• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Roman sold better, was far more explosive and exciting, looked crisper. Just about everything you could be better at, Roman looked better than Bryan in that match. Which I'm sure was just how great Bryan is to make him "look strong" or something. Some time, Bryan's fans are going to come to the realization that Bryan is not the same wrestler on any level since returning from his injury. He's smaller, slower, less explosive, his matches have less psychology. He's done a good job of distracting people by continuing to take stupid bumps to prove he's "back", but he's not the same guy and is on the fast track to Kurt Angle-ing himself.

Roman's facials are not good. His mouth contorts, but he has no conviction in his eyes to sell the idea that he's toughing his way through pain. Him laughing at the Brock beating was the first time he did something interesting with his selling.

And Bryan was clearly setting the pace and story of that match, which is what both Roman and Bray both struggle with and why their Bryan matches were so awesome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince, I know we've disagreed in the past. But right now, I proudly stand beside you.

God it's delicious.

Honorable mention goes to Captain Crunch, but it hurts too much to eat.

Cereals

1. Golden Grahams
2. Crunch Berries
3. Fruity Pebbles
4. Corn Pops
5. Raisin Bran Crunch

True story, Raisin Bran Crunch used to offer boxer shorts if you mailed in enough box tops or whatever. So a friend and I did it. On the back of the boxer shorts it said "Breakfast is Back". So for some reason, my friend, while at school decided it would be a good idea to get the attention of one of the teachers by calling her name, pulling down his pants and exclaiming that breakfast is back.

For clarification purposes we each got our own pair. We didn't share.
Raisin Bran Crunch was good. Never enjoyed fruity cereals except Froot Loops. I enjoyed Raisin Nut Bran a LOT. Loved that ish.

RP912

Banned
Sawft frosted mini wheats is greatness. The closest thing to heaven next to adding your own sugar to corn flakes.

XenoRaven

I tried Trix recently and it was straight ass.

Frosted Mini-Wheats are great. They're basically tied with Raisin Bran Crunch for me.

Sephzilla

Fave Five Cereals
1- Frosted Mini Wheats
2- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
3- Captain Crunch
4- Fruit Loops
5- Coco Pebbles

Honorable Mention - Lucky Charms, Honey Nut Cheerios

I don't think it's even a competition, best cereal of all time are Frosted Mini-Wheats. Especially when you let them get
SyzWENI.gif
This isn't true at all!
But at least it gives Bray a program to work with. Right now 2 of the 3 don't have a program and Bray just had a huge loss.

You could have guys cut some good promos and let them have at it.
It also would be out of nowhere. Rowan and Harper have been space-fillers (Harper especially; Sin Cara displayed more emotion than Harper during that clusterfuck IC title build-up the past few weeks), and Bray has been doing jack shit for the past year. Why would anyone care when there's nothing on the line?

On the other hand, if you give that program to the Shield, then you can throw the belt in there, and people will automatically care because there's something on the line. Not to mention the fact that Dean never got his revenge on Seth, and Roman has a desire to get back a belt that he might've had a chance at winning.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This thread was as 'dark' now as it was before anyone got banned. It has been no different, and it will continue to be no different until people stop antagonistically watching wrestling. Until people stop watching wrestling because 'they've always watched wrestling' and watch it because they want to watch it, whatever promotion it may be.

Carnby

You said one of the reasons anyone doesn't like Roman is because he's not white. When you make a generalization like that, your including us. Just like your pedo comment that got you banned.

The last two months weren't dark. There was less shilling and less accusations which makes me fucking love it by default.

NoRéN

People hate Reigns in here??

I didn't get the memo. I thought it was mainly criticism because of his lack of build up and development of character...that's what I got from my end.

Dude's alright over this side of the neighborhood.
All just hyperbole. Here's how it works: bitch about Cena always winning. Pick some "underdog" as the new favorite and demand that wrestler always win. Bitch when that doesn't happen despite that it would make that person the new Cena. Bitch about the new "top guy" no matter what even if you used to like him because reasons.

Basically, just bitch a lot.

Reigns could continue to improve in the ring, have someone other the Vince write his promos, donate all his money to charity, and dedicate his spare time to helping smarks lose weight and dress better. People will still bitch.

jmdajr

NoRéN;158609929 said:
All just hyperbole. Here's how it works: bitch about Cena always winning. Pick some "underdog" as the new favorite and demand that wrestler always win. Bitch when that doesn't happen despite that it would make that person the new Cena. Bitch about the new "top guy" no matter what even if you used to like him because reasons.

Reigns could continue to improve in the ring, have someone other the Vince write his promos, donate all his money to charity, and dedicate his spare time to helping smarks lose weight and dress better. People will still bitch.

Rollins is champ. It's time to get over it.

Fave Five:

1- Anything frosted (cheerio, flake, or mini wheat)
2- CTC (the blueberry is a bit #2sweet)
3- Apple cinnamon Cheerio
4- John Cena Fruit Rices
5- PB Crunch.

