• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Neville vs Barrett - FnP, flipz and stuff
Ambrose vs Harper - FnP, but too much plunder and not enough brawling
Dolph vs Sheamus - FnP, good, hard-hitting match marred by a dumb stipulation
Kidd/Cesaro vs New Day - FnP, great tag match, Cesaro is so fucking stronk
Cena vs Rusev - lolcenawins and UGH at the prospect of an I Quit match, but this was better than expected. Kinda FnP.
Nikki vs Naomi - fine, but they lost the crowd at one point. Naomi sold well and I liked her new offence.
Roman vs Big Shoe - fuck last man standing matches, this was alternately dull and pretty exciting. Dumb Cena-esque finish for Roman.
Seth vs Randy - solid cage match, until the conflicted Kane shit and overbooked ending. Meh.

Solid PPV overall, especially given the lack of hype. I think I may have enjoyed the tag title match the most, but nothing was offensively bad outside of the Kiss Me Arse stipulation and the overbooked main event. Also, Roman trapping Shoe under an announce table for the finish. Dumb.

KissVibes

Banned
I changed the link to WWE's official post on it.

Orton wants a rematch
Roman Reigns wins KotR and wants his title shot at Payback

That triple threat is happening.

Nobody is going to sub for this. What a lame ass way to bring KotR back.

The new king is here to Reigns over the WWE like its the Roman Empire!

Something something superman punch.

Bleedat.

Baby girl.

That reminds me of the story of Humpty Dumpty etc etc.

BITCH!!!!

At this point it seems like they're just bringing it back to give Reigns another notch on his belt without actually giving him a belt.

I really think this has to do with them freaked out about people leaving the Network now that the free month is over. If this was mostly about boosting Reigns they would have done the KotR over RAW and Smackdown so way more people see it.

XenoRaven

That tag match was great. Cesaro and Kidd look like they have a ton of confidence and New Day was very entertaining. I loved Xavier looking at the crowd and going "Why? What did we do?!"

JavyOO7

KOTR is on Main Event's old slot. I miss watching the latest Main Event episode on the network and it sucks that its on 2 week delay. Hoping that MLB Media and the network team put in a geo block on place soon...

XenoRaven

I hope either Seth says that he didn't use the RKO he used the Diamond Cutter, or that the stipulation was just never written into the contract, he just faked it because he knew Randy wouldn't read it.

New Day deserve the best accolades tonight. Great match.

If you were listening when I was on, no way did you miss it

Big E's athleticism deserves some props. Dude is really fun to watch as he's fast, strong, and manages to jump pretty high.

Xavier is pretty great, I cant put my finger on who he's reminding me of with his mannerisms. Kofi still manages to be Kofi.

KissVibes

Banned
Big E's athleticism deserves some props. Dude is really fun to watch as he's fast, strong, and manages to jump pretty high.

Xavier is pretty great, I cant put my finger on who he's reminding me of with his mannerisms. Kofi still manages to be Kofi.

Does he remind you of D'Lo?

dream

Does he remind you of D'Lo?

And if not D-Lo, which of these wrestlers does he most resemble?:

