• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Alucard

Banned
So Cena is really going to beat Rusev 3 times in a row?

I know Cena just does as he's told but even he has to realize how stupid that is unless he doesn't know how wrestling works either.

I didn't mind the Mania match at all, but yeah, this would be overkill.

Heel

I'm telling you, "Old-Timey Weightlifter" is Cesaro's "Stone Cold" moment just waiting to happen.

yIgxekX.jpg

Let him lead a faction with The Vaudevillains and you're printing money.

I'm telling you, "Old-Timey Weightlifter" is Cesaro's "Stone Cold" moment just waiting to happen.

yIgxekX.jpg

Let him lead a faction with The Vaudevillains and you're printing money.

i been sayin this forever. just make him Aiden English's older brother. Cesaro English.

Who is meant to be the heel in the divas match? I'm so confused. The crowd cheer for the Bellas but they still do the bad heel things lol.

If they're both heels then thats ok, something different. If so its funny cause Naomi the noob heel tryin' to be tough but still gets schooled by the real evil queens.

#bellaarmy4life

Recall

Match of the PPV goes to the Tag Title Match everything else on the card was quite dull especially that main event, it was very underwhelming.

Alucard

Banned
Who is meant to be the heel in the divas match? I'm so confused. The crowd cheer for the Bellas but they still do the bad heel things lol.

If they're both heels then thats ok, something different. If so its funny cause Naomi the noob heel tryin' to be tough but still gets schooled by the real evil queens.

#bellaarmy4life

You may have missed the memo that the WWE doesn't believe in making women faces or heels. They're all just supposed to be catty and at each other's throats.

#OutOfTouch

Toki767

I don't know why but Naomi's new entrance just reminds me of a poorer version of Sasha Banks. From the entrance music to the attire to the attitude.

I guess I should have known better than to try and read too much into the womens match. :(

Here is all you need to know with main roster divas, they're either:

- Catty bitch.
- Whore with man trouble.
- Crazy.
- 'Anti-diva.'

Why can't we have girl wrestler who tries hard and worked her butt off to get where she is, achieves girlhood dream after many attempts at overcoming catty bitch to be champion and is loved and respected?

Kaitlyn sorta had that with her program with Eve, it was a nice moment when she won but her thing quickly reverted back to 'just an unimportant divas match' soon after. :(

Hasney

I guess I should have known better than to try and read too much into the womens match. :(

Here is all you need to know with main roster divas, they're either:

- Catty bitch.
- Whore with man trouble.
- Crazy.
- 'Anti-diva.'

Why can't we have girl wrestler who tries hard and worked her butt off to get where she is, achieves girlhood dream after many attempts at overcoming catty bitch to be champion and is loved and respected?

Kaitlyn sorta had that with her program with Eve, it was a nice moment when she won but her thing quickly reverted back to 'just an unimportant divas match' soon after. :(

save_us.blue_pants

Alucard

Banned
So, Jericho is interviewing Steph after Smackdown this week?

Also, this Barrett/Neville kickoff match is as good as you can hope for from a pre-show. Neville is so damn good. Not sure how I feel about him kicking out of Winds of Change -and- Wasteland in the same match, though. Still, a fine opener, and the Red Arrow is so damn beautiful.

Ud0jaIg.gif

..I do wish people would stop chanting "NXT" during his matches, though.

Alucard

Banned
Vince must have been in Cole's ear during the tag match last night. First thing Cole says after New Day wins:

"Kofi stole the titles!"

'cism.

Hasney

So, Jericho is interviewing Steph after Smackdown this week?

Also, this Barrett/Neville kickoff match is as good as you can hope for from a pre-show. Neville is so damn good. Not sure how I feel about him kicking out of Winds of Change -and- Wasteland in the same match, though. Still, a fine opener, and the Red Arrow is so damn beautiful.

Ud0jaIg.gif

..I do wish people would stop chanting "NXT" during his matches, though.

The bullhamer is his officially official finisher now.

Toki767

Barrett has never pinned anyone with the winds of change. Just like how Ziggler has never pinned anyone with Billy Gunn's move. Not sure why people would be surprised when someone kicks out of them.

Xater

Reaction from to Extreme Rules seem to be int he range from terrible to mediocre. Really doesn't sounds like something I need to waste my time on.

Alucard

Banned
Reaction from to Extreme Rules seem to be int he range from terrible to mediocre. Really doesn't sounds like something I need to waste my time on.

Check out the Neville match on the pre-show, and the tag title match. Both were pretty good and enjoyable.

klonere

Banned
watched up until the tag match then went to bed. feel likes I got the best of the show? that kane/rollins/HHH segment really made it feel like an episode of Raw though. Read the results of the other matches, seems like we are just standing still on all storylines.

Oh yeah and now the New Day are over. The power of Cesaro can get anyone over clearly.

Sephzilla

I thought Extreme Rules was decent. It was a C+, maybe B-, show.

Match of the night was New Day vs Cesaro/Kidd. Fun as hell match and Xavier Woods is fantastic as a talker. Worst match of the night was Big Show vs Roman. That match went on for fucking ever, Roman basically had Super-Cena spots, and they basically recycled the Big Show/Del Rio ending. Seth vs Orton was what I expected it to be, decent match that boils down into The Authority interfering and then Seth doing something sneaky to retain the belt (cuz he's obviously not dropping it a month after Mania). Rollins should have been DQ'd for using the RKO and in fact that would have been a better ending to the match because Rollins would have used his own stipulation in order to keep the title.

Really wish Rusev/Cena wasn't going to continue on until Payback. Rusev is absolutely going to be Bray Wyatt 2.0 by the time this is done.

klonere

Banned
I thought Extreme Rules was decent. It was a C+, maybe B-, show.

Match of the night was New Day vs Cesaro/Kidd. Fun as hell match and Xavier Woods is fantastic as a talker. Worst match of the night was Big Show vs Roman. That match went on for fucking ever, Roman basically had Super-Cena spots, and they basically recycled the Big Show/Del Rio ending. Seth vs Orton was what I expected it to be, decent match that boils down into The Authority interfering and then Seth doing something sneaky to retain the belt (cuz he's obviously not dropping it a month after Mania). Rollins should have been DQ'd for using the RKO and in fact that would have been a better ending to the match because Rollins would have used his own stipulation in order to keep the title.

Really wish Rusev/Cena wasn't going to continue on until Payback. Rusev is absolutely going to be Bray Wyatt 2.0 by the time this is done.

I hope the New Day/Kiddcesaro feud gets some fucking mic/promo time because they both have had entertaining segments.

Oh yeah, I actually really really liked the Wyatt promo from the PPV as well. They have royally fucked Bray Wyatt up for real.

Sephzilla

I want to believe that Rusev will bounce back fine after his Cena feud is over because he's better than Bray Wyatt in every way except for promo work, but Jesus Christ losing to Cena in three straight PPVs feels like a kiss of death.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Big E has been capable of entertaining matches for quite some time - I remember sitting up and paying attention in the early days of Rusev's monster build and really enjoying those two going at it. It's good to see that wasn't just a one-off.

Top Bottom