• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

strobogo

Banned
Gals there is room enough for both
tumblr_nki47nNR4F1tcud06o2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_inline_nhxyfnqft81r3j099.gif

uqCa6Kg.gif

Heartwarming

- The juniors six man tag has pretty much everyone I hate in NJPW in one match. Omega seems like he's a mark for himself and feels overly familiar. Trent looks like he should be wrestling in a backyard fed somewhere and RAPONGI VICE is a worse theme than Cesaro's
ugh, it's so bad. Yet it's easy to get into my head despite that i've only listened to it once, and i think it's because of how repetitive it is, not it being catchy
Ambrose to me is the perfect upper midcard talent. Passionate but unambitous, willing to do the job but knows his worth so he doesn't look embarrassing, a solid ring hand and able to get the crowd behind his promos. He's got enough energy to be fun to watch and while he may not be in line for the world title for a long time he'll never sink to Zack Ryder levels

hm, that sounds about right. maybe they'll give him a pity World Title transitional reign in like 10 years for his service

I liked the result of WM 30 main event better because it was awesome seeing Bryan win the belt but I liked the match itself of 31 better. Don't remember much about 30 except the double team RKO-Batista bomb and Batista tapping at the end.

Sephzilla

Roman sold better, was far more explosive and exciting, looked crisper. Just about everything you could be better at, Roman looked better than Bryan in that match. Which I'm sure was just how great Bryan is to make him "look strong" or something. Some time, Bryan's fans are going to come to the realization that Bryan is not the same wrestler on any level since returning from his injury. He's smaller, slower, less explosive, his matches have less psychology. He's done a good job of distracting people by continuing to take stupid bumps to prove he's "back", but he's not the same guy and is on the fast track to Kurt Angle-ing himself.

Bryan's only been back in action for what, 3 months? Isn't it a little early to write him to that degree?

There was 1 four star match at Mania 31, the main event. That ladder match is barely good, 3 people in it fucking did nothing too.

Scott Keith > Dave Meltzer. Then. Now. Forever.

The Rusev match was alright too, though I might not be able to watch that in the future as it could potentially be the sad turning point of Alexander's career.

Sephzilla

Not if a guy who is apparently just so bad and not ready looked so much better than him.

Except Roman hasn't looked better than him. Well, unless you're talking about better looking in a mirror. I don't doubt for a second that if Bryan went back to his WM28 look he would get more consideration for the main event again.

I think it's kind of funny that you slam Bryan for taking a 13 minute nap at Mania when Roman took an even longer nap during the Royal Rumble.

somedevil

There was 1 four star match at Mania 31, the main event. That ladder match is barely good, 3 people in it fucking did nothing too.

You know a lot of people enjoyed Wrestlemania 31. I'm sorry you did not.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Fucking bizarro land in here where people think Reigns is actually better than Bryan.

I really hope Vince is done with his Reigns fetish. The guy fucking sucks.

Sephzilla

Is it wrong that I kinda wish Roman went over just to hear and see the reaction?

The ending to WM31 would have been entertaining no matter what.

Brock wins = More God King

Seth wins = The best heel in the company is champ

Roman wins = Mania crowd and Raw after Mania crowds eat him alive

It could be worse. Where Ambrose is right now if he was put in the world title picture next week I don't think the crowd would bat an eye

ph I'm not really saying that as a bad thing, especially if they decide to make their midcard not shit sometime within that next decade

Fox318

The ending to WM31 would have been entertaining no matter what.

Brock wins = More God King

Seth wins = The best heel in the company is champ

Roman wins = Mania crowd and Raw after Mania crowds eat him alive

Plus the fact that Vince just paid Brock a shit ton of money just to have him job on the largest stage.

Sephzilla

Plus the fact that Vince just paid Brock a shit ton of money just to have him job on the largest stage.

Roman winning would have been entertaining as fuck from a "i want to watch the world burn" perspective. But after that wears off you're stuck with the sick feeling of Roman Reigns being champion until SummerSlam

Sephzilla

After letting it sink in a bit more, I'm happy that Seth is champ but I'm a little disappointed that Brock's monster title reign and The Streak rub were beaten with some Money in the Bank bullshit.

If Roman had won we would be stuck with 6'4 built 270 pound champion with movie star looks and who gets a reaction every time he comes out, which is every single week. That would be terrible.

Hasney

After letting it sink in a bit more, I'm happy that Seth is champ but I'm a little disappointed that Brock's monster title reign and The Streak rub were beaten with some Money in the Bank bullshit.

Brock can always get the title back, then rub off on whoever he chooses.

Sephzilla

If Roman had won we would be stuck with 6'4 built 270 pound champion with movie star looks and who gets a reaction every time he comes out, which is every single week. That would be terrible.

Yeah but the other two guys get bigger reactions. Roman's lucky to get Cena-tier mixed reactions at this point, to be honest. Pushing him too soon I think permanently fucked up how fans react to him.

