until I was much older. It's kind of amazing how his visual look evolved along with the militarization of American police.

Marvel

could never
Speaking of Bossman, the fact that Wade and Luke use the Bossman slam and it never gets called out as the Bossman slam annoys me.

Wouldn't hurt...

Speaking of Bossman, the fact that Wade and Luke use the Bossman slam and it never gets called out as the Bossman slam annoys me.

Wouldn't hurt...

Is wade's even still called the winds of change?

Does anyone even still remember the nxt promo that move is named after?

Hi,

I thought RAW was real bad this week. So boring, I can't believe that was the go home show for the next PPV.

Do you think John Cena really doesn't care that he gets booed every night? He has his money, but what about pride? Does he think its a sign of respect?

Tessa's pretty good. She already uses the slingshot suplex anyway, might as well go full-on Tully. I would not be at all surprised to see her in NXT within a year or two. Also, for someone trained by Mad Man fucking Pondon, Mary Dobson's a hell of a lot better than you'd expect.

Do you think John Cena really doesn't care that he gets booed every night? He has his money, but what about pride? Does he think its a sign of respect?

"You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can never please the secret smark cabal that goes to every TV taping to fuck up the show."

Heroman

Banned
Hi,

I thought RAW was real bad this week. So boring, I can't believe that was the go home show for the next PPV.

No, he is loved by his fans so I doubt he cares.

Ithil

Smark fans throw a fit about their guy not getting pushed and instead of just doing the mature thing and accepting it and watching something else, they go out of their way to shit on someone else. News at 11.

Fans are now not allowed to react negatively in any way.

Jericho smashing HBK's face into a TV and punching his wife was the last despicable/heinous thing right?

So good.
Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter wanting to deport all undocumented immigrants from the USA. What made it work is that the majority of the WWE Universe and this thread agreed with him.

Hex

Banned
Renee Young is in 2K16 apparently. I don't know how but yeah it seems like it according to her Instantagramgram account. Wonder how she'll be utilized considering her role as a backstage interviewer. Create a Storyline stuff? I'm giving the devs too much credit.

Can I do a Renee Young Dean Ambrose tag team?

Xater

Well of course i can#t help myself so I had to look at some other videos. Apparently he had something going with Dolph Ziggler on that Download show WWE did?

He also did two more Tough Enough Videos.

Another application: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiysF-bIv5M

And a music video which has John Morrison in it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyL8F0W1XjQ

You know what? Sure put someone like this on the show. Depending on who will be the host it could be funny seeing this dude getting destroyed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tessa's pretty good. She already uses the slingshot suplex anyway, might as well go full-on Tully. I would not be at all surprised to see her in NXT within a year or two. Also, for someone trained by Mad Man fucking Pondon, Mary Dobson's a hell of a lot better than you'd expect.

Mad Man trains people?!

Like training? Wow.

This is in Stro's neighborhood. I hope he makes the journey to see the seed of Tully at work. Jessicka Havok is also there.

5 > 4 > 6 > and who gives a shit after that, they're all terrible. Now, Star Trek movies...those are a bit harder to rank;

2 > 6 > 8 > 7 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 10 > 11 > 12 > 9

They really made a lot of terrible Star Trek movies.

Mad Man trains people?!

Like training? Wow.

This is in Stro's neighborhood. I hope he makes the journey to see the seed of Tully at work. Jessicka Havok is also there.

I think she was dating Pondo as well, so try and scrub that mental image from your mind.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding prequels for SW, 2 > 3 > 1 imho.

Not that it really matters. I used to get Christopher Lee mixed up with Terence Stamp. I daresay Terence Stamp is a lot cooler of a dude, and I fucking loved The Limey. Great movie.

I think she was dating Pondo as well, so try and scrub that mental image from your mind.

imUHbCR.gif

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Then you should ask yourself this, does everything have to be black or white in wrestling? How about two people regardless of alignment become the best of what they can become by winning matches and getting over even if you're a heel or not. Is it cause it's not the "proper" way to book things?

And to hop on this Dave discussion; wasn't it Dave himself saying he didn't like the direction the story was going but did not give a fuck? Cause what was he gonna do? Say no? I wouldn't.

I think it needs to go in waves. I think the gray-ness of the Attitude Era worked because of the sheer black and white-ness of the previous era. I think we're slowly moving back towards shades of gray in terms of heels and faces in general; but you have to do it slowly, and we're just getting off a major anti-hero kick in entertainment in general (Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc); so it feels like "WWE is behind the times" because entertainment went shades of gray right after WWE finished a huge period of time with that same anti-hero train.

I think Seth is such a GOOD chicken-shit heel that he should mostly stay that way. Especially with the entire "Authority" gimmick backing him; he should be able to have competitive matches with upper mid card guys (those contending for US & IC titles) and win sometimes (see: Ziggler, Ambrose, Cesaro, Kofi, Barrett), he should dominate midcarders (those one tier below US & IC title contenders), but he should be a small step below the top contenders (currently would be Lesnar, Reigns, Orton, and maybe Ryback. I think Cena, Ambrose, Ziggler, and Bryan [if healthy] should be added to this mix).

The key is to not have him face the top contenders much if at all; rather than have him face those top contenders every RAW and weasel his way out of victory. That's the part that can get aggravating.

Toki767

I found it funny that aside from that one win on Reigns that Rollins had thanks to Orton, including Smackdown this week, Reigns will have beaten Rollins every single time they've been in the ring together whether it's a singles match or a tag team match.

Top Bottom