I'd actually like to try a less sugary raisin bran

Honorable mention:

When I'm working out I do plain yogurt with protein powder with cocoa puffs thrown in :$

Can't eat too much cereal with my teeth all fucked for the next year though, gotta let it get really soft first.

The true top 5 cereals:

1. Honey Nut Cheerios - approved by Omar

2. Frosted Flakes - they're GREAT

3. Corn Pops - the only thing more addicting than meth and heroin, apparently

4. Kix - are you going to argue with your mom about it?

5. Crispix - the superior Chex

I remember adding extra sugar to Frosted Flakes.

man, wtf was wrong with me.

Because kids are dumb.

I don't normally like fantasy booking, but as much as I like Reigns, I would give the belt to Dean in a Shield triple threat for the title. It would close the book on his story with Seth, and it would give Roman a new person to feud with since they could bring back the mini-feud they abandoned when the Shield was together.

jred2k

I remember adding extra sugar to Frosted Flakes.

man, wtf was wrong with me.

I've done it too. It's because they don't taste that different than Corn Flakes by default. It makes you think "Hmm, they must have changed the formula. Better make things right.".

Also Trix just came back to Canada for the first time in 10 years as a limited Easter promotion. Not being able to buy a cereal from you childhood for 10 years really makes you want it when you can get it again.

My unsolicited opinion on Reigns being called Samoan Cena: They've made 99% of his character "My family is Samoan." and have booked him like Cena so I don't think it's out of place for people to call him Samoan Cena. As much as he was the high powered offense of the Shield he has been completely bland on his own.

Sephzilla

NoRéN;158609929 said:

A person going on a solid winning run for 6 months doesn't make him the new Cena.

Going on a solid winning run for 10 years makes him the new Cena.

RP912

Banned
NoRéN;158609929 said:

agreed with all this.

People are starting to shit on Bryne. It's inedible with some wrestling fans to not be fickle.

Fox318

The shame about Roman is they could have booked him almost exactly like Brock was and it could have been believable. Instead of him losing to the Big Show and cutting promos they could have had him going in and wrecking fools.

This isn't true at all!

It also would be out of nowhere. Rowan and Harper have been space-fillers (Harper especially; Sin Cara displayed more emotion than Harper during that clusterfuck IC title build-up the past few weeks), and Bray has been doing jack shit for the past year. Why would anyone care when there's nothing on the line?

On the other hand, if you give that program to the Shield, then you can throw the belt in there, and people will automatically care because there's something on the line. Not to mention the fact that Dean never got his revenge on Seth, and Roman has a desire to get back a belt that he might have had a chance at winning.

I don't think anyone did well in that IC title buildup and they almost never let Harper speak. At least Harper helped make a PPV worth while in his ladder match at TLC. Rowan has really only walked like a man with a broom up his ass and launched axelmania. They already had the Rumble tease.

I still think it could be a fun program.

strobogo

Banned
You said one of the reasons anyone doesn't like Roman is because he's not white. When you make a generalization like that, your including us. Just like your pedo comment that got you banned.

The last two months weren't dark. There was less shilling and less accusations which makes me fucking love it by default.

That's not accurate. I listed 3 differences between Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns and asked what the difference is that gives them different treatment online. I did not say "anyone who doesn't like Roman is racist". I didn't even imply that.

In addition, I wasn't banned for any pedo comment. It was for mod whining and continuing an argument with Freckle after being told to stop.

agreed with all this.

People are starting to shit on Bryne. It's inedible with some wrestling fans to not be fickle.

Bryan hate started last year right before WM when he started being booked to win, and suddenly the "LOLBRYANWINS" posts and tweets were bubbling up. Had he actually had a solid 4-6 month title run of winning every match, I'm pretty sure the online fans at least would have turned on him. In the build up to Roman vs Bryan, quite a few crowds were noticeably split and occasionally more on the side of Roman than Bryan. The internet just hates people that win all the time, regardless of if they wanted them to be someone who wins all the time months before.

This thread was as 'dark' now as it was before anyone got banned. It has been no different, and it will continue to be no different until people stop antagonistically watching wrestling. Until people stop watching wrestling because 'they've always watched wrestling' and watch it because they want to watch it, whatever promotion it may be.

Gotta disagree with you there. Alucard posted all about ROH and LU and he is now on hiatus and it isn't because of the wrestling. Hell, Bootaaay doesn't seem to post as much on here anymore.

Kaiterra

Banned
No Roman is not disliked because racism. That is some bullshit that the #1 tool in wrestling fandom Aubrey Sitterson was peddling a few days ago and it made me roll my eyes then. It's because his push sucked and lacked a compelling story to invest us in his rise and his big badass character rings hollow next to guys like Brock not all of the time, but much of the time, not to mention it was being watered down into a faux Cena gimmick for a good two months when he first came back, which is when the hate was most intense.

