• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Alucard

Banned
Maybe I missed it, but is Data West supposed to be the hipster wrestling fan? Idk, I'm still knew to Wrestlegaf.

Nah, he's just into a lot of Japanese wrestling. I personally love it because I get to see stuff I otherwise would have never known about. Data is my homeboy.

Maybe I missed it, but is Data West supposed to be the hipster wrestling fan? Idk, I'm still knew to Wrestlegaf.

No, he just doesn't watch wwe and watches alternatives because he likes wrestling.

If your criteria for a "hipster fan" is someone who doesn't watch wwe in lieu of other wrestling, then Bootaaay and Alucard do the same.

But at the end of the day it's meaningless. It's the wrasslin thread, not the wwe thread

Just saw those NJPW alt costumes for Sengoku Basara 4, I like to think this alone makes it a better wrestling game than WWE2Kinsert year stuff by default, you can just pretend all the mooks are waves of jobbers (also serves as a stronger example of playing a John Cena like superman).
Of course the game itself probably wont make it over here and I'm sad again.

Big Dave lookin good
vorjO99.jpg

BIG DAVE's ready to star in a remake of Falling Down.

somedevil

Here is a WWE survey on Possible 2016 DVDs:

* 20 Years Later: Best of 1996 – Matches and discussion from the best WWE and WCW PPVs as well as historic Nitro, Raw and ECW matches and moments.

* Booker T – Extended WWE Network documentary plus matches, interviews and memories.

* Bruno Sammartino – Bruno documentary with exclusive material filmed at his home as well as Bruno backstage at Wrestlemanias, plus archival footage and matches.

* Dudley Boyz – Documentary and match collection.

* Eric Bischoff – Similar in vein to the Paul Heyman release, a documentary on the only man who came close to taking WWE down with matches and interviews as well as a documentary on his time in pro wrestling.

* Greatest Rivalries: Eric Bischoff vs. Vince McMahon – Sitdown interview discussing the Monday Night War interspersed with footage from that era.

* Greatest Rivalries: Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven – Dreamer and Raven discuss their feud with Joey Styles, interspersed with complete matches, clips and interviews.

* How to Become a Self-Made Millionaire with JBL – Following a day in the life of JBL, focusing on his life and how he made his fortune, including personal wealth tips.

* Hulk Hogan: Immortal – Hulk Hogan documentary and matches presented, built around the story of a Hogan bronze statue being created and released.[Note from Mike: I guess we now known which statue will be revealed at AXXESS in Dallas!]

* Lex Luger – documentary on life and career of former WCW World champion.

* OMG! ECW’s Top 50 Craziest Moments – A countdown of the craziest moments in Extreme Championship Wrestling and WWE ECW’s collective history.

* Roman Reigns – Documentary and match collection, built around Reigns heading into his first Wrestlemania.

* The Sheamus Experience – Sheamus interview as he tours Ireland plus matches, interviews and memories.

* Stone Cold – One Man Show with Steve Austin.

* True Story of Tribute to the Troops – Documentary on creation and execution of the annual WWE event for the United States military plus matches and memories from different events.

* WWE Divas – documentary looking at the past, present and future of women’s wrestling in WWE.

Wow it seems Eric Bischoff might be in the WWE good graces again.

RP912

Banned
Man it's been SLOW around these parts. Nothing interesting popping off lately in the world of professional wrestling. I think it's time for another CM Punk interview with Colt.

Really good show overall. I dug the idea of EY starting it as a heel who has seen the error of his ways, but is then screwed over through no fault of his own and then snaps again. The knockouts four way was an excellent showcase for Brooke. Beyond fanservice, it delivered some fresh moves and the revival of THE POUUNNNCE. Mika-Kenny was a backdrop for the faction war, which leads to A PIPE ON A POLE MATCH. Yippee. The Dollhouse's debut was creepy, and resulted in them coming off as stars alongside Laura Dennis, who they might as well just call Cherry Bomb since it's on her gear and all the fans chanted.

The Mickie-Storm-Magnus thing was just fantastic. Storm playing off of his babyface character to lure Mickie away because he feels she's a better fit for him than Magnus is being done perfectly. Storm had me cracking up singing and dancing to Mickie's song after asking that it be played. Manik and Davey had an excellent short match that finally gave Manik a chance to shine for the first time since he's been in this faction. They set up more with The Revolution and the Hardys, debuted a new finisher for them, and even set Davey up as a possible X Title contender - so it was an efficient use of time. Every single thing involving EC3's campaign while Tyrus dressed as Abe Lincoln was great until Ken Anderson came out. Kong vs. Taryn was a fun match that had a logical set up for the no DQ stip with Taryn wanting this after Kong used weapons against her, and then the real motive became clear when the Dollhouse attacked Kong and helped her win. Taryn is already a fantastic heel after one promo and this act has potential. I'm not quite sure if it can be the next BPs, but that seems to be the idea and I dig it so far. They all have chemistry together, and that is what helped the BPs out a lot.

I don't normally like bait and switch angles for World title matches, especially when it's clear we aren't getting a title match when it's set to begin 10 minutes before the show ends, but this was done perfectly. EY needed something to get him to the next level as a semi-top heel act and this was it. He absolutely destroyed both Aries and Kurt, and left the champion bloodied with an even more busted-up knee. This was an excellent show overall and well worth going out of your way to see.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...tv-report-knockouts-rule-and-ey-battles-angle

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/9tawm4llnthkbgd2byuvdudzfdo3w5e6

Softgels

Banned
No, he just doesn't watch wwe and watches alternatives because he likes wrestling.