2 Cold Scorpio
A
ACH (wrestler)
Scoot Andrews
Tony Atlas
Norvell Austin
B
Sasha Banks
Shelton Benjamin
Trenesha Biggers
The Boogeyman (wrestler)
Bobo Brazil
Brickhouse Brown
D'Lo Brown
Leroy Brown (wrestler)
Monty Brown
Slyck Wagner Brown
Elijah Burke
Josette Bynum
C
Cameron (wrestler)
Ray Candy
Chilly Willy (wrestler)
Brodus Clay
Jonathan Coachman
Allen Coage
Tiger Conway Sr.
Charlie Cook (wrestler)
Christina Crawford (wrestler)
D
D-Ray 3000
Dark Journey (wrestling)
Derrick Dukes
F
Alicia Fox
AR Fox
H
Kliff Hanger
Mark Henry
Curtis Hughes
Devon Hughes
Human Tornado
I
Ice Train (wrestler)
J
New Jack
Quinton Jackson
Jazz (wrestler)
Ahmed Johnson
Dwayne Johnson
Sonny King (wrestler)
Burrhead Jones
Rufus R. Jones
S.D. Jones
Tony Jones (wrestler)
Orlando Jordan
JTG
Junkyard Dog
K
Kamala (wrestler)
Ron Killings
Kenny King (wrestler)
Rocky King
Kofi Kingston
Naomi (wrestler)
L
Ernie Ladd
Big E Langston
Bobby Lashley
Muhammed Lawal
Jay Lethal
Luther Lindsay
Tom Lister Jr.
M
Rodney Mack
Willie Mack (wrestler)
Kristal Marshall
Maven (wrestler)
Linda Miles
Ernest Miller
Mo (wrestler)
Jacqueline Moore
N
Prince Nana
O
Quinn Ojinnaka
Titus O'Neil
Onyx (wrestler)
David Otunga
P
King Parsons
Thunderbolt Patterson
Cynthia Peretti
Craig Pittman
Montel Vontavious Porter
R
Stevie Ray
Teddy Reade
Butch Reed
Ricochet (wrestler)
Dennis Rodman
Ranger Ross
Ruckus (wrestler)
S
Sabian (wrestler)
Mustafa Saed
Bob Sapp
Sapphire (wrestler)
Scorpio Sky
Sweet Daddy Siki
Ron Simmons
Otis Sistrunk
Elix Skipper
Slick (wrestling)
Babi Slymm
Viro Small
Norman Smiley
J.T. Smith (wrestler)
Soulman Alex G
Lester Speight
Damian Steele
Kia Stevens
Woody Strode
Sharmell Sullivan-Huffman
Rich Swann
T
Booker T (wrestler)
Mr. T
Michael Tarver
Sailor Art Thomas
Shag Thomas
Randy Thornton
Frank Trigg
Mike Tyson
U
Uhaa Nation
V
Virgil (wrestler)
Viscera (wrestler)
W
Koko B. Ware
Abraham Washington
Percy Watson
George Wells (wrestler)
Pez Whatley
Xavier Woods
Bearcat Wright
Charles Wright (wrestler)
Y
Darren Young
Skip Young (wrestler)

miserable

you know, WWE ppvs are like Nintendo Directs: you either fall for the hype and go in expecting great things but you end up disappointed, or you don't expect anything yet you still get disappointed

2ChnuGV.png

Neville vs Barrett - FnP, flipz and stuff
Ambrose vs Harper - FnP, but too much plunder and not enough brawling
Dolph vs Sheamus - FnP, good, hard-hitting match marred by a dumb stipulation
Kidd/Cesaro vs New Day - FnP, great tag match, Cesaro is so fucking stronk
Cena vs Rusev - lolcenawins and UGH at the prospect of an I Quit match, but this was better than expected. Kinda FnP.
Nikki vs Naomi - fine, but they lost the crowd at one point. Naomi sold well and I liked her new offence.
Roman vs Big Shoe - fuck last man standing matches, this was alternately dull and pretty exciting. Dumb Cena-esque finish for Roman.
Seth vs Randy - solid cage match, until the conflicted Kane shit and overbooked ending. Meh.

Solid PPV overall, especially given the lack of hype. I think I may have enjoyed the tag title match the most, but nothing was offensively bad outside of the Kiss Me Arse stipulation and the overbooked main event. Also, Roman trapping Shoe under an announce table for the finish. Dumb.

Yeah, I agree with this. It wasn't terrible however there's no real reason to have an 'Extreme Rules' PPV that forces unneeded stipulations and gimmicks into a feud simply 'because'.

Alucard

Banned
Sounds like an okay show overall. I'll have to go out of my way to see the Neville match. Disappointed that Kidd and Cesaro had to give up the belts, but it's a way to keep building the tag division, so it's not all bad.

Kaladin

I almost fell asleep on that main event. It was okay, but eh...by that point I was done.

What will I take away from this PPV?

That was the most PG ass kissing I've ever seen....and they couldn't even call it an ass!

JavyOO7

This video is neat but what really captured me is the song. Thankfully someone in the comments mentioned the name of the song and google led me here. Its awesome.

Now, if someone can help me figure out the song in 21:45 of the Max Landis wrestling video that'd be great too. =p

Toki767

So Cena is really going to beat Rusev 3 times in a row?

I know Cena just does as he's told but even he has to realize how stupid that is unless he doesn't know how wrestling works either.

Paracelsus

I like one thing of the texas bullrope match. In 2004 it was one puny rope and a dumb cowbell attached to it. JBL ended the match a bloody mess and the finish kept Eddie strong. In 2015 it was a CHAIN and neither got even one scratch or even thought of hitting the other in the skull (as if Cena would ever gain advantage by hitting people with a rolled up chain) and gain the advantage. Not even choking, not even the STFU with the chain around the neck kinda like when Cena did it to Orton with the handcuffs at Breaking Point. Or Umaga at RR2007.

Top Bottom