• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How much is the modern indie game development cycle kickstarted by the thought process, 'Hey, remember the SNES?' I wonder.

I heard Vince McMahon last night as I was standing behind him at the gorilla position.

"What is this flipity floppy shit?

Hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Probably. "Pixel art!"

CHIP TUNEEZZZZZ

Shoot Tuesday: The indie shit coming out of the Amiga and the Atari home computers had more creativity per game created involved in it than the majority of the modern indie shit that games mainstream attention. And that was in the 80s and 90s.

bjork

CHIP TUNEEZZZZZ

Shoot Tuesday: The indie shit coming out of the Amiga and the Atari home computers had more creativity per game created involved in it than the majority of the modern indie shit that games mainstream attention. And that was in the 80s and 90s.

They stole their shit off board games and going outside, there were no old games to steal from

Alucard

Banned
RAW_1140_135-668395069.jpg

Dude needs to lose the cape. I don't like it at all. Too cheesy and screams "mid-card for life," which is probably what WWE views him as anyway...so in that way, it's perfect.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They stole their shit off board games and going outside, there were no old games to steal from

Everythign is stolen. It's better to steal from multiple sources instead of 'I want to make super mario! I want to make super metroid! i want to make zelda!'

How about, 'I want to make Crazy Taxi?' I criticize the indie puzzle platformer, the 2d 'experience'. I don't criticize the original Spelunky or the Hotline Miami or the smaller budget games that do something different. I'd rather play the simulator games(the real ones, not the hurr durr ironic simulator) than yet another Braid ripoff.. I mean homage.

bjork

Everythign is stolen. It's better to steal from multiple sources instead of 'I want to make super mario! I want to make super metroid! i want to make zelda!'

How about, 'I want to make Crazy Taxi?' I criticize the indie puzzle platformer, the 2d 'experience'. I don't criticize the original Spelunky or the Hotline Miami or the smaller budget games that do something different. I'd rather play the simulator games(the real ones, not the hurr durr ironic simulator) than yet another Braid ripoff.. I mean homage.

They made a crazy taxi. You can play as hulk hogan.

How about a new Space Taxi?

Where are my good indie wrestling games? Is it too much to ask that wrestling games aren't carny too?

They made TNA games oh lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They made a crazy taxi. You can play as hulk hogan.

How about a new Space Taxi?

What about Planet Harriers? As game development tools get smarter and smarter, I want to see more variety. The irony of this 'Remember the SNES?' indie game development shit is that they have the same issues that they complain about 'mainstream AAA games have.' They spend far too much time on the story and characters and music and all that and not enough time on the sound and gameplay ideas.

Why isn't there a mini golf game like Kirby's Dream Course or a Pinball Quest or a Smash TV clone? There's plenty of dual joystick shooters but rarely done in a room by room basis. Where's my wrestling text adventure game that's about not getting 'heat' and getting in 'the doghouse?' A fictional version of the office stuff in EWR without having to worry about booking. Where's my Snake Rattle N Roll re-imagining?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Dude needs to lose the cape. I don't like it at all. Too cheesy and screams "mid-card for life," which is probably what WWE views him as anyway...so in that way, it's perfect.

He's a flippy indie guy. No shit he's not going anywhere.

What about Planet Harriers? As game development tools get smarter and smarter, I want to see more variety. The irony of this 'Remember the SNES?' indie game development shit is that they have the same issues that they complain about 'mainstream AAA games have.' They spend far too much time on the story and characters and music and all that and not enough time on the sound and gameplay ideas.

Why isn't there a mini golf game like Kirby's Dream Course or a Pinball Quest or a Smash TV clone? There's plenty of dual joystick shooters but rarely done in a room by room basis. Where's my wrestling text adventure game that's about not getting 'heat' and getting in 'the doghouse?' A fictional version of the office stuff in EWR without having to worry about booking. Where's my Snake Rattle N Roll re-imagining?

Because there are people who think games can't be legitimate without a story

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Where are my good indie wrestling games? Is it too much to ask that wrestling games aren't carny too?

Pro_Wrestling_X_mock_art.jpg

This is the ticket. Been in "development" since 2003, had two kickstarters and in it's current form is nothing more than 2 wrestlers who can either punch or do a brainbuster. Purchase now on Steam!

