• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

16BitNova

I don't dislike Naomi, but I really hope she is not the one to get a push. She's nothing but a glorified cheerleader. And The Bellas need to just go the route of Eva Marie and be strictly Total Divas cast. Nikki is getting okay I guess, but Brie, I just can't take seriously. Especially when she yells "Brie mode" she just looks silly. They NEED to bring at least two NXT girls up. Hopefully Bailey and Charlotte. Edit: and/or Sasha. She's good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Boxing's fall from grace is astounding. It was absolutely at one point the biggest individual sport in the world.

Can Pacquaio vs Mayweather out draw Sapp vs Akebono though?
I don't dislike Naomi, but I really hope she is not the one to get a push. She's nothing but a glorified cheerleader. And The Bellas need to just go the route of Eva Marie and be strictly Total Divas cast. Nikki is getting okay I guess, but Brie, I just can't take seriously. Especially when she yells "Brie mode" she just looks silly. They NEED to bring at least two NXT girls up. Hopefully Bailey and Charlotte. Edit: and/or Sasha. She's good.

Naomi is nothing but a glorified cheerleader, but you want the hug girl to get called up?

I made a post basically about that. AJ's a bad heel and I almost kind of said something positive about Bullet Club.

I'm more and more convinced that the Bullet Club's ultimately going to turn on Styles, just as they did with Devitt, and AJ will turn face.

I wanted to get your thoughts about what I said about Ibushi as well.

I agree, Ibushi still looks like a junior. I don't think he wants to shed that pretty boy image though, as that's a large part of his appeal from DDT. When they signed him Kidani mentioned that he brings his own 'special' fanbase who aren't, or weren't, New Japan fans. Ideally, if he signed I'd imagine New Japan would try and get him over with kids in the same way they have successfully done with Okada. If not Ibushi, they should be trying it with Naito.

Also, maybe somewhat selfishly, but I think Yohei should start his excursion in England. I know Liger's fond of sending jr's over here and Komatsu does seem to have a good technical side to his work that I'd like to see brought out. I guess Sho will go to the US, but they need to get him a regular gig. Watanabe's over there at the moment, but he wrestled just 20 matches in 2014, whereas Hiromi Takahashi wrestled 63 for CMLL.

Isn't there concrete gif proof that Heel doesn't need defending, quite the opposite in fact!

iYSzTGn9FnnWX.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Naomi has had a hard time with "Ring Psychology" but then again her last push was during the 3 minute end in a distraction roll up era so we don't really know how well she'd adapt.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I imagine she goes for moves like that because she knows how short the matches are and just wants to do the most noticeable stuff she can possibly do. I do worry that her future is going to be limited if they keep her focus on The Usos and Total Divas.

MC Safety

Remember how excited AJ was to be wrestling when she came into the WWE? Well, she seems just as disillusioned leaving it.

I guess years of Total Divas and storylines where she starred as someone's (crazy) girlfriend will do that to you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Remember how excited AJ was to be wrestling when she came into the WWE? Well, she seems just as disillusioned leaving it.

I guess years of Total Divas and storylines where she starred as someone's girlfriend will do that to you.

Hanging around someone as bad-tempered and miserable as CM Punk would probably make me feel the same too about anything I loved.

Heel

UFC is slowly but surely becoming as carny as boxing, which is already worse than Pro Wrasslin.

UFC, and MMA in general, has always been a carny. Just look at the first UFC event. The only real difference is they have the benefit of an audience that isn't smartened up yet.

Good enough for me. GLORY is so much fun. Folks, tune in, some fine fighting that isn't hugging.

Great card, too. Robin van Roosmalen and the living incarnation of Tong Po, Simon Marcus. Can't wait.

Aiii

So not worth it

I guess years of Total Divas and storylines where she starred as someone's (crazy) girlfriend will do that to you.

Real talk: women have a shit position in WWE, there is still a lot of mysogynistic (and racist) people backstage. Add to that the reports of heat she has gotten over the years for various things (apparently taking two months of to heal from injury recently got her shit on as well) and the whole thing with Punk and how they tried to ruin her wedding day, how would you not get fed up with the company?

Other than that, all her friends left the company (Kaitlyn, Punk himself, Eve) and seem happier for it, couldn't have gone unnoticed.

Besides, what else was there to do for her in WWE. She won two Mania matches, had the title three times, the longest title run of all time and even closed out Raw a couple of times. There is no way but down from that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So Wade's doing another movie now? So he's leaving again? Just release the guy ffs. What's even the point of keeping him on the payroll if he's never there?
I haven't watched any of it yet but I'll catch up this weekend and get back to you.

You got my hopes up and dashed them expertly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Riccochet/Sydal was so damn good.

MOTYC

This has been a hellacious year from pretty much every promotion. MOTYCs in pretty much every single promotion, and it's amazing.

You simply cannot lose with wrestling today.

MC Safety

Real talk: women have a shit position in WWE...

I agree. I was just noting the stark contrast between younger AJ and her now-retired self.

As far as women in the WWE go, I agree wholeheartedly. To cite one example, Naomi seems to have a good deal of talent, but is now routinely giving stinkfaces with her big butt and using her big butt as a finishing move. Because her butt is big, you know? When she does the butt bump it can end a match.

strobogo

Banned

It's like you've not actually watched any Bellas matches in a year. Or the fun stuff Naomi was doing around this time last year. She's barely been in the ring for like 5 months, though. People are still stuck on the "Oh they're shitty models who can't wrestle/reality TV sucks" kick from years ago. Both of them have put in WORK. On their bodies and their wrestling. Because of Total Divas, which they are the stars of, the Divas Division has had more focus on it than it had in years.

The Bellas are legit and will be an important part of the story if/when the women's division gets a real reboot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know who else routinely put their big butt in peoples face?
ibz8Vru1XmXcnH.gif

WWF Champion and monster heel, Yokozuna. And his butt was the most protected finisher maybe in WWE history

RP912

Banned
By the end of 2015 I want Stardust to wrestle Cody Rhodes in a extreme rules match. It would be like Fight Club part 2.

While it's sad to see AJ go, I'm glad she decided to step away. She's been wallowing around the Divas division with no sense of direction (which is what the entire Divas division is going through at the moment.) She was just another body showing up to work with nothing interesting going on with her character. Her time was up.

Now the WWE has to create something interesting for the Divas division. It needs a good creative brainstorming to give it the jolt it needs for people to care again.

Man there's some amazing demo/alternative versions of WWE songs on Spotify now. The Original Jim Johnstone version of King of Kings sounds like Weird Al Yankovich.

Top Bottom