• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Heel

Slowly becoming a Sid Fan

tumblr_nlqi3nTo7D1sdqajoo1_400.gif

This isn't me being hyperbolic. Does anyone like Chris Jericho in 2015?

• Despite being a smark favorite back in the day, Jericho is the ultimate corporate kiss ass. While I've seen 'chosen one'/'face of the company' guys like Nash or Austin criticize the WWE in one manner or another, Jericho always seemingly nods and thinks 'good idea, boss!'
• Every time he comes back it's to put somebody young over. This would be a good thing you might say. Not when it's obvious that's all he comes back to do. The intentions are good but the outcome does nothing for the other star and only hurts them. Instead of putting them over, a star with momentum usually ends up having it completely halted by a 1-2 month long feud that gives them nothing in the end because beating Jericho means nothing. A Jericho feud is a 2 month long squash match.
• Hasn't been entertaining since 2010. And that's stretching it. 2009 at the absolute latest.
• His dismissal of the Bill DeMott story by saying 'I had it worse.'
• His music that is ridiculously lame even by 80s Metal Tribute band standards.
• His phony as fuck podcast hosting.

Agree 100%

Chris Jericho in 2015 would make 90's Chris Jericho sick to his fucking stomach.

Dude is like Adam Sandler. Happy to work absolute garbage just to keep earning the big bucks for the least amount of effort possible.

Sephzilla

I noticed a lot of negativity about WM online. Why? WM was a blast this year. Extremely fun and playful, especially Sting vs HHH. Match of the forever. Danny Bryan won a title after sleeping for the whole match while his opponents killed themselves, Rusev had a majestic entrance, Roman didn't win, Sting was great, Brock smashed, Rollins left as champ. I can't see any reason how people could be upset at anything on the show besides that terrible Taker/Bray match. Bray was just awful. Millennials really dropped the ball on this show. All those part timers blew them away.

Some people will be negative no matter what, I s'pose

HBmUGFM.gif

Agreed. WM 31 was fun as hell.

strobogo

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;158514964 said:
my only wish was that stang took the time away from the ring to get a hair transplant.

like punk did after his match with taker

I noticed no one ragged on Michael Cole for having a bald spot. People are so quick to judge part timers. It's a sad time.

Anth0ny

This isn't me being hyperbolic. Does anyone like Chris Jericho in 2015?

• Despite being a smark favorite back in the day, Jericho is the ultimate corporate kiss ass. While I've seen 'chosen one'/'face of the company' guys like Nash or Austin criticize the WWE in one manner or another, Jericho always seemingly nods and thinks 'good idea, boss!'
• Every time he comes back it's to put somebody young over. This would be a good thing you might say. Not when it's obvious that's all he comes back to do. The intentions are good but the outcome does nothing for the other star and only hurts them. Instead of putting them over, a star with momentum usually ends up having it completely halted by a 1-2 month long feud that gives them nothing in the end because beating Jericho means nothing. A Jericho feud is a 2 month long squash match.
• Hasn't been entertaining since 2010. And that's stretching it. 2009 at the absolute latest.
• His dismissal of the Bill DeMott story by saying 'I had it worse.'
• His music that is ridiculously lame even by 80s Metal Tribute band standards.
• His phony as fuck podcast hosting.

This is all true, lol.

Also, Mania 31 was the very definition of fun and playful. If you really start to break it down and analyze it, I feel like the show becomes worse and worse... but I'm not gonna do that. Brock going Summerslam 2014 on Reigns' ass was enough to send me home happy.

Vee_One

This is all true, lol.

Also, Mania 31 was the very definition of fun and playful. If you really start to break it down and analyze it, I feel like the show becomes worse and worse... but I'm not gonna do that. Brock going Summerslam 2014 on Reigns' ass was enough to send me home happy.

This. The main event was enough to satisfy me. Right decision all around. Roman looked strong as well. The undercard was mostly alright, matches were enjoyable enough. None of the matches were terrible. Undertaker/Wyatt wasn't great but I think that was more on Taker.

I really enjoyed 31, was expecting to hate it but was pleasantly surprised.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Seth-kun leaving Mania as champion, thus completing my triumph over friend Heel, makes Mania 31 top 5 all time at least.

9 isn't even bad. It gets such a bad rap. I'd take 9 over 1-5, 11-16, and 27-29.
27 and 29 I'd definitely agree. Can't comment on 1-5 and 11 as I haven't seen them in full. No fucking way is it better than 12, 14, 15 or 16. And 28 isn't even that bad other than Bryan and Sheamus getting fucked over.

Maybe I should revisit 9 though.

Anyway welcome back sir. I watched all of The Sopranos for the first time in your absence. Fuck hearing Tony and his breathing though. That shit was obnoxious.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I missed 17-27. I picked a bad time to come back. Since have seen 24 and most of X-7. One of the reasons I got the network was to watch the rest.

strobogo

Banned
27 and 29 I'd definitely agree. Can't comment on 1-5 and 11 as I haven't seen them in full. No fucking way is it better than 12, 14, 15 or 16. And 28 isn't even that bad other than Bryan and Sheamus getting fucked over.