Wrestling carnies
Then.Now.Forever

bjork

I've never tried to make a game, but I would imagine most folks will try and emulate something they are familiar with first, just to get down the idea of making something that feels right. Then maybe they go from there? I honestly couldn't say.

klonere

Banned

Neville would be pretty lucky to be mid card for life on the Main roster. I predict a really hot feud with someone to start with and then going off a fucking cliff into being released in two years

This is the ticket. Been in "development" since 2003, had two kickstarters and in it's current form is nothing more than 2 wrestlers and a handful of moves. Purchase now on Steam!

Wrestling carnies
Then.Now.Forever

Friend Spider did you see the Video I posted? I believe it is relevant to your interests

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think the concept of Black Excellence is the issue here with New Day. They're clearly AS GOOD AS Cesaro and Kidd, or the Ascension, but are held to a higher standard because of...you know.

New Day is good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the concept of Black Excellence is the issue here with New Day. They're clearly AS GOOD AS Cesaro and Kidd, or the Ascension, but are held to a higher standard because of...you know.

New Day is good.

Big E could be Black Excellence. Kofi and Xavier need to go home and play Kideo games so Big E can find a real tag team and reform Fire and Ice with a newly signed Sekimoto.

klonere

Banned
im sad that Hotline Miami 2 was not a good video game friends

they just didn't have anything interesting in the tank after the original i guess

If the WWE gave characters time to breathe and things to do, maybe the New Day would have some semblance of entertainment aside from "here are these guys who are the exact same as before, but now in a group."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how Sheamus's heel turn is just him running in and hitting Daniel Bryan for reasons

There's no temptation to evil or anything, he just decides he wants to beat up the popular kids.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like how Sheamus's heel turn is just him running in and hitting Daniel Bryan for reasons

There's no temptation to evil or anything, he just decides he wants to beat up the popular kids.

I like that it doesn't need to be more than that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Big E is a waste of a perfectly good HOSS. You sign Scott Norton as a trainer specifically to tell Big E what to do and change his finisher to the shoulder breaker. If you can't sign Sekimoto, you put Fandango or Breeze with him and form the new Vicious & Delicious. Either way, Big E's career trajectory should be about emulating Scott Norton.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Big and and Titus should come out to J-pop and be Otaku's and then when the bell rings, they go into ass kicking mode and just wreck fools. When they win, the music starts and they go back to glorious Nippon mode.

Book it.

bjork

Someone remember to make the 25th anniversary of the Ultimate Challenge thread tomorrow.

I would but I think I'm going to sleep all day due to this seemingly endless headache I have. It's crippling my ability to live.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I need to summon a mod that has time to answer some questions for me, but I'm unsure which to talk to. After seeing the 2BFP community almost get shut down, I want to make sure WrassleGAF is in the clear.

I'm using the safeword so that a NeoGAF Mod who does have time to answer the questions via PM will let me know - so don't mind me using this, I just need to know who to PM about this.

Criminal Girls

Heel

im sad that Hotline Miami 2 was not a good video game friends

they just didn't have anything interesting in the tank after the original i guess

But what about the rich and rewarding story that's only comprehensible by scouring through wiki articles, or reading posts from people telling you how great the story is because they scoured through wiki articles, friend?

Well, at least the soundtrack is good.

Vylash

hating on Neville's badass wizard cape? disgusting, that thing is awesome

I need to summon a mod that has time to answer some questions for me, but I'm unsure which to talk to. After seeing the 2BFP community almost get shut down, I want to make sure WrassleGAF is in the clear.

I'm using the safeword so that a NeoGAF Mod who does have time to answer the questions via PM will let me know - so don't mind me using this, I just need to know who to PM about this.

Criminal Girls
NOT DURING WOMEN'S MONTH

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Big E is a waste of a perfectly good HOSS. You sign Scott Norton as a trainer specifically to tell Big E what to do and change his finisher to the shoulder breaker. If you can't sign Sekimoto, you put Fandango or Breeze with him and form the new Vicious & Delicious. Either way, Big E's career trajectory should be about emulating Scott Norton.

Boy I could really go for a team called Pretty Strong, Breeze and E.

Top Bottom