• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Sephzilla

If there's ONE thing about Seth's title run i'm not excited for, it's more Big Show and Kane. If the roster wasn't already so heel heavy in the mid-upper card I'd want Seth to reunite The Shield and have Roman and Dean be his muscle

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This DDP/Bret match is good as hell. Back and back without no punches pulled.

On another note with Mania 31 being out of the way. Did it truly surpassed 30 or it was just a good Mania?

I still feel as though Mania 30 was the best one yet because of the atmosphere, the matches, and the fact that it felt like a new beginning. WM 31 was good despite the card looking like shit and the worst buildup since WM9. However, it just didn't hit me as hard as last years.

I don't think 30 was topped but it was an excellent show. 30 was truly unique and special in a lot of respects that simply can't be compared.

On another note with Mania 31 being out of the way. Did it truly surpassed 30 or it was just a good Mania?

I still feel as though Mania 30 was the best one yet because of the atmosphere, the matches, and the fact that it felt like a new beginning. WM 31 was good despite the card looking like shit and the worst buildup since WM9. However, it just didn't hit me as hard as last years.

30 felt special and the whole show just had a great flow to it. 31 was good but it had some peaks and valleys with nothing feeling spectacular except the title match.

Heroman

Banned
Again, Seth and Dean's flaws were hidden in the group as well. Seth is the only member of the group to have overcome and improved upon his flaws since the break up, and that took him a solid 6 months of intensive promo work on every show. Dean has proven himself to be very limited in the ring and delivered a lot of goofy/bad promos like Roman. So what is the difference between Dean and Roman?

1. Dean was on the indies, so he's automatically better
2. Dean wasn't marked as the next top guy
3. Dean is white

Which one is it?
Caused eean has put on better matches than roman and has had better feuds than him to, Also when he is given shit he can turn it into gold unlike roman. And nobody cares if he from the indies or not. More importantly dean is a better wrestler.

best part of WM30

iW83ZH67G00FP.gif

Fox318

For a Seth vs Brock match I want a training montage of Seth doing really wacky cross fit and rope climbing.

Then show brock picking up trees and cars.

RP912

Banned
Another thing about 31 was that long ass segment with Trips, Rock, Steph and Ronda. I know they were killing time for Taker's entrance but ugh...it really killed the vibe of the whole event. Taker had a daylight entrance and it was probably underrated imo. Dude came out with a crow.

strobogo

Banned
Caused edean has put on better matches than roman and has had better feuds than him to, Alps when he given shit he can turn it into gold. And nobody cares if he from the indies or not.

Oh? What great matches has Dean had that didn't involve Seth Rollins, who Roman will be feuding with for months? Those barn burners with Bray Wyatt? Solid TV matches with John Cena?

We know that Dean is capable of cutting at least a decent promo, but they're all badly written and he's never bothered trying to improve on them. He's super ok with where he's at. The ultimate """"millenial"""". I don't think i've ever seen a good Roman Reigns promo though, unless he's had some solid ones in the past 3 months of so.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Again, Seth and Dean's flaws were hidden in the group as well. Seth is the only member of the group to have overcome and improved upon his flaws since the break up, and that took him a solid 6 months of intensive promo work on every show. Dean has proven himself to be very limited in the ring and delivered a lot of goofy/bad promos like Roman. So what is the difference between Dean and Roman?

1. Dean was on the indies, so he's automatically better
2. Dean wasn't marked as the next top guy
3. Dean is white

Which one is it?

1,2,3, in that order

We know that Dean is capable of cutting at least a decent promo, but they're all badly written and he's never bothered trying to improve on them. He's super ok with where he's at. The ultimate """"millenial"""". I don't think i've ever seen a good Roman Reigns promo though, unless he's had some solid ones in the past 3 months of so.

Because Reigns' promos are so well written?

Heroman

Banned
Oh? What great matches has Dean had that didn't involve Seth Rollins, who Roman will be feuding with for months? Those barn burners with Bray Wyatt? Solid TV matches with John Cena?
His matches with cena on raw was better than any match I seen with roman, and bray matches were good expect the finish of the one at TLC. And his performance in the ladder match at both mitb and wm 31 were fantastic.

WM31 is going to age terribly.

Sephzilla

How many matches has Dean had in the last half a year that haven't been with Seth or Bray? It felt like Dean was fighting Bray forever. His match with Cena was really good though. Also, Deans matches with Bray were superior to any of Roman's single's efforts.

DMczaf

For a Seth vs Brock match I want a training montage of Seth doing really wacky cross fit and rope climbing.

Then show brock picking up trees and cars.

