• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just going to come out and say it. Kota Ibushi has no character in NJPW and it sticks out like a sore thumb. That's fine when you're in the junior division and your only opposition is Taguchi, but this is the heavyweight IWGP division and Ken Doll - The Wrestler ain't doing it.

Tanahashi has the most character he's ever had right now. Nakamura is El Chapo. AJ is the baka gaijin. Shibata is the straight shooter. Naito is THE MOST FLAMBOYANT ENTERTAINER IN WWF HISTORY. Okada is Gedo's pet. Ibushi is just a NJPW young boy without being a young boy.
Damn. Didn't know.

Don't make me pick sides.

NJPW's main event last night was great. Has me all the more excited for Styles/Ibushi.

I've started watching the show and man New Japan needs to do something with Komatsu and Tanaka. They've gotten so sharp in the ring that spending more time as young boys just isn't productive. If Hiromu is really staying with CMLL for the rest of the year, I'd like to see these guys enter the BOSJ and get one or two wins each.

NJPW ON AXS SEASON 2

G1 FOCUSED SEASON

*5/22 has Kushida vs. Taichi, Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Ricochet and the Kushida vs. Ricochet finals in the Best of the Super Junior tournament from June 8, 2014

*5/29 has matches from June 21, 2014 in Osaka, with Alex Shelley & Kushida vs. Young Bucks for the IWGP jr. tag title, Toru Yano & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka and Kota Ibushi vs. Ricochet for the IWGP jr. title. This will be an awesome TV show because the Bucks match and the Ricochet match were incredible.

*6/5 has matches from the same Osaka show, with Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. for the NWA tag title, and Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe for the IWGP tag titles.

*6/12 is the third hour from Osaka with Yuji Nagata & Tomoaki Honma vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata and Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bad Luck Fale for the IC title.

*There is no new show on 6/19

*6/26 airs matches from July 22, 2014, from G-1 with Tanahashi vs. Honma, Okada vs. Styles and Nakamura vs. Shibata.

*7/3 airs matches from July 26, 2014, from G-1, with Yuji Nagata vs. Nakamura, Styles vs. Tetsuya Naito, Okada vs. Karl Anderson and Tanahashi vs. Shibata (an awesome match).

*7/10 airs matches from July 28, 2014, from G-1, with Tanahashi vs. Fale, Nakamura vs. Honma and Okada vs. Naito.

*7/17 airs matches from August 1, 2014 G-1 show at Korakuen Hall, a super card with the 2014 Observer match of the year with Suzuki vs. Styles, Tenzan vs. Goto and the incredible match with Nakamura vs. Tomohiro Ishii.

*7/24 airs matches from the August 3, 2014 G-1 show in Osaka, another incredible show with the Honma vs. Shibata match, Okada vs. Yujiro Takahashi and Tanahashi vs. Nakamura.

*7/31 airs matches from the August 8, 2014 G-1 show in Yokohama, with Nakamura vs. Fale, Togi Makabe vs. Styles (this was the match where Styles got his neck injury from a German superplex), Tanahashi vs. Smith Jr., and Okada vs Suzuki.

*8/7 airs matches from the August 10, 2014 Seibu Dome show with Naito vs. Honma, Ishii vs. Anderson, Goto vs. Shibata and Tanahashi vs. Styles.

*8/14 is the final show of the series, airing the Nakamura vs. Okada G-1 Climax final from the Seibu Dome.

Kaladin

11115763_10153200872038011_5713446244942952277_n.jpg

"So...-siiip-....about Dallas."

Dave also mentioned last night on the radio show that there's heat on Sheamus for the match that airs tonight. People backstage saying he was too reckless and Bryan could have gotten hurt.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've started watching the show and man New Japan needs to do something with Komatsu and Tanaka. They've gotten so sharp in the ring that spending more time as young boys just isn't productive. If Hiromu is really staying with CMLL for the rest of the year, I'd like to see these guys enter the BOSJ and get one or two wins each.

I imagine they'll go soon regardless of where Takahashi's brother ends up. NJPW certainly has the roster to support it and if they just need somebody who can job to everyone, Gedo will make KUSHIDA do it.

3-4 matches on every show means they're probably gonna skip around a lot. I'd rather them do 1-2 matches per show and show the entire match.

There will definitely be some cutting involved but G1 matches don't last as long as the championship fights they've been showing. Each show should be able to include 1 or 2 almost match highlights and then 1 or 2 full ones.

RP912

Banned
Dang Stro back o_o...weclome back :D.

and yes Sting/Trips was FnP looking back at it. Despite the bullshit finish and personal feelings, it was a fun match to watch.

jred2k

Well Sheamus vs Bryan on Smackdown sounds crazy:

First here is his New Theme plus his promo on Small guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgGgixfZSRs

Plus on the match:

Sounds crazy and I wonder if they keep the end where Sheamus
has Bryan's blood across his chest.

