• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I think the end of the Cena Vs Ambrose match was the perfect time to turn Cena heel. If he just beat the shit out of him that crowd would have gone ballistic.

Fucking great match, the crowd was SOO into it.

Rusev killed it, back being baws.

Big Show needs to get one of them baby carrying back packs and carry around the Andre the Giant trophy everywhere he goes.

Reigns doesn't deserve the booing anymore, he didn't win shit.

bjork

Oh really?

What'd be your favourite WM?

Probably 6 or 10, because those are the two times I followed it most avidly. I have a soft spot for 12 because I went to it, too. But HBK got the Roman push over Bret, so that took away from it. I didn't chant WCW at them or anything, I just went home.

Fox318

Probably 6 or 10, because those are the two times I followed it most avidly. I have a soft spot for 12 because I went to it, too. But HBK got the Roman push over Bret, so that took away from it. I didn't chant WCW at them or anything, I just went home.
You should have chanted for the true hero champion at 12.

Vader

bjork

You should have chanted for the true hero champion at 12.

Vader

Has was on the same team as Owen, so he got cheered by me for sure. Also Austin beating Savio... not because I like Austin but because fuck Savio. Also Diesel hitting the jackknife on UT twice and then just standing around smiling and shit. Also witnessing the only HHH squash in history. Also Goldust in his panties.

Carnby

Has was on the same team as Owen, so he got cheered by me for sure. Also Austin beating Savio... not because I like Austin but because fuck Savio. Also Diesel hitting the jackknife on UT twice and then just standing around smiling and shit. Also witnessing the only HHH squash in history. Also Goldust in his panties.

I don't care what anyone says about 12. It was a good show. And holy moly the Goldust matches is one of the funniest matches ever.

Kaladin

WWE finally made a replica Money In The Bank briefcase.

11050799_874794275897791_8289594066070003395_n.jpg

Modeled after the Money in the Bank briefcase suspended above the ring during the annual ladder match, and used by several Superstars to cash in their Championship contracts, now you can own your very own Money in the Bank briefcase!

High quality plastic
Fully-functional briefcase
Combination lock & key included

It's $74.99

Shame it's not metal, I would have fun putting dents into it.

Two business notes in the Observer were interesting to me:

1. Sumo Hall is sold out for Sunday's Invasion Attack show. Japan has always been more of a walk up crowd than the US so that's really impressive. Wonder if New Japan books Budokan for next year's show?

2. Global Force Wrestling's TV tapings are at a 7,000 seat venue. I know they can scale that down but Jarrett must have some pretty big talent lined up to be paying for a place that sized.

Fox318

Two business notes in the Observer were interesting to me:

1. Sumo Hall is sold out for Sunday's Invasion Attack show. Japan has always been more of a walk up crowd than the US so that's really impressive. Wonder if New Japan books Budokan for next year's show?

2. Global Force Wrestling's TV tapings are at a 7,000 seat venue. I know they can scale that down but Jarrett must have some pretty big talent lined up to be paying for a place that sized.
Jeff probably has himself as the main event.

Lets see if he can draw dimes.

Bloodborne is so good. Pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy the game. The satisfication of landing a counter with the gun is great. On the second boss right now. I don't find him to be too difficult. I just become impatient and move in too soon and just eat a combo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't fuck How I Met Your Mother. Already seen Punisher (2004) and Punisher: WAR ZONE.
I would also take any podcast recommendations but I only like podcasts with funny people telling me interesting things.

How Did This Get Made is pretty good.

JavyOO7

Someone recommend something for me to watch. No wrestling, must be on Netflix (any region) or youtube, I must be able to fall asleep to it and pick up at a later time. Show or movie or series or whatever

Hmm.

Lost in Translation (not on USA Netflix, unfortunately)
Marco Polo (Netflix Original) that my buddy told me was excellent
The Fall
Luther
Man from Nowhere (South Korean action movie)
I saw the Devil
The Tower
A Company Man
Infernal Affairs (where The Departed got its inspiration from)
Blue is the Warmest Color (did not finish watch this yet, but from what I understood of it so far, this shy girl finds this girl with blue hair very pretty and it goes from there. Romance movie)
Breathless

Can't wait to watch some of this stuff again and finish watching the stuff I haven't seen yet after next Tuesday. =p

Kaladin

Vince McMahon didn't kill the PPV, PPV killed the PPV:

A month before boxers Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao even enter the ring, their May 2 title fight is already breaking records, with the pay-per-view bout set to cost fans $99 according to people close to the negotiations between the networks and TV distributors.

HBO and Showtime, which are handling negotiations for the camps of Mr. Pacquiao and Mr. Mayweather respectively, are expected to wrap up deals with major pay-TV distributors in the next few days for the highly anticipated welterweight title fight. The negotiations stalled last week as distributors and HBO and Showtime sparred over the split of what is expected to be record-setting pay-per-view revenue.

Under the terms being discussed, the fight will be sold for $99 for a high-definition feed and $89 for standard definition, both of which are record prices. The previous high was $74.95 for high-definition and $64.95 for standard.

Vince McMahon laughs at this.

If I was Vince, I would run a special on One Year of the WWE Network: $99.99, open to all subscribers, new and current.

