• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

jericho refers to singer and fellow piece of shit Cee Lo Green as "Cee Lo Brown" on his podcast without giving it a second thought, his interviewee agrees and doesn't try to correct it.

#fuckjericho

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_nkrjwzENrG1qa8t6fo1_540.jpg

zychi

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;158706910 said:
jericho refers to singer and fellow piece of shit Cee Lo Green as "Cee Lo Brown" on his podcast without giving it a second thought, his interviewee agrees and doesn't try to correct it.

#fuckjericho

his brain probably mixed d lo brown and c lo green. no big deal.

strobogo

Banned
Truth?
I wasn't sure Wrasslegaf was going to accept it as the official monthly thread.

WrassleGAF or you personally? Seems like the community accepted it just fine. But the OP doesn't matter. You only read it once and it's content doesn't influence the rest of the month anyway. Anyone who DID have problems with it should leave the community, because there is no way around it: If the OP this month bothered you, you're a misogynistic shit head.

Wrestlers really need to drop this whole "tweeting in-gimmick" thing.

They all need to tweet in character if their Twitter is under their wrestling names.

¡HarlequinPanic!;158706910 said:

#fuckjericho
D.Lo doesn't deserve that disrespect.

XenoRaven

I was listening to Austin's podcast with Heyman, and Heyman talked a bit about Bam Bam. I don't know if any of it's true. I suppose I could just look at Bam Bam's wiki page. But anyway, Heyman said that Bam Bam used to be a bounty hunter, and he ended up going to jail because he detained someone illegally. He ended up at a wrestling school after he got out because he was looking for a job, they had him get in the ring and do some stuff and he took to it almost instantly.

We've talked before about Brock and Angle being as being two of the guys that picked up wrestling the fastest, I think Bam Bam is a solid contender for the list.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was listening to Austin's podcast with Heyman, and Heyman talked a bit about Bam Bam. I don't know if any of it's true. I suppose I could just look at Bam Bam's wiki page. But anyway, Heyman said that Bam Bam used to be a bounty hunter, and he ended up going to jail because he detained someone illegally. He ended up at a wrestling school after he got out because he was looking for a job, they had him get in the ring and do some stuff and he took to it almost instantly.

We've talked before about Brock and Angle being as being two of the guys that picked up wrestling the fastest, I think Bam Bam is a solid contender for the list.

In his shoot interview he talked about stumbling around drunk in New Jersey and basically being homeless, so it's possible. I know he had an attitude/ego problem originally according to a lot of wrestlers due to him working with Hogan at such a young age. Andre dealt with him and you can see it in their match ups together where Andre's stiffing him.

He's one of the guys Nash and Hall have no problem putting over as an amazing worker even if they have personal problems. Bam Bam doesn't get near enough credit for his bumping and selling. Look at the way he looks, you could never believe someone like that to have incredible babyface heat, but Bam Bam did strictly based on his selling. He's a monster but watch the Survivor Series with him vs Andre as the last two. Or watch his matches against Vader. Fantastic selling.

If anyone has a new 3DS, Out Run 3D is amazing... really impressive 3D effects.

Smackdown had some good matches last night with Bryan/Sheamus and Ambrose/Harper although Ambrose pulled out a ridiculously cheesy version of his rebound lariat. I think he should chill with that move for a bit.

If they don't give Roman a mic, how is he supposed to get better?
The jack and the bean stock promo was a low point in his career, and will be on a top 10 somewhere on the network one day.

XenoRaven

In his shoot interview he talked about stumbling around drunk in New Jersey and basically being homeless, so it's possible. I know he had an attitude/ego problem originally according to a lot of wrestlers due to him working with Hogan at such a young age. Andre dealt with him and you can see it in their match ups together where Andre's stiffing him.

He's one of the guys Nash and Hall have no problem putting over as an amazing worker even if they have personal problems. Bam Bam doesn't get near enough credit for his bumping and selling. Look at the way he looks, you could never believe someone like that to have incredible babyface heat, but Bam Bam did strictly based on his selling. He's a monster but watch the Survivor Series with him vs Andre as the last two. Or watch his matches against Vader. Fantastic selling.
I watched Vader vs Bam Bam on NJPW World and it was great. Loved it.

I also watched the six man tag that happened after that. I've never really seen Steve Williams wrestle. Dude was crazy fast for his size.

It's fun to try and piece together what's happening in the ring and with the crowd with absolutely no context and no understanding of the language. In that six man tag, it seemed like the crowd was clamoring for Koji Kitao to get into the ring, and then he absolutely sucked, so once he tagged out Hashimoto and the guy whose name escapes me right now (I'm sorry) refused to tag him back in. Then by the end of the match the crowd seemed to be booing Kitao and cheering for Vader.

I looked it up and I guess Kitao was a former sumo wrestler who got kicked out of sumo for having an attitude problem, then got kicked out of AJPW for making racist comments towards Riki Choshu. After that, he had a falling out with another organization because he was booked to lose to John Tenta, so he got on the mic and said wrestling is fake because if it were real he would never lose to Tenta. Guy seems like a real piece of work.

