• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

So what now for the Divas? Just focus on Paige as the main face, push Naomi or bring up an NXT girl? Natalya's busy managing the Fact Checkers and it feels like WWE has forgotten all about Fox, Summer, Layla (is she just done in general?) and everyone else.

Natalya could have matches and manage Kiddsaro.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Another hit podcast for Colt Cabana?
"I just wanted a safe space to discuss my story. By the way, prowrestlingtees.com..."

I'm glad you're back, Sunflower.

I think part of the problem is that people with dissenting opinions are dismissed as "gimmick posters." This is a pro wrestling thread. This is not pro wrestling. Real human beings do not "work angles" or "have gimmicks." But wrestlinggaffers, as you've discovered, do not realize this. As a result, a culture of bullying has emerged. Look at what those assholes do to JesseEwiak.

I hope you can reign your people in, Sunflower. Because while I believe strongly in the "stop snitching" movement, I would not hold it against JesseEwiak if he asked some mods to take a look at the way he's treated in here.

I can't speak (nor will I) for everyone here but I'm going to do my very best to treat everyone earnestly and with enthusiasm. I enjoy our community we've built and I love who we have, but the new people who haven't yet spoken or don't speak often are probably going to be our next good friends we make. WrassleGAF is about making friends and watching grapples. I don't see any problems coming from that focus. :)

I'm glad you're back, Sunflower.

I think part of the problem is that people with dissenting opinions are dismissed as "gimmick posters." This is a pro wrestling thread. This is not pro wrestling. Real human beings do not "work angles" or "have gimmicks." But wrestlinggaffers, as you've discovered, do not realize this. As a result, a culture of bullying has emerged. Look at what those assholes do to JesseEwiak.

I hope you can reign your people in, Sunflower. Because while I believe strongly in the "stop snitching" movement, I would not hold it against JesseEwiak if he asked some mods to take a look at the way he's treated in here.

I think a bigger issue is people like you and Heel with constant condescending bullshit. Gimmick poster is a just a polite way of saying you're kind of an asshole. It's annoying and no matter what direction Sunny tries to take it, that's a constant. Why would new people want to be part of that?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Eleven years. He turned 29 the day before that match, whereas Hansen was 40. Definitely track down that Choshu match. There's some good early Vader on NJPW World, but that particular match is missing, unfortunately.

Do you know if Rudoreels has any sort of by-request Vader collection? I guess I could just ask him...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nows as good a time as any,

Fuck Riki Choshu. I can't stand him in the ring, and he's the reason Sasaki couldn't retire in NJPW because of some beef. Fuck that old man.

strobogo

Banned
Agreed. I'll miss her but the sooner they get some other divas on the show and stop focusing on the Bellas the better.

What? The Bellas are rad, especially Nikki. Nikki needs MORE focus and needs to go on a dominating HOSS run.

Apologies earlier for not hearing JBL mention Lesnar's IWGP title run, at least it's the first time I've heard of WWE doing that sort of recognition.

Not that I like them, or anything, but why the hate for Brock Lesnar Guy / Sign Guy?

Back in the Velocity days and JBL's first commentator stint, Japan stuff got named dropped all the time. Josh Matthews was the nerdiest dude imaginable on Velocity, bringing up every promotion and title in Japan and Mexico on every show. JBL was really into doing that for the first 6 months or so that he was a color guy. Very occasionally now.

I think a bigger issue is people like you and Heel with constant condescending bullshit. Gimmick poster is a just a polite way of saying you're kind of an asshole. It's annoying and no matter what direction Sunny tries to take it, that's a constant. Why would new people want to be part of that?

Heel is a wonderful person and friend.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You could have told me 4 years ago "Nikki Bella needs a good run" and I'd die laughing. But now I'm easily interested in what Nikki can do as she can go toe to toe and busts out some fun moves and sometimes is given the time to put on a good match. She understands wrestling, honestly I think her being around Cener has done great things for her in-ring psychology, even though a lot of people say he's incapable of telling a story in the ring, I think he does an exceptional job of it...most of the time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm glad AJ's gone, not because I dislike her but because Punk's miserable outlook on wrestling had obviously rubbed off on her and it's not fun watching someone who clearly isn't into it anymore.

So what now for the Divas? Just focus on Paige as the main face, push Naomi or bring up an NXT girl? Natalya's busy managing the Fact Checkers and it feels like WWE has forgotten all about Fox, Summer, Layla (is she just done in general?) and everyone else.