That's almost a $20 savings on a full year.

Fox318

Vince McMahon didn't kill the PPV, PPV killed the PPV:

Vince McMahon laughs at this.

If I was Vince, I would run a special on One Year of the WWE Network: $99.99, open to all subscribers, new and current.

That's almost a $20 savings on a full year.

If they are going to do free months it wouldn't be a bad idea.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was just reminded of the movie In the Company of Men. Goddamn that movie was fucked.

strobogo

Banned
Bray needs a break. Getting rid of his Family was such a dumb move, and he's not had any real reason to be there since he went after the top guy and got fucking embarrassed.

Honestly, though, I dug the scarecrow entrance. Not as good as Rusev or as hilariously bad as Trips, but effective enough.

Terminator H was awesome. WWE has been missing out on DnF (dumb and fun) stuff for a few years now. Could have been truly magical at night.

6qiL2sE.gif

Kaladin

It was actually on an asian student who doesn't really speak English, or at least they give that impression because they stick to a small group of asian students and don't speak English around each other.

Xater

Lance Storm on the Observer podcast is becoming really annoying. He still thinks people boo Roman just because they want to get themselves over. Yep it has nothing to do with people thinking he doesn't deserve to be where WWE want him to be.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NJPW's main event last night was great. Has me all the more excited for Styles/Ibushi.
jhH8HkW.gif

Ibushi needs to start dressing like a heavyweight and not some sort of generic X-Divsion guy though.

notworksafe

Lol I listened to that podcast too. Pretty funny!

Y'know when meeting Ryback I thought it was odd that when we told him we were from Albuquerque, NM he said he was a big fan of the Las Vegas NM area.

The only thing there is a couple really good restaurants and a quick path to a Mexican town with a pharmacy that will sell you anything you want for cheap. Maybe that actually makes more sense than I thought...

Either way he was a very nice guy, signed my gf's shirt, and we chatted for a bit about how much he likes Marvel comics and movies.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let it go Vinnie Mac, let it gooooooo.
Whatever Aiii, lots of people liked that podcast. We are still talking about z-paks, making roman look strong, and Ryback being dumb as fuck. Accept it, it's part of wrestling culture now :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What wrestling matches will you be watching to commemorate Jesus dying on the cross?
Inokijesus.gif Bootaaay, serve it up. Between that and Vince and Shane vs God and HBK.

somedevil

Well Sheamus vs Bryan on Smackdown sounds crazy:

First here is his New Theme plus his promo on Small guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgGgixfZSRs

Plus on the match:

As noted, tonight's WWE SmackDown will feature Sheamus returning to the ring against WWE Intercontinental Champion Daniel Bryan in a non-title match.

Sheamus is accused of being reckless in the match and not protecting Bryan enough. Some who saw the match live noted that Sheamus worked too reckless in some spots.

Bryan ended up busted open and needed around 7 stitches to close a cut on his forehead but the cut may have came from Barrett. Apparently there is at least some blood shown on tonight's broadcast.

Sounds crazy and I wonder if they keep the end where Sheamus
has Bryan's blood across his chest.

Kaladin

You know, Ryback has gotten insanely over since the whole Cena vs Authority angle. Was he this before before that?

I feel like a good bit of fans actually like the big guy.

strobogo

Banned
Lance Storm on the Observer podcast is becoming really annoying. He still thinks people boo Roman just because they want to get themselves over. Yep it has nothing to do with people thinking he doesn't deserve to be where WWE want him to be.

Where is that? Losing in the main event of Wrestlemania? WM proved more than ever that wrestling fans are just contrarians looking to get noticed since they still complained about Roman (who was in an excellent, hard hitting match and lost) while cheering for Bryan (who napped for 13 minutes while his opponents killed themselves and then won and got a big suck up segment, which is what the same fans complained furiously about when it happened to Roman at the Rumble).

Now, the push of Roman Reigns isn't taking the spot of anyone (Danny Bryan's body can't be trusted to be a top guy, Dolph Ziggler has had multiple chances and underwhelms and shit talks his employer in public every time) and is in fact a gift to wrestling fans, who love nothing more than to have someone to feel smart about hating.

Vince McMahon hasn't lost his touch at all. He's more genius than ever, tbh. In addition to all that, you have the NXT flippy floppy guys getting big showcases on Raw and Sheamus being a heel again, which will no doubt turn the internet's opinion on him. There isn't much for WWE fans to be upset about right now. Things are looking pretty good. But then, there are people who genuinely hated Sting/HHH and WM31 as a whole and think liking a few pop songs makes you a gimmick poster.

jmdajr

We previously reported that fans at the WWE Hall Of Fame ceremony on Saturday night were sending word that Scott Steiner was barred from the event. They said a photo of Steiner had been seen hanging up in the security area with notice not to let him enter the SAP Center, the site of the ceremony.

A new report by the Wrestling Observer Newsletter states Steiner was banned because an incident with Hulk Hogan’s wife, Jennifer, on an airplane recently. No other details were given about what happened were given, but the situation was called “ugly,” and it snowballed into WWE refusing to allow Steiner inside the building.

Damn. Didn't know.

Top Bottom