Maybe I should revisit 9 though.

Anyway welcome back sir. I watched all of The Sopranos for the first time in your absence. Fuck hearing Tony and his breathing though. That shit was obnoxious.

12 is awful besides the iron man match, which itself isn't great. 14 is bad all around except Kane/Taker. 15 is trash besides X-Pac/Shane. 16 is horrible besides the ladder match.

1-5 is full of bad, bad wrestling and poor production levels. You could take the best matches from 1-5 and not have a full card. It would pretty much just be Steamboat/Savage and Savage/Hogan. 6 is the first time Wrestlemania really felt like WRESTLEMANIA. The Skydome, the pageantry, the bright colors, the audio, the Ultimate Challenge. Really a who's who of territory guys. I enjoy it a ton even if most of the matches are short and not that good. I've used the audio of the show in place of music/podcasts on my bike rides.

Heel

Seth-kun leaving Mania as champion, thus completing my triumph over friend Heel, makes Mania 31 top 5 all time at least.

I saw the twinkle in Seth-kun's eye and the fire within just like you did, Chamber. Reminded me of a prime Chuck Liddell. Sometimes you have to play devil's advocate to make the victory for your friends even more fulfilling.

I look forward to doing the same in kideo game form, laughing at your failures in Bloodborne.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2 and 4 are easily the worst Manias. Four is longer but at least has a neat ending. Two is shorter but has nothing worth watching on it.

strobogo

Banned
2 and 4 are easily the worst Manias. Four is longer but at least has a neat ending. Two is shorter but has nothing worth watching on it.

4 is one of the hardest WWE shows to sit through of all time. It's brutal. 16 matches. Survivor Series 1998 and Armageddon 1999 are close, though.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I saw the twinkle in Seth-kun's eye and the fire within just like you did, Chamber. Reminded me of a prime Chuck Liddell. Sometimes you have to play devil's advocate to make the victory for your friends even more fulfilling.

I look forward to doing the same in kideo game form, laughing at your failures in Bloodborne.

Me playing Bloodborne =

iOkSPVDD16dDF.gif

Anyone else listen to Grantland's Cheap Heat podcast? Been tuning in since the (excellent, imo) Chris Hero episode but am still not sure what to make of the hosts. The Masked Man dude is alright, but the other guy seems oddly grating.

I feel like I watched a different match than the rest of the internet when people talk about HHH and Sting. It was super boring, lacked structure and storytelling and it seems like everyone is just getting off on old man run ins.

Hey, y'all

BXmrdiP.gif

Glad to be back in this wonderful, women positive thread after all that ugly misogyny with last month's threads. A real shame all that ugliness was exposed. Happy to see that Bean is back, as the community really needed him.

Hey stro, hope things are going okay for you now!

Seth cashing in reminded me, I love the concept of the MITB briefcase.

Its the maybe the most dumb wrestling thing WWE has.

It was better when it was exclusively used to evaluate young guys who totally are not ready for the main event in its first few years before they started given them to Cena and Randy Orton but even then its still a cool dumb thing.

scabro

is that THE LAW caller, Strobogo?
I feel like I watched a different match than the rest of the internet when people talk about HHH and Sting. It was super boring, lacked structure and storytelling and it seems like everyone is just getting off on old man run ins.

I disagree completely, friend. I think the match told a wonderful story. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it told the most universal story in this business: Vince always wins.

back when i made my debut i didn't shake anyone's hand, notice that DM never came after me for it, now i'm not saying he's scared of me but he probably knows i'd beat that old ass if he ever tried anything

I still remember your debut, you just ran in there and tried to take a spot.

Cure, you've got my respect. I'd even put you over with Vince if I had the choice.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It is a sad state of affairs that the Bullet Club had to help out Stang...unless Stang was Fake Stang the entire time!

Vylash

that match was the personification of wrestling, the run ins were stupid and made no sense, they were the best part along with sting chopping the hammer in half with the bat

Agree 100%

Chris Jericho in 2015 would make 90's Chris Jericho sick to his fucking stomach.

Dude is like Adam Sandler. Happy to work absolute garbage just to keep earning the big bucks for the least amount of effort possible.

I think part of it is that one who only comes back for a few months every couple of years becomes stale. Look at the Rock, literally the most charismatic performer in wrestling history. When he first came back it was incredible. He completely outshined everyone in the company. But every return there was less and less impact until this WM when I didn't really care that he came out to confront the Authority until Rhonda got involved.

Someone recommend something for me to watch. No wrestling, must be on Netflix (any region) or youtube, I must be able to fall asleep to it and pick up at a later time. Show or movie or series or whatever

Someone recommend something for me to watch. No wrestling, must be on Netflix (any region) or youtube, I must be able to fall asleep to it and pick up at a later time. Show or movie or series or whatever

Season 7 of How I met Your Mother.

Vicar Amelia was my toughest fight. Until I got to Rom. Fuck that fight and all its cheap bullshit.

Also, welcome back Stro.

It's the fur. I wanna know your patterns. I'm fucking going over, pal.

Top Bottom