But people are coming around on him and they will continue to do so as he gets more time to find his footing in the ring and with the crowd, IF either the push is dialed back a bit, he turns heel outright or he just straight up becomes amazing out of nowhere. If he remains in the main event (and it seems like he won't be, at least not right away) then he's gonna be hounded by Cena reactions forever at best.

jmdajr

I pretty much never eat cereal until I see milk is going to expire.

"Oh shit milk gonna go bad! Better have some cheeros!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Provide 1 reason why you feel WrassleGAF is on the decline

Provide 1 thing that would make WrassleGAF better that is not a removal of a particular member

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gotta disagree with you there. Alucard posted all about ROH and LU and he is now on hiatus and it isn't because of the wrestling. Hell, Bootaaay doesn't seem to post as much on here anymore.

Oh no, it has to be a group effort. It can't just be a few people.
What's worse: marshmallows included with cereal or Roman Reigns?

No marshmallows with cereal? Are you somebody's grandpa?

jmdajr

According to reports, Austin not showing stemmed from an issue between Austin and Vince McMahon. Apparently Austin and Vince were disagreeing about criticism of Austin’s WWE Network podcast. Vince was apparently so angry with Austin during Wrestlemania weekend that one person had said they’ve never seen him that mad about something, and is probably why Chris Jericho’s podcast is airing on the network instead.

In regards to Tough Enough, WWE wanted Austin for the show but he reportedly turned down the hosting gig for an unknown reason.

Vince mad that Austin still calls it PRO WRESTLING.

Not enough discussions about Timothy Thatcher or Drew Gulak. I'm undecided about Biff Busick. Why did it take so long for me to hear about Thatcher?

Provide 1 thing that would make WrassleGAF better that is not a removal of a particular member

More discussions about Thatcher and/or Gulak. Maybe more discussions about NJPW on AXS. Basically, talk about anything but WWE for a while.

strobogo

Banned
No Roman is not disliked because racism. That is some bullshit that the #1 tool in wrestling fandom Aubrey Sitterson was peddling a few days ago and it made me roll my eyes then. It's because his push sucked and lacked a compelling story to invest us in his rise and his big badass character rings hollow next to guys like Brock not all of the time, but much of the time, not to mention it was being watered down into a faux Cena gimmick for a good two months when he first came back, which is when the hate was most intense.

But people are coming around on him and they will continue to do so as he gets more time to find his footing in the ring and with the crowd, IF either the push is dialed back a bit, he turns heel outright or he just straight up becomes amazing out of nowhere. If he remains in the main event (and it seems like he won't be, at least not right away) then he's gonna be hounded by Cena reactions forever at best.

I would argue his push was dialed back a lot. He went from this dominating dude to losing to Kane/Big Show on TV and was booked as a complete after thought for the 3 weeks before WM, AT WM, and now after, people are still more interested in what Brock is going to do. For all the talk of "gotta make Roman look strong", he wasn't booked very strong heading into WM and people found a way to complain about that as well.

It's why I believe Vince McMahon made a great choice with Roman. This is the era where fans want to rebel against the system and complain online more than they want a face to cheer. Roman provides the fans with that outlet, but they don't realize it yet.

kaskade

So I'm trying to get back into wrestling a bit. Is it worth watching both smackdown and raw? I got the WWE network and I'm enjoying NXT though, it's fun.

Cereal and marshmallows are great.

I'd give you a big boot for this if I thought I could reach your head with my foot. Marshmallows included with cereals are disgusting.

No marshmallows with cereal? Are you somebody's grandpa?

Meltzerz reports that Hama's diet consists mostly of cereal marshmallows. Do you want to look like Hama?

marshmellow flavored Roman Reigns in wheat.

Wheat? Is that short for "Buckwheat"? Racism.

strobogo

Banned

It's on the rise. Friends are returning, WWE is in a solid spot after a fun WM, there is wrestling of various styles on almost every night of the week. People in this very thread are more open to watching non-WWE stuff than ever, and there has been more non-WWE talk in here in the past few months than I ever recall. I see no problems.

Gifv integration/less inclination to go out of your way to find something to be upset about instead of just enjoying what you see (such as complaining about Seth's title run/length seconds after it starts)

So I'm trying to get back into wrestling a bit. Is it worth watching both smackdown and raw? I got the WWE network and I'm enjoying NXT though, it's fun.

No. Instead, watch NJPW on AXS instead. Actual good wrestling matches with actual good commentary from Mauro Ranallo and Josh Barnett.

If you really feel like you need to watch Raw, just watch the Hulu version.

RP912

Banned
I'd give you a big boot for this if I thought I could reach your head with my foot. Marshmallows included with cereals are disgusting.

Meltzerz reports that Hama's diet consists mostly of cereal marshmallows. Do you want to look like Hama?

Wheat? Is that short for "Buckwheat"? Racism.

aye...I like wheat products.

Sephzilla

There's too much criticism. Too many people around here shitting on things that are good for the business, like Daniel Bryan and Full Sail crowds being full of people who are actually passionate about wrestling. Or criticizing people who want to see Taker vs Sting.

More fun gifs

Top Bottom