• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
a better one than the one in the comedy promotion that is prioritized over njpw.

i feel like we've had this exact conversation before. also, aj isn't going to be in njpw for the long haul. guarantee it.

kirblar

Rhonda not doing a full match makes sense at this point- letting her do a few spots on the outside w/ Steph is probably all that will happen.

Clicked the forum for the first time in a few days, saw in order the thread about the assassination of Silent Hills by the coward Konami, and whatever the fuck argument happened a page ago. Yikes

Then saw the PPV card for tonight, Double yikes. Baleedat

I don't think Ibushi will get much in the way of IWGP gold while he's jumping off balconies and wrestling inflatable dolls, but if he signed on with New Japan full-time, rather than a joint contract, that'd be a different matter. Until that time New Japan should without a doubt be prioritising Naito over Ibushi - that'd make for a pretty great feud as well. Naito, the homegrown talent, overlooked for the pretty boy from DDT who comes in and steals his thunder.

Hex

Banned
Mmm. He's in the power position though.

Dana is pissed off and slinging his D because it looks like he was not notified of the first time.
So now he is being a hard ass.
He will quickly learn that Rhonda has nothing really left to do in the UFC, she is a carny side show tapping out people in thirty seconds to collect paychecks which while I am sure is not bad, if Dana wants to start playing "I hold the lease" it may not be all that appealing anymore.

Fox318

One of the most frustrating things about WWE games is their inconsistency with legends. Like if you're enough of a delusional wrestling fan to buy the games for their mediocre gameplay, if you're a legends fan or want something more legends focused, you're shit out of luck because of the yearly cycle.

Want Hogan? 2k14 or 2k15
Want 90s Rude? 2k15
Want 80s Rude? 2k14(and he's horrific looking)
Want Bruno? 2k14
Want Steamboat? 2k14?
Want Dusty? 2k14
Want Goldberg? 2k14
Want Bossman? 13
Honky Tonk? 2k15

They really ought to do some basic Legends of Wrestlemania similar game but keep it per generation then just pump out DLC for it. Imagine all the digital bucks you could make off various Rick Rude costumes and themes(2.99 for Rick Rude WCW entrance well spent). Or make All Stars again but with legends only

It probably hurts that they have to negotiate with each wrestler as there is no union to represent them.

I don't think Ibushi will get much in the way of IWGP gold while he's jumping off balconies and wrestling inflatable dolls, but if he signed on with New Japan full-time, rather than a joint contract, that'd be a different matter.

Young women love Ibushi and often burst into tears at the sight of gargoyle faced Naito. In the last six months Kota has semi-mained WK9, won the NJ Cup, and main evented a sold out show at Sumo Hall. New Japan is clearly fine with the split deal with DDT for now and he'll eventually move over full time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think Ibushi will get much in the way of IWGP gold while he's jumping off balconies and wrestling inflatable dolls, but if he signed on with New Japan full-time, rather than a joint contract, that'd be a different matter. Until that time New Japan should without a doubt be prioritising Naito over Ibushi - that'd make for a pretty great feud as well. Naito, the homegrown talent, overlooked for the pretty boy from DDT who comes in and steals his thunder.

It's pretty much been my vision of how to turn him heel. Team with Ibushi then REALLY go Shawn Michaels with it and put him through the mameshiba store window. Talk about how you were the for the shitty days and how you were looked over for Okada and now Ibushi. How you went to Zero-1 on excursion for those fucks and had to carry Jeff Hardy through a match, unappreciated.

Start wearing a leather jacket and a trained Cody can be his Diesel for the two dudes with tude
Young women love Ibushi and often burst into tears at the sight of gargoyle faced Naito.

Such fear in this girls face
naito8bjyf.gif

young women cower in fear of ibushi's combo roid and puberty rage

Punk is secretly Cena's second or third best rival of all time. Cena carried that lazy ass to some great matches.

Secretly? It's pretty widely accepted that Punk was easily one of the best rivals Cena's had, with Edge probably being the only other real contender for that top spot.

JavyOO7

Kidd/Cesaro vs New Day on the preshow
Ambrose vs Luke Harper on a Chicago Streetfight
Ziggler vs Sheamus and the loser has to kiss the winners butt
Nikki Bella vs Naomi for the women's title
Roman vs The Big Show in a last man standing match
Cena vs Rusev in a Russian chain match for the US title
Rollins vs Orton in a steel cage where Orton can't use his RKO

and if his poor body can hold up, Daniel Bryan vs BNB for the IC title. Though honestly, I don't see D. Brine fighting today.

I think the show is going to be one big 'eh'. For instance, Harper vs Ambrose should just be a straight up match with no gimmick and the same with Cena vs Rusev. Two potentially good matches ruined by the gimmick that those matches have.

RP912

Banned
lmao at people forgetting about a PPV coming on tonight. The show looks pretty forgettable on paper. I may just sit this one out and stare at the download bar for ESO.

klonere

Banned
lmao at people forgetting about a PPV coming on tonight. The show looks pretty forgettable on paper. I may just sit this one out and stare at the download bar for ESO.

what platfomr you giving that game a shot on? I've always been morbidly curious about ESO but would never have dived in for the €60 up front €15 a month deal

either they are going to move the tag teams on to the main show and have Neville something on the pre or Neville bout to get a crack at a PPV and possibly a title 3 weeks after debut.