If your criteria for a "hipster fan" is someone who doesn't watch wwe in lieu of other wrestling, then Bootaaay and Alucard do the same.

But at the end of the day it's meaningless. It's the wrasslin thread, not the wwe thread

Hipster in the sense of "Hey that guy everyone likes, I think he sucks, watch fat Japanese guys headbutt each other in a small gym". That is hipsteresque, maybe.

Really good show overall. I dug the idea of EY starting it as a heel who has seen the error of his ways, but is then screwed over through no fault of his own and then snaps again. The knockouts four way was an excellent showcase for Brooke. Beyond fanservice, it delivered some fresh moves and the revival of THE POUUNNNCE. Mika-Kenny was a backdrop for the faction war, which leads to A PIPE ON A POLE MATCH. Yippee. The Dollhouse's debut was creepy, and resulted in them coming off as stars alongside Laura Dennis, who they might as well just call Cherry Bomb since it's on her gear and all the fans chanted.

The Mickie-Storm-Magnus thing was just fantastic. Storm playing off of his babyface character to lure Mickie away because he feels she's a better fit for him than Magnus is being done perfectly. Storm had me cracking up singing and dancing to Mickie's song after asking that it be played. Manik and Davey had an excellent short match that finally gave Manik a chance to shine for the first time since he's been in this faction. They set up more with The Revolution and the Hardys, debuted a new finisher for them, and even set Davey up as a possible X Title contender - so it was an efficient use of time. Every single thing involving EC3's campaign while Tyrus dressed as Abe Lincoln was great until Ken Anderson came out. Kong vs. Taryn was a fun match that had a logical set up for the no DQ stip with Taryn wanting this after Kong used weapons against her, and then the real motive became clear when the Dollhouse attacked Kong and helped her win. Taryn is already a fantastic heel after one promo and this act has potential. I'm not quite sure if it can be the next BPs, but that seems to be the idea and I dig it so far. They all have chemistry together, and that is what helped the BPs out a lot.

I don't normally like bait and switch angles for World title matches, especially when it's clear we aren't getting a title match when it's set to begin 10 minutes before the show ends, but this was done perfectly. EY needed something to get him to the next level as a semi-top heel act and this was it. He absolutely destroyed both Aries and Kurt, and left the champion bloodied with an even more busted-up knee. This was an excellent show overall and well worth going out of your way to see.

Please stop being so creepy with your pictures. Not everyone wants to perv out on wrestling chicks, ya know?

Goldberg apparently wants to do a retirement match but not with any wrestling company and with himself as the promoter. That seems like a pretty horrible idea to me. It would probably end up being a WWA retread and Goldberg alone (or with washed up dudes) can't really sell a PPV.

Goldberg coming back

Bill Goldberg, 48, told Fox Sports that he will wrestle again, but not with WWE, and teased the idea he may do it himself saying he's "sick and tired of dealing with promoters."

"I'm going to make an appearance in professional wrestling, but it won't be for the WWE," Goldberg said in an interview while attending a NASCAR Sprint Cup race.

Heel

Taylor Swift gets blown up within 10 minutes, but JPeeples going through a wrestling event frame-by-frame to get screen captures of TNA Knockouts bent over or spread eagle for a "wrestling review" goes unchecked for months.

Forgive me for being a condescending asshole, cr_blah_blah, but sometimes the wrestling fan stigma isn't unfounded.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Taylor Swift gets blown up with 10 minutes, but JPeeples going through a wrestling event frame-by-frame to get screen captures of TNA Knockouts bent over or spread eagle goes unchecked for months.

Forgive me for being a condescending asshole, cr_blah_blah, but sometimes the wrestling fan stigma isn't unfounded.
Careful now Heel, with that kind of dissension some people might think you're gimmick posting.

Taylor Swift gets blown up within 10 minutes, but JPeeples going through a wrestling event frame-by-frame to get screen captures of TNA Knockouts bent over or spread eagle for a "wrestling review" goes unchecked for months.

Friend Heel, sometimes when you're right you are absolutely right.

Friend Heel, we should find more common ground to parlay this newfound FnP movement. Do you like the NBA? I'm from San Antonio, home of the San Antonio Spurs and WWE Superstar and Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels, and am finding tonight's game really enjoyable. Do you have a favorite team?

Softgels

Banned
With time, the case grows colder. Only an ember of truth glows in the cool night. Soon, only our theories will remain.

#TeamBloodCapsule

Perhaps it was a last salvo in a war so cold that it is colder than Daniel Bryan's career. Look at the Reds.

Heel

Friend Heel, we should find more common ground to parlay this newfound FnP movement. Do you like the NBA? I'm from San Antonio, home of the San Antonio Spurs and WWE Superstar and Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels, and am finding tonight's game really enjoyable. Do you have a favorite team?

I grew up a Bulls fan in the Jordan era. It's been a real treat watching Steve Kerr teach Steph Curry everything he knows, which is that a 3 pointer is worth more than a dunk, cementing the foundation of the Kerr Dynasty.

Though I don't watch the NBA very often, I'm now a Kings fan. It takes a lot of courage to type that.

Top Bottom