Dave also mentioned last night on the radio show that there's heat on Sheamus for the match that airs tonight. People backstage saying he was too reckless and Bryan could have gotten hurt.

Smackdown airs in Canada on Wednesday nights, so its already up online if you just want to watch that match. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2lkjpc_wwe-smackdown-4-2-2015-hdtv-watch-online_tv The match starts around the 1:06:00 mark.

I'm not looking forward to the shit posts here about whether or not he was busted open hardway. It's a stiff punch from Sheamus that does it.

jmdajr

The Terminator shit would have been cool as hell at night. That red eye looking over the crowd with freaking lazer beams and shit. Missed opportunity.

I still think back to how fucking awesome Undertakers entrance was at Wrestlemnia 29. Glad I was there.

Xater

WWE is coming to Germany and I almost want to go. Looks like cool people will be here:

bildschirmfoto2015-042cuon.png

But man why are they still taking Big Show vs Reigns on tour?

The Arnold part of HHH's entrance was pretty lame. Everything else was a mix of cheesy/cool. Then again, it's the Terminator so cheesy/cool comes with the territory so I guess it was a nice entrance.

Sting's anime drums was pretty weird, though. I wonder why they chose to go that route; maybe because Sting's facepaint kinda-sorta-almost looks like kabuki facepaint?

Where is that? Losing in the main event of Wrestlemania? WM proved more than ever that wrestling fans are just contrarians looking to get noticed since they still complained about Roman (who was in an excellent, hard hitting match and lost) while cheering for Bryan (who napped for 13 minutes while his opponents killed themselves and then won and got a big suck up segment, which is what the same fans complained furiously about when it happened to Roman at the Rumble).

Now, the push of Roman Reigns isn't taking the spot of anyone (Danny Bryan's body can't be trusted to be a top guy, Dolph Ziggler has had multiple chances and underwhelms and shit talks his employer in public every time) and is in fact a gift to wrestling fans, who love nothing more than to have someone to feel smart about hating.

Vince McMahon hasn't lost his touch at all. He's more genius than ever, tbh. In addition to all that, you have the NXT flippy floppy guys getting big showcases on Raw and Sheamus being a heel again, which will no doubt turn the internet's opinion on him. There isn't much for WWE fans to be upset about right now. Things are looking pretty good. But then, there are people who genuinely hated Sting/HHH and WM31 as a whole and think liking a few pop songs makes you a gimmick poster.

Well, Bryan's been reckless as fuck since he came back, in terms of the bumps he's been taking, so given the general sense of unease I have at ladder matches anymore, I was honestly kinda glad to see him take it easy in that ladder match.

But yeah, that WM main event was fucking astonishing.

jmdajr

The Arnold part of HHH's entrance was pretty lame. Everything else was a mix of cheesy/cool. Then again, it's the Terminator so cheesy/cool comes with the territory so I guess it was a nice entrance.

Sting's anime drums was pretty weird, though. I wonder why they chose to go that route; maybe because Sting's facepaint kinda-sorta-almost looks like kabuki facepaint?

I think HHH should have had a video package being created in the factory.

In that WWE website interview with Reigns, they are pushing the idea that Roman "had Brock beat" before Seth cashed in. I seem to remember Brock hitting Roman with an F5 before Seth came out. So not only is what they are saying untrue, but it is the complete opposite of what actually happened.

Kaladin

In that WWE website interview with Reigns, they are pushing the idea that Roman "had Brock beat" before Seth cashed in. I seem to remember Brock hitting Roman with an F5 before Seth came out. So not only is what they are saying untrue, but it is the complete opposite of what actually happened.

That F5 could have gone either way, but it looked like Brock was going to make a comeback like he did when he came back from death at the Royal Rumble.

Sephzilla

Absolutely. We've has Conan and now Terminator.

I want Jon Kimble next with like a pack of kids all around.

Triple H comes out in camo from Commando carrying a giant tree log shaped like a sledge hammer

Roman had Brock beat about as much as Triple H had Ultimate Warrior beat.

Kaladin

So guys.....are we truly in a turn around here?

I mean, Mania was good even when people feared the worst.

Raw was great as a follow up.

We even have a reason to watch Smackdown this week.

WTF is going on here?

Sephzilla

WTF is going on here?

No, we aren't. Remember how everyone was saying how great WM30 and Raw after Mania was last year and then everything went down the shitter not long after?

Bandini

WTF is going on here?

Let's just enjoy it while we can and not over think it.

Top Bottom