• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

bjork

Yeah I understand they have a crazy contract with Big Show but the fucking deal with Kane seems so stupid.

You have younger guys like Luke Harper or even Rowan who would be perfect for that role.

Even in Steph and HHH's role you could have a guy like them. Its like Vince only wants his family and 1-2 other people booked in a way that makes sense so he doesn't have to pay them.

All they need to do is point out again that he's HHH workout buddy. Maybe have him be Shane to HHH's Vince or something, helping HHH train for a match.

Big Show should really be put in an injury angle and then used like Brock. Maybe at times when Brock is out, so there's always a big bad. Having him there all the time and then put in storylines with him crying and shit doesn't help sell him as a tough dude.

Fox318

Neville's purple attire is a huge step up over that dingy look he had at NXT.

Why even change their gimmick or look?

You spend time and effort getting them over or used to an act then you have to re-transition them when they come up to the main roster.

Is Zayn gonna come up as "The Man with No Name"?

Fox318

All they need to do is point out again that he's HHH workout buddy. Maybe have him be Shane to HHH's Vince or something, helping HHH train for a match.

Big Show should really be put in an injury angle and then used like Brock. Maybe at times when Brock is out, so there's always a big bad. Having him there all the time and then put in storylines with him crying and shit doesn't help sell him as a tough dude.

Except he has been booked bad since he lost to Austin in 99.

They can't book somebody like Andre because they can't farm their talent out to Japan or Europe.

Sephzilla

Yeah, I don't understand the need to modify gimmicks when an NXT superstar gets called up. The whole point of NXT was to get them ready for the main roster.

--The Ascension were fine as they were, no need to turn them into the Neo Road Warriors.
--Adrian Neville was fine, he didn't need an Oz cape or dropping a name.
--Big E's 5 count thing was cool. He also got part of his name dropped for no good reason.
--It's clear that nobody on WWE's side understood Emma's gimmick at all
--Paige went from anti-diva to AJ Lee 2.0

I fear what Vince will do to Breeze or Balor once they come up.

OctoMan

Banned
Extreme Rules card predictions? Only 3 shows to go. Not really sure on anything.

- IC title: Sheamus vs Bryan vs Ziggles vs BNB (lol Bryan buried in another multiman)

- Ascension vs Luchadors (nice preshow warm-up)

- Cena vs Rusev

- Naomi vs Nikki (lol why)

- Cesaro/Kidd vs Usos for the 1000th time (don't see Luchadors getting a title match just yet and New Day sucks. Maybe PTP but where are they?)

- Orton (w/ Ryback?) Vs Big Show (w/ Kane?)

- Rollins vs Reigns

Ambrose and Neville should probably be on there somehwere. No idea where.

Xater

Extreme Rules card predictions? Only 3 shows to go. Not really sure on anything.

- IC title: Sheamus vs Bryan vs Ziggles vs BNB (lol Bryan buried in another multiman)

- Ascension vs Luchadors (nice preshow warm-up)

- Cena vs Rusev

- Naomi vs Nikki (lol why)

- Cesaro/Kidd vs Usos for the 1000th time (don't see Luchadors getting a title match just yet and New Day sucks. Maybe PTP but where are they?)

- Orton (w/ Ryback?) Vs Big Show (w/ Kane?)

- Rollins vs Reigns

Ambrose and Neville should probably be on there somehwere. No idea where.

The Lucha Dragons will get their push. They want to sell that merch.

bjork

Except he has been booked bad since he lost to Austin in 99.

They can't book somebody like Andre because they can't farm their talent out to Japan or Europe.

They never do it, but I'm a fan of amnesia angles. Have him get hit by a car or some shit, so he's out for months. When he comes back, his hair is long and he thinks it's 1996.

Eidan

Be a black guy in the WWE brehs. These dudes have to be dying inside.
Yeah. I spoke with Xavier Woods several times during the week I worked Axxess. He was a very chill dude. Sucks that he and the others have to be dragged through the coals like that.

XenoRaven

I like Kalisto debuting in a tag team because it makes him more of a spectacle while people get familiar with him. The crowd was kind of lukewarm to Sin Cara, were flat out killing New Day, but went bananas whenever Kalisto got the tag. Sucks to be Sin Cara, who is basically the guy who's there to be more boring so people will be happy when he tags Kalisto, but I think this is the right way to do it.

Xater

I like Kalisto debuting in a tag team because it makes him more of a spectacle while people get familiar with him. The crowd was kind of lukewarm to Sin Cara, were flat out killing New Day, but went bananas whenever Kalisto got the tag. Sucks to be Sin Cara, who is basically the guy who's there to be more boring so people will be happy when he tags Kalisto, but I think this is the right way to do it.

I wonder if Hunico is already counting the days until they get split up, because I doubt they'll keep him around then.

OctoMan

Banned
The Lucha Dragons will get their push. They want to sell that merch.
Oh yeah they'll get there. I just think it's tough to sell them as champs less than a month after they debuted.

lol at me though for giving the tag belts any credibility.

Fox318

Usos are still injured. New Day will probably work with the Brass Ring Club.

No way they feed Reigns to Rollins considering how they like to protect him.