WrassleGAF or you personally? Seems like the community accepted it just fine. But the OP doesn't matter. You only read it once and it's content doesn't influence the rest of the month anyway. Anyone who DID have problems with it should leave the community, because there is no way around it: If the OP this month bothered you, you're a misogynistic shit head.

They all need to tweet in character if their Twitter is under their wrestling names.

I was wondering why you kept prodding. There is the payoff.

I didn't have a problem with it personally. I just saw some questioning of it in the March thread. It was more about the timing of it. Not the content. I think you are reading into it wrong.

I love women, and especially women wrestlers, They are amazing, and so sexy.

1. Lisa Marie Varon
2. Lita
3. Trish
4. Christina Von Eerie
5. Steph

So I been listening to wrestler themes lately and while Balor's theme is still fantastic, it doesn't keep me coming back like Rusev's theme.

I am retroactively changing my vote in 2014 from Balor to Rusev.

Marvel

could never
So I been listening to wrestler themes lately and while Balor's theme is still fantastic, it doesn't keep me coming back like Rusev's theme.

I am retroactively changing my vote in 2014 from Balor to Rusev.

I was a bit disappointed Rusev didn't have his theme playing whilst riding the Tank at WM. Bad move imo, would have been tits and more fitting.

I was a bit disappointed Rusev didn't have his theme playing whilst riding the Tank at WM. Bad move imo, would have been tits and more fitting.

I gotta disagree. The Russian National Anthem is prolly the greatest anthem in the world. Hearing that and seeing him come out on a fucking tank can't be beaten. It was like something straight out of Rocky IV.

Marvel

could never
I gotta disagree. The Russian National Anthem is prolly the greatest anthem in the world. Hearing that and seeing him come out on a fucking tank can't be beaten. It was like something straight out of Rocky IV.

Eh, I wanted it to kick in when he climbed down from the tank and walked down the ramp with the flag myself.

But I'm glad you like the theme as I do. One of the few I don't fast forward.

You damn fantasy bookers acting like WWE would ever acknowledge another promotion, much less NJPW, is killing me. They're too obsessed with protecting the brand and cementing Bryan's legacy as a B+ player to ever make something cool like inter-promotional matchups happen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
030hU0S.gif

Aoki has really come a long way in the last year. He's pretty meh in this match from 2013 and his offense doesn't look that great. He also lacks confidence unlike his current gimmick.

strobogo

Banned
You damn fantasy bookers acting like WWE would ever acknowledge another promotion, much less NJPW, is killing me. They're too obsessed with protecting the brand and cementing Bryan's legacy as a B+ player to ever make something cool like inter-promotional matchups happen.

You mean like how just a few nights ago they inducted a NJPW wrestler into their HOF and showed clips of him in NJPW? Or how they did the same thing with Antonio Inoki a few years ago? Or how they frequently have articles about NJPW/CZW/ROH/IWA/Chikara on their website? And just did an angle with UFC's biggest star?

The only time WWE has ever been truly isolationist was at the peak of the Golden Era. Before and after, they mentioned companies they had working agreements with, past histories, and so on. Now they release DVDs with ROH/IWA footage on it.

RP912

Banned
Watching Wrestle Kingdom 5 to finally catch up with what I missed...I guess this is why some NJPW fans suggest to start at 2011 because they finally got an identity with this event.

BFIB

Just read Justin Roberts blog regarding Connor being inducted as the honorary Warrior selection.

I don't want to believe it, but it is WWE. He's probably right on point.

XenoRaven

So is this Dario guy an organized crime boss that uses a wrestling promotion as a front for drug trafficking? I only ask because he's always got this smirk that seems that he's got much greater plans going on than just running a wrestling promotion.

You mean like how just a few nights ago they inducted a NJPW wrestler into their HOF and showed clips of him in NJPW? Or how they did the same thing with Antonio Inoki a few years ago? Or how they frequently have articles about NJPW/CZW/ROH/IWA/Chikara on their website? And just did an angle with UFC's biggest star?

The only time WWE has ever been truly isolationist was at the peak of the Golden Era. Before and after, they mentioned companies they had working agreements with, past histories, and so on. Now they release DVDs with ROH/IWA footage on it.

-HOF is not a storyline, dude used to wrestle in WWE
-Inoki once won the WWF title
-Website is not the televised product
-UFC is not a direct competitor to WWE

To post this you'd have to have the memory of a goldfish and completely forgotten the entire "angle" of Sting having just "vanished" for 14 years as if TNA doesn't exist (rightfully so, some might say) - and WWE has never done inter-promotional events. They want you to believe that WWE is the only wrestling in the world that matters and everything else is some crappy indie, at best. When hyping up Brock Lesnar's achievements they never mention his NJPW championship run, only the UFC and WWE championships.

This is the WWE "Universe" and everything else is quite simply beneath them. Corporate will never let their "talent" wrestle anyone outside of WWE, especially if it's just to get over with some internet smart marks.

Top Bottom