• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

I can never tell if people are serious when they don't know if people are serious about their Taylor Swift love. She's a chart topping hit maker that makes fun music. What's not to love?
I was confused because of the prominent love in wrasslegaf, so I wasn't sure if it was some sort of joke that started up. I wouldn't question someone if they mentioned it in a conversation.

strobogo

Banned
I'm confused over people who genuinely are obsessed with Amiibos (Wesker RIP), think the Bellas still suck, and are into death matches, but I wouldn't call those people gimmick posters.

Toki767

I was confused because of the prominent love in wrasslegaf, so I wasn't sure if it was some sort of joke that started up. I wouldn't question someone if they mentioned it in a conversation.
If there were less gimmick posting I wouldn't even be questioning things like this, yeah.

I stand firmly behind every post I make. Even if my position evolves over time and I rescind a post after considering it, at the moment of posting every statement I make is genuine. That's a god damned guarantee.

That seems likely Vylash. Every now and then some fucking peacock will wander in here throwing buzzwords like "gimmick" or "hostile" as if they have any idea what's it like to be down here in the post mines trying to dig up new content.

strobogo

Banned
The Rock knows the words to Taylor Swift songs and proudly lip syncs them on TV, yet people don't believe people in this thread can enjoy her music. Because men don't listen to pop music or something.

I'm confused over people who genuinely are obsessed with Amiibos (Wesker RIP), think the Bellas still suck, and are into death matches, but I wouldn't call those people gimmick posters.
Would you call them gimmick people?

This damn thread is turning into Pop-Gaf!
I kid, you guys are some down-ass Locs.

Just finishing up season 4 of Louie. Pretty enjoyable, I like the overarching/less absurdist stories that are focused on this season. Although more comic round tables scenes would have been nice.

strobogo

Banned
Would you call them gimmick people?

No. People like different things. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean they aren't into whatever it is they are saying they're into. I think the Young Bucks are dog shit, but I don't for one second question Falling Edge's love of them. That love is 4real.

Toki767

People can like whoever or whatever they like. I only get annoyed when people write their posts like they're trying to cut a promo. That's gimmick posting to me.

I apologize to those I've offended by implying the Taylor Swift love is a work. I'll show myself out now.

bye.gif

People can like whoever or whatever they like. I only get annoyed when people write their posts like they're trying to cut a promo. That's gimmick posting to me.

Show me one person who does this. I'll wait.

To those who have forsaken Tay: You're forgiven.

I believe there are infinite ways to come into the fold and become a Swiftie, but perhaps none better than checking her out live for yourself. I think this little dust up between the enlightened and unenlightened could have been prevented a month ago if maybe some vital information like the kind I just linked was included in the OT, but alas...

Between giving me a much needed bathroom break at WrestleMania and now ushering in an era of acceptance of pop music to wrestling fans, The Rock is doing God's work.

How is balee dat racist? It just sounds like how the youth would pronounce it, breh.

You know how like in every Independence Day thread there's people that type,

"Welcome to Earf!",

and then there's people that reply,

"He doesn't say 'Earf' he says 'Earth'. That's f*cking racist."

Like that.

You know how like in every Independence Day thread there's people that type,

"Welcome to Earf!",

and then there's people that reply,

"He doesn't say 'Earf' he says 'Earth'. That's f*cking racist."

Like that.
Yeah, that's pretty fucked.
Although whenever I have a hard time pronouncing a word I just pretend im a well educated White person to help me out, is that racist?

strobogo

Banned
All this talk about Swift and if men should listen to it.

I'd rather listen to music for (sick) men and women.

https://youtu.be/qBeePb1Wu74

What a surprise that Carnby likes angry "look at me I'm so dark" kind of music.

I don't like The Matrix.
Not just the sequels. All of them.

I didn't like any of them for a long time. Now I think the original is pretty dope and the other two are still garbage.

Recall

Opinions on music are the fucking worst. Everything is shit to somebody. You like what you like and I'll like what I like. How about no live music to ever grace a Wrestlemania again? It is a waste of everyone's time.

Rewatching Royal Rumble 2001 again for the first time in 14 years and only two matches in and it is already as good as I remember. The ladder match between Benoit and Jericho is godly.

Dark City: Directors Cut is the best Matrix movie.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I stand firmly behind every post I make. Even if my position evolves over time and I rescind a post after considering it, at the moment of posting every statement I make is genuine. That's a god damned guarantee.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

NoRéN

Opinions on music are the fucking worst. Everything is shit to somebody. You like what you like and I'll like what I like. How about no live music to ever grace a Wrestlemania again? It is a waste of everyone's time.
But that was the bathroom break for us peasants in the nosebleed seats. :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I didn't like any of them for a long time. Now I think the original is pretty dope and the other two are still garbage.

Why don't you like the first?

I feel like it doesn't deliver enough on the premise. The only stuff I really liked about it was Morpheus, The Oracle, Neo, that cool shot under the bridge when it's raining and the computer world premise. Like I think the computer world idea would have worked much better if it was a corporation instead of aliens. In theory, I should have liked it, but I just hate the pacing and like I said, the ending made me feel like, 'Wait, that's it?' A lot of it felt like they spent too long on slow mo shots and realize 'fuck we need to kill all these characters.' The only time the movie breathes is for the slow-mo shots, and I thought those were dumb then and I still think they're dumb now. Not a fan of the super wire fu either.

And I thought the best scene was Neo trying to escape the office. Which had zero wire fu or slow zoom in moments.

strobogo

Banned

Rewatching Royal Rumble 2001 again for the first time in 14 years and only two matches in and it is already as good as I remember. The ladder match between Benoit and Jericho is godly.

Dark City: Directors Cut is the best Matrix movie.

The music acts at WM are built in bathroom/concession runs. I don't know why people are so offended by them. They are a gift.

Top Bottom