Match Card

Pre-Show

Neville vs Acension member

Bryan vs BNB vs Shaemus

Naomi vs Nikki with Usos and Brie in each corner.

Lucha Dragons vs Brass Ring Club

Neville vs Stardust

Orton vs Rollins for WHC

Main Event
Cena & Reigns vs Kane and Big Show

Fox318

They never do it, but I'm a fan of amnesia angles. Have him get hit by a car or some shit, so he's out for months. When he comes back, his hair is long and he thinks it's 1996.

That would only work if he could actually chokeslam people again and he had the ability to grow hair on his head

Alucard

Banned
I like Sheamus' new look if he just uses it as an annoying dick heel. It works in pissing you off and making you think "This guy is a fucking idiot. GRRR." Which is fine as a heel.

Penguin

I think they will do BNB/Bryan and Sheamus/Ziggler at Extreme Rules

Get Sheamus over as a huge heel before going after Bryan

And Wade has his mandatory rematch clause

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
--The Ascension were fine as they were, no need to turn them into the Neo Road Warriors.

I don't know, they were never very good. The Fall of Man isn't an impressive finisher and on the main roster they don't even have the intimidating look since everyone is bigger.

Dropping the Adrian in Neville's name isn't even that big a deal and he seems to have at least not succumb to doing a mighty mouse gimmick. I think he can get over still.

Fox318

Aren't most of the guys on the roster fucked because of the ring size?

Put Bryan in a 16 foot ring instead of the 20 foot ring and he looks normal.

RP912

Banned
NWA Classics screenshot - tough to identify these guys. Anyone else able to?
qhHRt0l.jpg

Better than nothing.

I like the griminess of the footage.

-Saxton was dying out there but i preferred that over the other 3 motherfuckers. Easy to ignore. But I actually didn't mind King coming out, he was pretty fine last night imo
-Kalisto is MONEY
-Dust Brothers have fallen so goddamn hard
-NEVILLE, lol I don't think the one-name thing works here but whatever
-That main event was surprisingly generic

RAW was actually pretty decent, but if that's as good as it gets when they're trying idk if i wanna keep up again. 3 hours is 2long4me

Is Itami actually on the main roster now, or was that just a Bo Dallas at RR '13 showcase?

Neville's purple attire is a huge step up over that dingy look he had at NXT.

I had no problem with the way he looked before but I think his new attire is great. Here´s to hoping they don´t ruin him and let him have some singles matches against dudes like Cesaro and Kidd to showcase how great he is.

somedevil

I think they will do BNB/Bryan and Sheamus/Ziggler at Extreme Rules

Get Sheamus over as a huge heel before going after Bryan

And Wade has his mandatory rematch clause

Some Extreme Rules look like this:

Orton vs Rollins vs Reigns
Rusev vs Cena
Bryan vs BNB
Sheamus vs Ziggler
Cesaro and Kidd vs New Day or Lucha Dragons

klonere

Banned
I like Sheamus' new look if he just uses it as an annoying dick heel. It works in pissing you off and making you think "This guy is a fucking idiot. GRRR." Which is fine as a heel.

I think his simple "I'm back" and stiff kicks to everyone shows he's definitely a heel coming back

I'm also pretty sure that the Bellas will now be feuding with each other again, given the finish of the women's match. Yayyyyyyyyyyy

Kaladin

2K today announced the first simulation-based WWE video game for mobile platforms, WWE® 2K, is in development for iOS and Android devices. Currently scheduled for release in spring 2015 at a price point of $7.99, WWE 2K will offer authentic WWE gameplay in a mobile format through inspiration from several popular gameplay elements and modes from the WWE 2K flagship WWE video game franchise available on consoles.

Key features of WWE 2K currently include:

· Playable roster of many fan-favorite WWE Superstars, including John Cena®, Hulk Hogan®, Sting®, Triple H®, Undertaker®, Daniel Bryan®, Roman Reigns™, Seth Rollins™, Dean Ambrose™ and Bray Wyatt™;

· Authentic WWE action, including three match types, full WWE Superstar ring entrances and comprehensive move sets;

· Create-a-Superstar;

· Career Mode;

· Live Multiplayer Matches;

· Unlockable Rewards.

“WWE 2K marks a great milestone in 2K’s partnership with WWE, as we bring the first authentic WWE simulation experience to market for mobile devices,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “WWE gaming enthusiasts will soon experience WWE action and several fan-favorite modes inspired by the WWE 2K flagship console series in an engaging new way.”

Developed by n-Space in conjunction with Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K will be available for $7.99 in Spring 2015 as a download on the App Store for iOS devices, including the iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®, as well as the Amazon Appstore for Android™ devices.

Sting-2.jpg

Sephzilla

I don't know, they were never very good. The Fall of Man isn't an impressive finisher and on the main roster they don't even have the intimidating look since everyone is bigger.

They weren't that good before, but everything WWE added to them made them worse.

Edit - I'm not fans of the Ascension but I felt bad for them after they got called up. Bad facepaint, discount Road Warrior gear, lost their cooler titantron video for some illuminati bullshit, and commentary immediately fucking buried them.

Striker

The commentary in this Sting-Triple H match is atrocious. It's real bad when King is the one who doesn't sound like a jackass.

Top Bottom