And showing up at random weekend cross fit sessions at the park and destroying soccer moms and midlife crisis dads

tumblr_inline_n7ybxvYVT41rd78h0.gif

Dean's doing the best with his interviews that he possibly can. The alternative would be to bitch about it, be branded a whiner, and have the writers hate him. Everyone who leaves the WWE says that the atmosphere is poisonous there. Rollins avoided this by being pulled into the Authority which is obviously treated different that everyone else. Ambrose does need to seriously upgrade his offense in the ring though.

strobogo

Banned
Oh don't get me wrong, Roman's hair is a Hall of Famer for sure, Dean just has a better face and a better build. I would say his hair may even be better than 2tones' hair

Dean has that sexy esophageal cancer voice, too. Maybe you're right about him, sis.

His matches with cena on raw was better than any match I seen with roman, and bray matches were good expect the finish of the one at TLC. And his performance in the ladder match at both mitb and wm 31 were fantastic.

You think the Cena/Dean match on Raw was better than Roman vs Bryan and Roman vs Brock? What did he do in the ladder matches that were fantastic, if you don't mind me asking? Kind of hard to pay attention to guys killing themselves with terrible bumps for no reason, ya know?

Bandini

Popcornmania is running wild in my office. I guess someone burned the shit out of some microwave popcorn, it must be coming through the air vents. I have kernel fumes in my eyes.

Fox318

And showing up at random weekend cross fit sessions at the park and destroying soccer moms and midlife crisis dads

Just show people doing deadlifts and give brock a fake metal bar to bend and make a pretzel out of it.

All while saying "puny humans no match for bork"

Sephzilla

Roman Reigns wasn't the reason Bryan/Roman or Brock/Roman were entertaining. Bryan did the work on a ton of the spots in their match. Brock/Roman was Brock stomping Roman away for 15 minutes until Seth showed up.

Heroman

Banned
Dean has that sexy esophageal cancer voice, too. Maybe you're right about him, sis.

You think the Cena/Dean match on Raw was better than Roman vs Bryan and Roman vs Brock? What did he do in the ladder matches that were fantastic, if you don't mind me asking? Kind of hard to pay attention to guys killing themselves with terrible bumps for no reason, ya know?
Bryan vs roman was boring and Brock vs roman vs Brock be cena two without the impact of Brock suplexing cena 16 ti!mes. The first ladder match at mitb set up the fantastic Seth vs dean feud and dean did some great spot and was a troop er throughout the match.

strobogo

Banned
WM31 is going to age terribly.

That's okay. People need to relearn how to enjoy what they're watching while they are watching it and not worry about the future. Can't believe how many posts after WM I saw in the vein of, "Yeah but how long are they going to let Seth hold the title?" instead of enjoying the scene.

William regal?
Bryan?

You might as well count indie matches if you're counting the ones with Regal, since they were in a warehouse in front of 45 people. Rollins and Roman have both had better matches with Bryan than Dean. Even during Shield, Roman and Bryan had that really fun match on Smackdown. And Roman for sure outshined Bryan at Fastlane.

Roman Reigns wasn't the reason Bryan/Roman or Brock/Roman were entertaining. Bryan did the work on a ton of the spots in their match. Brock/Roman was Brock stomping Roman away for 15 minutes until Seth showed up.

Lol. The one connecting factor between those two matches isn't the reason either were good. I've missed being home.

I just want to say that as bad as Sept-Dec is fro wrestling. Its just plain bad sometimes. This has been a great few weeks.

I spent 12 hours watching WWE this past weekend. HOF, WM RAW.
And it was QUALITY stuff.

Heroman

Banned
That's okay. People need to relearn how to enjoy what they're watching while they are watching it and not worry about the future. Can't believe how many posts after WM I saw in the vein of, "Yeah but how long are they going to let Seth hold the title?" instead of enjoying the scene.

You might as well count indie matches if you're counting the ones with Regal, since they were in a warehouse in front of 45 people. Rollins and Roman have both had better matches with Bryan than Dean. Even during Shield, Roman and Bryan had that really fun match on Smackdown. And Roman for sure outshined Bryan at Fastlane.
How can roman outshine Bryan when, Bryan carried the whole match?

Because Reigns' promos are so well written?

They both have badly written promos, but at least I've seen solid stuff from Dean on the indies (call it a Ledger Joker impression all you want, I still love the "i'm a sick guy" promo), and he's fine at delivering the shitty ones. I've never seen a Reigns promo that'd make me think that he could deliver something good.