Think about it as the only way it could be "beaten" and not actually beaten straight up, the rub remains.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
They both have badly written promos, but at least I've seen solid stuff from Dean on the indies (call it a Ledger Joker impression all you want, I still love the "i'm a sick guy" promo), and he's fine at delivering the shitty ones. I've never seen a Reigns promo that'd make me think that he could deliver something good.

Yeah. I think it was on Jericho's podcast (?) where he admitted that he pretty much doesn't like any of the promo scripts he's been given. Also, yeah, basically damned if you do, damned if you don't type thing.

Yea; although I suspect Reigns / Ambrose / Rollins could push back on promos - they may all be walking on eggshells as a whole and decide to just roll with it.

Reigns had some AWESOME heel promos in NXT. The dude could easily turn into a Rock-lite if they had him pin Lesnar and turn heel the next night on RAW. I think his best place right now is as muscle for Rollins, along with Ambrose. The storyline makes sense to me that Reigns turns heel because the fans are assholes, and Ambrose joins Rollins because he's seeing that trying to do the right thing isn't working, and that buying in was the right way to go. Reigns goes after Cena, Ambrose after Bryan, and Big Show and Kane can be Enforcer types who don't participate in matches much, while as Ambrose and Reigns protect Rollins.

Does Scott Keith do stuff any more? I miss him. Rantsylvania was awesome.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How was that Lucha Underground six person tag match? Had to turn it off right before.
Pentagon had a promo that was like 'My team sucks, but I'm awesome so fuck it I'll still win.' which was awesome. There was an awful springboard cutter roll thing that made me sigh.

I don't know, I'm probably not the person to ask overall, but Pentagon looked awesome and Big Ryck's team looked awesome except for Deadshot or whatever his name is. The fuck who did the springboard roll cutter.
tumblr_nm5z53acTl1snhdpvo1_500.gif

strobogo

Banned
Except Roman hasn't looked better than him. Well, unless you're talking about better looking in a mirror. I don't doubt for a second that if Bryan went back to his WM28 look he would get more consideration for the main event again.

I think it's kind of funny that you slam Bryan for taking a 13 minute nap at Mania when Roman took an even longer nap during the Royal Rumble.

I guess you missed the part that I brought that up in direct comparison to all the backlash that Roman got for doing the same thing at the Rumble, but no one wants to talk about Bryan being a non-factor in the ladder match while everyone else took huge bumps and died. If they do, they are HAPPY he didn't have to do anything. And then the 5 legends suck up that was the most cringeworthy segment of the show, yet people loved it when the thing with Rock/Roman was no where near as gross and people lost their minds over it.

I was directly pointing out the hypocrisy over how Bryan and Roman are treated. I don't know how you could have missed it.

Tyson you lucky bastard. And you were the first most likely.

dgycPJR.gif

Sephzilla

I guess you missed the part that I brought that up in direct comparison to all the backlash that Roman got for doing the same thing at the Rumble, but no one wants to talk about Bryan being a non-factor in the ladder match while everyone else took huge bumps and died. If they do, they are HAPPY he didn't have to do anything. And then the 5 legends suck up that was the most cringeworthy segment of the show, yet people loved it when the thing with Rock/Roman was no where near as gross and people lost their minds over it.

I was directly pointing out the hypocrisy over how Bryan and Roman are treated. I don't know how you could have missed it.

Apologies, I did just straight up miss that part

Pentagon had a promo that was like 'My team sucks, but I'm awesome so fuck it I'll still win.' which was awesome. There was an awful springboard cutter roll thing that made me sigh.

I don't know, I'm probably not the person to ask overall, but Pentagon looked awesome and Big Ryck's team looked awesome except for Deadshot or whatever his name is. The fuck who did the springboard roll cutter.
tumblr_nm5z53acTl1snhdpvo1_500.gif

POOOUUUUUNNNNCCCEE

Period.

somedevil

NXT news on the San Jose:

We all know that WrestleMania 31 was a huge success for the WWE, but the NXT brand also had their biggest weekend to date. The NXT event that took place in San Jose during the WrestleMania weekend drew approximately 4,700 fans and is considered a sellout for the venue. On top of that, the ticket sales were great as they pulled in over $200,000. Consider that this show was added late, was advertised as a house show, and no matches were announced ahead of tickets going on sale and this is great news.

Wow. They should do a show before every pay per view now.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Hey guys, stop trying to make Natalya happen.

Rollins didn't get the streak rub, they're saving that for Summerslam. :)

kirblar

I wonder if NXT starting to actually draw fans might let them reduce the main roster to a single touring group.

Also, THATS what Ambrose looks like with his hair slicked back? Dude really needs to be using that as his day to day.

strobogo

Banned
Lol, how on earth did Rollin's pinning Roman do anything to Brock's breaking of the streak rub? Everyone is so negative. Just finding reasons to be mad at stuff now.

Top Bottom