• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Damn, you're still working through that? You're an animal.

I finished it last month.

That wasted time.

EDIT: Actual footage of Duncan watching the final episode.

v7MiO0l.gif

I don't fuck How I Met Your Mother. Already seen Punisher (2004) and Punisher: WAR ZONE.
I would also take any podcast recommendations but I only like podcasts with funny people telling me interesting things.

daemissary

Anyone else listen to Grantland's Cheap Heat podcast? Been tuning in since the (excellent, imo) Chris Hero episode but am still not sure what to make of the hosts. The Masked Man dude is alright, but the other guy seems oddly grating.

I listen to Cheap Heat...masked man is pretty great and Rosenberg is annoying at times but his humor has kinda grown on me. He just plays the heel towards the prototypical Internet fan.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Someone recommend something for me to watch. No wrestling, must be on Netflix (any region) or youtube, I must be able to fall asleep to it and pick up at a later time. Show or movie or series or whatever

Saved by the Bell

Can't go wrong with Zack Attack.

Heel

I don't fuck How I Met Your Mother. Already seen Punisher (2004) and Punisher: WAR ZONE.
I would also take any podcast recommendations but I only like podcasts with funny people telling me interesting things.

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History is a good sleepytime podcast. Interesting things, but not funny.

Someone recommend something for me to watch. No wrestling, must be on Netflix (any region) or youtube, I must be able to fall asleep to it and pick up at a later time. Show or movie or series or whatever
Special ID
I need to finish watching Nebraska.

I remember not hating what i saw so far.
I liked that one okay. That reminds me, i saw Macgruber last week. It's fucking incredible

kirblar

I really think Cena-Undertaker is the match you do next year at WM, especially if he's considering retirement.

Sting just physically isn't capable of going at the level required. They did a good job working around his limitations with the overbooking, but they're just years late on their chance to make that UT matchup work. The last two UT matches have been blown out by injuries, first to UT, then to Bray, and they really should try to make sure this one is a good one.

I noticed a lot of negativity about WM online. Why? WM was a blast this year. Extremely fun and playful, especially Sting vs HHH. Match of the forever. Danny Bryan won a title after sleeping for the whole match while his opponents killed themselves, Rusev had a majestic entrance, Roman didn't win, Sting was great, Brock smashed, Rollins left as champ. I can't see any reason how people could be upset at anything on the show besides that terrible Taker/Bray match. Bray was just awful. Millennials really dropped the ball on this show. All those part timers blew them away.

Bray needs a break. Getting rid of his Family was such a dumb move, and he's not had any real reason to be there since he went after the top guy and got fucking embarrassed.

Honestly, though, I dug the scarecrow entrance. Not as good as Rusev or as hilariously bad as Trips, but effective enough.

Hardcore History is a weird thing to listen to at bed.

If you want just pure information, that "History of Rome" podcast is probably a better fit, as it's more like a laconic lecture from a high school teacher than a real radio show, which is what Carlin is going for. Info may or may not stick, but given how ubiquitous Rome is in the popular discourse about history, it's a decentish overview of things.

Haven't seen Mania yet. Trying to get through the (holy god four hour) Hall of Fame first. Good speeches this year.

No spoilers please.

Snape turns heel on Dumbledore by hitting him with the childhood sled Rosebud because he was actually a ghost Keyzer Soze who thought his girlfriend's head was in the box but it turns out it was actually his father's

Friends, I'm only posting here because friend Heel graciously invited me via PM to answer his hard-hitting questionnaire.

I haven't watched RAW for over a month, haven't visited this thread for the same amount of time, nor have I watched Wrestlemania (although I read the match results out of curiosity, I still have no clue what led to them). I even deleted the WWE app from my phone, unsubscribed from their YT channel, as well as unsubscribing from their emails that beg me to sign up to their stinking network again.

Although I long for the glory days when friend bean, friend Heel, friend Lambda (RIP), and myself used to run wild in this thread, I just want out of the carny life at this point in time. I hope you respect that.

In case you were wondering, I am keeping Lord Sina as my avatar due to his work and success as an actor, recording artist, athlete, humanitarian, and being all around swell guy. Not due to his association with this carny shit.

Oh, and to answer friend Heel's question: obviously the chant was over, not DB+.

iZvX1A8jPevFh.gif

PEACE

Heel

Friends, I'm only posting here because friend Heel graciously invited me via PM to answer his hard-hitting questionnaire.

I haven't watched RAW for over a month, haven't visited this thread for the same amount of time, nor have I watched Wrestlemania (although I read the match results out of curiosity, I still have no clue what led to them). I even deleted the WWE app from my phone, unsubscribed from their YT channel, as well as unsubscribing from their emails that beg me to sign up to their stinking network again.