What's next is that Paige is going to be the Cena of the Diva's Womens Division with Sasha and Charlotte playing the roles of Randy Orton and Dave Batista respectively.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's important to stop pointing fingers at posters for not being model posters in your (whoever's) eyes, as we're all going to be taking a look at how we post and making sure we don't come across as asswipes. And honest to goodness, don't be afraid of the ignore function if there's someone whose posts you can't stand - that's what it's there for - don't fear it. It's better than getting wound up.

Light Up Let's light it up, light it up, light it up

light up tonight, let's light it up

Like shooting stars are burning, light up the sky

Let's light it up, light it up, light it up

L-L let the night, L-L the diamonds

sh-sh shine in your eyes Your eyes Something 'bout the madess magic

I can't explain

Everytime the sun goes down feel everything cha-ange

Feel my body buzzin'

Feel my temperature range

Every night a brand new page yeah!

sh-sh shine in your eyes I feel you next to me

Lost in a dream

I feel you holding me

My head is spinning

It's spinning Yeah Yeah

sh-sh shine in your eyes

You could have told me 4 years ago "Nikki Bella needs a good run" and I'd die laughing. But now I'm easily interested in what Nikki can do as she can go toe to toe and busts out some fun moves and sometimes is given the time to put on a good match. She understands wrestling, honestly I think her being around Cener has done great things for her in-ring psychology, even though a lot of people say he's incapable of telling a story in the ring, I think he does an exceptional job of it...most of the time.

I wonder why Brie is seemingly lagging so far behind especially considering she is with Daniel. Nikki can just wreck wrestlers now but Brie kind of exists just to scream.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hopefully Aiii is asleep already so we can get some monitors on him to keep him from doing personal harm to himself over this news.

What? The Bellas are rad, especially Nikki. Nikki needs MORE focus and needs to go on a dominating HOSS run.

Nikki Bella's been pretty good since she gained the title, she's surpassed Brie in every way. I wouldn't really shed a tear if Brie just becomes a mouthpiece in a non-wrestling role.

1. Glad Vince is back. Dark times were coming near.

2. Sad AJ's done. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy she's able to leave on her own terms, with no bad injuries, and likely have happy days from here on out, and I wish her and Punk all the best. I'm just kinda sad it came like this. Seeing the company they dreamed of working for their whole life get into a petty squabble/lawsuit with their husband must be horrible.

3. Agree with the thoughts about why there's no retirement matches anymore. They're meant to make retirement look more pleasant than it is, and that oh even at the end they get chants and fond farewells. If you leave this business and you don't have people despising or disrespecting you, you left lucky and early.

strobogo

Banned
Thank you for defending us against bullying, strobo.

I feel like you can defend yourself. But Heel is but a lamb and needs protection and defending.

Nikki Bella's been pretty good since she gained the title, she's surpassed Brie in every way. I wouldn't really shed a tear if Brie just becomes a mouthpiece in a non-wrestling role.

I think that's coming soon. Brie is looking for her out and the family life is calling.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder why Brie is seemingly lagging so far behind especially considering she is with Daniel. Nikki can just wreck wrestlers now but Brie kind of exists just to scream.

Brie is very good as well, it's just that Nikki has the better look and, well, is the focus of the division right now.

dream

I take your point. Heel and I come from a legitimate shooting background, which may be why we come off as condescending in a thread that celebrates something that is fake.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boss fitting to get that call up. The Divas belt is coming home :D.

mOm9k58.gif

It's so surprising because I mean, you know, you can't say "Well the reason she's good is because of her husband" because that's shitty - it takes away from her accomplishments. But if either of them are rubbing off on each other you would expect Bryan to have the more interesting skillset to adopt some of.

Hell, I just think John Cena doesn't get the credit he deserves, and Nikki is busting her ass so she deserves all the credit for somehow turning into a hoss. A+ work.

Brie's knee to the face is pretty good...that's about it. Nikki has improved greatly.

I hope that Nattie and Naomi can get storylines that don't involve their husbands.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Heel and Dream have to post in here because they want to go somewhere with some actual star power instead of some irish dude who sounds like he was trained on the mic by Davey Richards.
Kensuke's no saint either, let's be honest.

Sasaki's a much better more versatile wrestler though and married Akira Hokuto. Choshu has nothing to make up for being such a bitter turd. But Sasaki is basically more famous than Choshu ever will be nowadays, so Power Warrior still wins in the end.

Did anyone catch Style's promos at the New Japan road show the other day? Reminded me how terrible he is on the mic. Say what you want about Karl Anderson, but at least he has delivery and knows how to cut a promo to the Japanese audience.