Dean's doing the best with his interviews that he possibly can. The alternative would be to bitch about it, be branded a whiner, and have the writers hate him. Everyone who leaves the WWE says that the atmosphere is poisonous there. Rollins avoided this by being pulled into the Authority which is obviously treated different that everyone else. Ambrose does need to seriously upgrade his offense in the ring though.

Yeah. I think it was on Jericho's podcast (?) where he admitted that he pretty much doesn't like any of the promo scripts he's been given. Also, yeah, basically damned if you do, damned if you don't type thing.

Sephzilla

Lol. The one connecting factor between those two matches isn't the reason either were good. I've missed being home.

You breathe air when you get married and take a nice shit, but that doesn't mean air was the good part of either of those. Roman isn't a terrible wrestler what so ever, but he's a lot like Cena in the sense that he only looks good when he has a better dance partner. The difference between Roman and Cena is that Cena can actually cut a good promo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did anyone catch Style's promos at the New Japan road show the other day? Reminded me how terrible he is on the mic. Say what you want about Karl Anderson, but at least he has delivery and knows how to cut a promo to the Japanese audience.
I made a post basically about that. AJ's a bad heel and I almost kind of said something positive about Bullet Club.

I wanted to get your thoughts about what I said about Ibushi as well.
Pretty split on the last Roads to Invasion Attacks, but the highs outweighed the lows.

-Ibushi drastically needs a new look or something for me personally. It's fine as the super babyface but every time he tries to show this new 'attitude' since coming back, it's laughable. He looks like a juiced up teenager having hormonal problems.

+Ibushi and Naito work really well together and even look like a tag team without changing anything about themselves

+Yujiro is turning out to be the best Bullet Club partner for AJ, honestly. They work really well together and both guys are incredible at bumping. Pretty much everybody in the main eventer is a good bumper and seller, so it added a lot and made it feel very different than a Tanahashi or Okada or even Shinsuke match.

+This is the only positive Bullet Club as a whole thing I'll say, it's helping out AJ a lot by being associated with it because he is not a very good heel. But he's one of the guys I like watching most right now in wrestling, so it balances out.

+Yohei and Sho are fucking ready. More ready than whoever the fuck ROH clown Fale tries to bring in for BOSJ. Yohei should go to CMLL, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sho in GWF for an excursion.

-Ishii needs several months off to rest. He'll get a bigger pop just for being gone for so long to the fanbase, and he won't end up in a wheelchair. Frankly, I'm tired of his shtick and Honma is pretty much taking his spot as 'Kill yourself for our amusement! one more match!'

+/-Makabe 'OI IM A TOUGH GUY' also needs to be gone. Yet at the same time, I enjoy his sweets gimmick. So I don't know. He's also over and has been for a very long time, so I don't know.

- The juniors six man tag has pretty much everyone I hate in NJPW in one match. Omega seems like he's a mark for himself and feels overly familiar. Trent looks like he should be wrestling in a backyard fed somewhere and RAPONGI VICE is a worse theme than Cesaro's

+Tenzan/Kojima was way better than it had any business being.

scabro

Oh don't get me wrong, Roman's hair is a Hall of Famer for sure, Dean just has a better face and a better build. I would say his hair may even be better than 2tones' hair
Better than Seth-kun's magnificent duo-chromatic mane? Come on, friend. Dean's hairline is retreating faster than The Wesker after a Heel post.

strobogo

Banned
How can roman outshine Braun when, Bryan carried the whole match?

Roman sold better, was far more explosive and exciting, looked crisper. Just about everything you could be better at, Roman looked better than Bryan in that match. Which I'm sure was just how great Bryan is to make him "look strong" or something. Some time, Bryan's fans are going to come to the realization that Bryan is not the same wrestler on any level since returning from his injury. He's smaller, slower, less explosive, his matches have less psychology. He's done a good job of distracting people by continuing to take stupid bumps to prove he's "back", but he's not the same guy and is on the fast track to Kurt Angle-ing himself.

Ambrose to me is the perfect upper midcard talent. Passionate but unambitous, willing to do the job but knows his worth so he doesn't look embarrassing, a solid ring hand and able to get the crowd behind his promos. He's got enough energy to be fun to watch and while he may not be in line for the world title for a long time he'll never sink to Zack Ryder levels

Recall

Yeah 3 4 star matches are going age terribly.

Simply Wrestlemania 30 and 31 are two good shows back to back and thats hard thing to do.

There was 1 four star match at Mania 31, the main event. That ladder match is barely good, 3 people in it fucking did nothing too.

Scott Keith > Dave Meltzer. Then. Now. Forever.

Top Bottom