Although I long for the glory days when friend bean, friend Heel, friend Lambda (RIP), and myself used to run wild in this thread, I just want out of the carny life at this point in time. I hope you respect that.

In case you were wondering, I am keeping Lord Sina as my avatar due to his work and success as an actor, recording artist, athlete, humanitarian, and being all around swell guy. Not due to his association with this carny shit.

Oh, and to answer friend Heel's question: obviously the chant was over, not DB+.

iZvX1A8jPevFh.gif

PEACE

https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.minus.com/ibhDu8ofaIDH7M.gif&v=8tuvz_9D7Ok

I have come to the conclusion that Kevin Nash kinda sucks and I caa do better then a avatar of his dumb face from a dumb feud 4 years ago.

Any good dumb Lesner faces I can use for a avatar? Now there is a dumb face I can get behind!

Vylash

iZvX1A8jPevFh.gif

PEACE

thanks for making an appearance in my thread, brother bionic, but we both know you'll be back soon

suQbnsh.gif

iZvX1A8jPevFh.gif

PEACE

gmJrD8p.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
So...
Vince McMahon was watching the show, the first time he had ever been to an NXT event. He loved the crowd reaction, but those who saw him said he wasn’t thrilled at the “Better than Raw” chants and appeared very unhappy at the “Better than Mania” chants late in the show.

Browny

Banned
Enjoy your break Alucard.

Welcome back Stro and Bean Breath.

Also, replace the word Friday with Easter - four day weekend coming up:

mrmix9Y.gif

The decision to go with Rollins was not made at the last minute, although few were aware of it. Reigns was originally scheduled to win the title. The impression we have is that Lesnar was fully appraised of the plan for Rollins to win at WrestleMania when he was finalizing his contract. My gut is they had to tell him, because if he signed and then they sprung the change on him, while it wouldn’t hurt him since he knew he was losing the title anyway, it’s a trust thing. Lesnar has already shown he can walk out at any time, gets very mad when things don’t go as he’s told they will go, so you can’t play the usual games with talent on him.

I don’t know when Reigns was told that he wasn’t winning, past the point that it appeared nobody in his family knew. His father, Leati Anoa’i (better known as Sika Anoa’i of the Wild Samoans tag team) was so furious at the finish that later that night there was nearly a bad scene. It appears none of the other family members knew either and all were unhappy, some more than others.

Rollins found out that he was winning late in the show. He was also told that as champion, he would have to fly after the show to New York to appear on “The Today Show” (a victory appearance originally scheduled to kick off Reigns title run) and back to San Jose to appear on Raw the next night.

The last 45 seconds of the match and that he was getting the title was said to be told to Rollins right at the start of the Rock & Ronda Rousey angle. It was at that point when Rollins, Reigns, Lesnar, Paul Heyman and producer Michael Seitz (Michael Hayes) went together into a room to go through the “new” finish and work out how they were going to accomplish it. The rest of the match had already been worked on and formulated.

All those angry Samoans worked themselves into a shoot.

Also some stuff about why Jericho is doing the Network podcasts now

The format is expected to be similar to the Steve Austin interviews with Vince McMahon and HHH that garnered a lot of attention. The first show will air on 4/6, with John Cena as guest. It’s notable that it’s Jericho and not Austin doing the show. One person close to the situation said that there was a falling out of sorts between McMahon and Austin and that Vince was not happy with Austin’s interview with HHH. He then wanted a change in hosts, and he picked Jericho. I’m not sure exactly what, but the item that seemed to cause the most controversy after the fact was Austin asking about Chyna in the Hall of Fame, and the fallout of Chyna resurfacing, and talking about HHH and the physical abuse allegation.

NJPW on AXS news

New Japan Pro Wrestling was officially renewed for a second season on AXS, with the official announcement expected later this week.

The current run of shows ends on 4/10. There will be a break until 5/22, when a second 12-episode season will start, that runs through 8/14.

This season will run main events from June through August of 2014, climaxing with the match voted Match of the Year for 2014 in most Japanese polls, the Okada IWGP title win over Shinsuke Nakamura at the Seibu Dome in the G-1 finals.

The second season is based largely around coverage of the 2014 G-1 Climax tournament, which may have been the single greatest tournament of its kind in pro wrestling history.

NJPW stars coming in for ROH

Because of the success in selling so well in Philadelphia and with the four dates, with the two shows in Toronto, New Japan and ROH have reached an agreement for seven wrestlers to come over. Among those coming are Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Tetsuya Naito, Jushin Liger, Kushida and booker Gedo. As noted, ROH, because of budget issues, at one point was only going to use three Japanese stars and lots of Bullet Club guys, but now it’ll be talent similar, if not better, than last year, since the Bullet Club will also be on the shows.