I'll "watch" the first hour, watch Game of Thrones and hope Cena/Rusev and Show/Reigns is during that second hour, then watch the final hour for Orton/Rollins for a good overbooking dessert before bed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I usually hate Go's superkicks because they don't fit him.
BcpJ2C6.gif

But not this one.
NaE2VOX.gif

Go, you are so dumb.
nHXOZ3Z.jpg

QjJUxCg.gif

Mashimo was doing some great heeling it up after the 'fuck your hand' spot. Go doing that spot for real is so stupid. He could have pulled back slightly instead of risking breaking his hand(the only hand he uses for his signature spots) and fucking up the title picture in AJPW and his great run.

OctoMan

Banned
Omg they are giving Green Bay another fucking Raw tomorrow? Last year's was the single worst wrestling crowd of all time. Why would they do this

Hex

Banned
I do not think that I will make it to watch the ppv tonight.
At work we ordered these things called the Pitmaster burgers from Sonny's Pitmaster's Pride Burger ..
Crispy bacon, smoked sausage and pulled pork piled high on a juicy burger patty seasoned with our brisket rub and fire-grilled to your liking. Topped with cheddar, onion straws and a drizzle of Sweet BBQ sauce...
I think I will be in the ICU before my second break with congestive heart failure.

Omg they are giving Green Bay another fucking Raw tomorrow? Last year's was the single worst wrestling crowd of all time. Why would they do this

That crowd was near legendary and not in the good way at all

RP912

Banned
what platfomr you giving that game a shot on? I've always been morbidly curious about ESO but would never have dived in for the €60 up front €15 a month deal

either they are going to move the tag teams on to the main show and have Neville something on the pre or Neville bout to get a crack at a PPV and possibly a title 3 weeks after debut.

I'm doing it on pc since I don't have current consoles. I been curious about this game for a while since I bought the ES anthology. Folks been giving it praises, so I might as well dip. I haven't played a MMO since City of Heroes/Villains so I'm going in with high expectations.

Mahonay

Banned
Catching up on NXT.

Corey Graves during Becky Lynch's entrance:
I was on a flight to Portland reading my Twitter, and she called me a hipster. I almost spilled my craft beer all over myself.

Fucking 10 out of 10.

Also I just realized Extreme Rules is tonight. I hope it doesn't suck.

Aiii

So not worth it
Corey Graves is an amazing color commentator. Very impressed by him, he should be commentating one of the main shows, really.

Mahonay

Banned
Corey Graves is an amazing color commentator. Very impressed by him, he should be commentating one of the main shows, really.
Vince only cares if you're a natural at shilling on queue and getting across his own story telling almost word for word.

I love Graves but I have trouble imagining him being able to commentate with the freedom he has on NXT. Which is all pretty bizarro when you consider it's Michael Cole in their ears from Gorilla on NXT.

Hopefully Graves is on Haitch's good side and he'll have some protection for the main show. After I've seen what's happened to Tom Phillips since the move up I'm not too optimistic.

klonere

Banned
I'm doing it on pc since I don't have current consoles. I been curious about this game for a while since I bought the ES anthology. Folks been giving it praises, so I might as well dip. I haven't played a MMO since City of Heroes/Villains so I'm going in with high expectations.

good luck, have fun. the game had plenty of money put into it so at least you can marvel at the last, big MMO ever to be made.

He's taken incredibly quickly to the job but I don't think he's made it past the stage of feeling very scripted/robotic most of the time. He just doesn't feel "real" yet but I'm sure he'll get it eventually.

I love Graves but I have trouble imagining him being able to commentate with the freedom he has on NXT. Which is all pretty bizarro when you consider it's Michael Cole in their ears from Gorilla on NXT.

Cole has always been a decent commentator, particularly when he doesn't have to parrot Vince.

Mahonay

Banned
He's taken incredibly quickly to the job but I don't think he's made it past the stage of feeling very scripted/robotic most of the time. He just doesn't feel "real" yet but I'm sure he'll get it eventually.
Corey's definitely not completely natural sounding yet, but yeah that just comes with time. In general his progress as a commentator seems to be coming along incredibly fast compared to others before him.

I really want WWE to lend out a hand to Tazz. Put him back on Smackdown with Cole and it could be a wonderful reunion and the return of good Michael Cole commentary. I know Tazz has been fucking horrendous on commentary in TNA, but I don't think he ever gave a shit during his time there. Both Cole and Tazz were at their best when paired with each other, I think that chemistry could still be there.

Cole has always been a decent commentator, particularly when he doesn't have to parrot Vince.
He's proven many times he has the ability to be much better than what we usually get now, and that he generally has a good mind for the business. He happens to be one of the biggest victims talent wise with the way Vince runs the show now. He's a joke in a lot of people's eyes and I'm sure that sucks for him.

Top Bottom