Nows as good a time as any,

Fuck Riki Choshu. I can't stand him in the ring, and he's the reason Sasaki couldn't retire in NJPW because of some beef. Fuck that old man.

Kensuke's no saint either, let's be honest. Not sure what their beef was, though. Choshu totally shit on the UWF/UWFi as well. Twice. Because Maeda's a dick.

Also, I can understand not liking Choshu, he isn't as technical as Fujinami, doesn't sell as well as most, but you watch some of his early stuff and he really was ahead of his time in regards to the pace he worked his matches at. When he invades All Japan in '85 the heat is insane and in a lot of ways the guys there were more suiting to playing to Choshu's strengths. Tenryu in particular owes a lot to him, as while the crowd were losing their shit any time Jumbo & Choshu were in the ring together in tag matches, Jumbo left it to Tenryu to try and defeat the invader Choshu one-on-one. That series has a lot to do with Tenryu's early popularity, I'd say.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Heel and Dream have to post in here because they want to go somewhere with some actual star power instead of some irish dude who sounds like he was trained on the mic by Davey Richards.

UFC is slowly but surely becoming as carny as boxing, which is already worse than Pro Wrasslin.

Aiii

So not worth it

Conor McGregor runs laps on the mic around Sheamus, come on now.

Fox318

UFC is slowly but surely becoming as carny as boxing, which is already worse than Pro Wrasslin.

As long as UFC can book the fights thats all that matters.

For as bad as UFC may be at least they won't have situations like Floyd booking his own fights.

dream

See, this is just some mean-spirited bully shit.

Well her run effectively ended with a whimper but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that AJ was one of the divas over the last few years in WWE who I mostly enjoyed watching in ring and out of it, even if the whole "crazy" thing ran its course.
Basically 2012 was a pretty fun year for her, wait, when did #AJALL become nearly three years old?! damn it feels like time just flew by.

Heel

If being a "constantly condescending asshole" means knowing I'm a better person than the majority of professional wrestling fans, I can take that criticism and make no effort to refute it. I'd hope you all feel the same way, and I view you as such.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
See, this is just some mean-spirited bully shit.
Chael and McGregor kind of remind me of when people talk up Christian being a good promo in TNA. Look at the competition.
Did anyone catch Style's promos at the New Japan road show the other day? Reminded me how terrible he is on the mic. Say what you want about Karl Anderson, but at least he has delivery and knows how to cut a promo to the Japanese audience.
I made a post basically about that. AJ's a bad heel and I almost kind of said something positive about Bullet Club.

I wanted to get your thoughts about what I said about Ibushi as well.
Pretty split on the last Roads to Invasion Attacks, but the highs outweighed the lows.

-Ibushi drastically needs a new look or something for me personally. It's fine as the super babyface but every time he tries to show this new 'attitude' since coming back, it's laughable. He looks like a juiced up teenager having hormonal problems.

+Ibushi and Naito work really well together and even look like a tag team without changing anything about themselves

+Yujiro is turning out to be the best Bullet Club partner for AJ, honestly. They work really well together and both guys are incredible at bumping. Pretty much everybody in the main eventer is a good bumper and seller, so it added a lot and made it feel very different than a Tanahashi or Okada or even Shinsuke match.

+This is the only positive Bullet Club as a whole thing I'll say, it's helping out AJ a lot by being associated with it because he is not a very good heel. But he's one of the guys I like watching most right now in wrestling, so it balances out.

+Yohei and Sho are fucking ready. More ready than whoever the fuck ROH clown Fale tries to bring in for BOSJ. Yohei should go to CMLL, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sho in GWF for an excursion.

-Ishii needs several months off to rest. He'll get a bigger pop just for being gone for so long to the fanbase, and he won't end up in a wheelchair. Frankly, I'm tired of his shtick and Honma is pretty much taking his spot as 'Kill yourself for our amusement! one more match!'

+/-Makabe 'OI IM A TOUGH GUY' also needs to be gone. Yet at the same time, I enjoy his sweets gimmick. So I don't know. He's also over and has been for a very long time, so I don't know.

- The juniors six man tag has pretty much everyone I hate in NJPW in one match. Omega seems like he's a mark for himself and feels overly familiar. Trent looks like he should be wrestling in a backyard fed somewhere and RAPONGI VICE is a worse theme than Cesaro's

+Tenzan/Kojima was way better than it had any business being.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hey now, let's not say shit we'd regret!

UFC can be bad, pro wrestling's absolutely bad, but $100 PPVs are a whole new level of bad.

They're getting there. It's slow though.

Boxing's fall from grace is astounding. It was absolutely at one point the biggest individual sport in the world.

Top Bottom