Ciampa leaving ROH

Tommaso Ciampa, who was in the main event of the last PPV, has given notice. They were doing an angle where he’s at odds with the company but this is said to be legit and he’ll finish up on the 4/4 show in San Antonio. According to those in ROH, the two sides couldn’t come to terms on a new contract. The belief is that he doesn’t have a WWE offer and will end up with Evolve and working other indies and Europe, but only he knows for sure.

ACH to WWE?

There is now heavy interest in WWE in ACH. The standards regarding who they are interested in has changed with the idea of NXT as the cool touring brand and guys they used to dismiss are now guys they want. Too bad they missed on Ricochet the first time because he’ll be tough as I believe he signed a seven year deal with Lucha Underground. But I see them making a play at a lot of the ROH talent when their contracts expire. Adam Cole seems to me to be as almost a no-brainer when it contact is up as far as someone they’ll pursue as well.

And an update on TD cast

E! noted that Total Divas would return for its new season in the summer, although that’s been well known since they’ve been filming of late. Ariane Andrew/Cameron and Summer Rae are being dropped as characters on the new season, but Trinity/Naomi is being brought back.

http://i.minus.com/iZvX1A8jPevFh.gif[img]

PEACE[/QUOTE]
[IMG]https://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/d23a8ed302569099deaf1e6eb1f68641/17160%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20crying%20edge%20gif%20head_shake%20wwe.gif

Bloodborne is my first From Software game. Got killed by the first boss and I've been spinning my wheels ever since, too scared to give it another crack. I can run through the bonfire crew and the werewolves no problem now though.

Sonic Underground. Also Dredd if you haven't seen it.

I think part of it is that one who only comes back for a few months every couple of years becomes stale. Look at the Rock, literally the most charismatic performer in wrestling history. When he first came back it was incredible. He completely outshined everyone in the company. But every return there was less and less impact until this WM when I didn't really care that he came out to confront the Authority until Rhonda got involved.

I think Rock rolling up to the Royal Rumble last year really hurt his lustre. I'd never seen him so off key in the interview back stage. Made me realise how old he is now, which sucks because he's ripped as fuck and in doing great work around the world these days.

At least they still have SCSA in the wings untarnished in case of extreme emergency.

I bet Layla gets cut.

I had no idea she is even still around, assumed she got cut 12 months ago :/

1) For his ring post spot at WrestleMania, do you think Brock bladed, busted himself open for real, or did he use a blood capsule tied to the pole?

2) Was Daniel Bryan over, or was it the chant?

3) What's something safe to say at a casual WrestleMania viewing party in relation to wrestling, and what's something that's a dead giveaway to your friends that you watch it every week?

Looking forward to some replies. We're all friends here.
1) busted (stiff)
2) over (still)
3) "is Macho Man still wrestling?" and "fuck, I've seen this match 5 times in the last month already"

bjork

I don't understand your problem? Do you want a job there? Then go over there and ask, literally the worst thing that could happen is that they go: "oh, yeah, we're not hiring at the moment" and you'll be on your merry way. Go for it.

It would help if I could actually see a listing of what the job is, and know that I wanted it before I went...?

Also Bionic's post reads like the first half of Flair's "I will never retire" promo.

MC Safety

I don't believe Total Divas is dropping Cameron or whatever her name is. What is the WWE going to do, start putting her in matches?

Summer Rae being dropped from the show is understandable. I think all her appearances this season were cameos.

Vylash

Overall, WWE officials were not pleased with this year’s ceremony as they felt the show ran way too long and wasn’t exciting enough. Officials were said to have loved The Bushwhackers speech, with the feeling it was a perfect mix of their characters and telling old stories. However, they were not happy with Madusa’s use of adult language and some weren’t happy with how she put over Eric Bischoff.

Regarding Shawn Michaels, he tore up his prepared speech and was going off the cuff when he inducted Nash. WWE officials weren’t happy with Shawn’s use of the words “strap” and “wrestler” in his speech.

JJYQiaI.gif

bjork

Pro wrestling confessions. I've only seen 4 Wrestlemanias from start to finish.

I wonder how many of ya'll have seen every single one.

I've seen all of 1-16, 19-22, and then I think that's it. I think I liked the earlier ones best because I was a kid then and I still believed etc.

Browny

Banned
I missed the Wrestlemania talk. My first? 11. Diesel as champ and Jenny McCarthy - good times.

I watched all the way through to 18, then moved out of home. Had to watch highlights from 19 to 23, then have watched (either live or the morning after) 24 to now.

Top Bottom