• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

JavyOO7

I went back and watched a lot of the Brock promos right before the Royal Rumble, and it's VERY obvious they were planning Rollins to be the guy at Mania, hands down. Obviously they wanted to "make" Roman as well in the buildup but he underdelivered. Brock is an unbelievable babyface even before the Rumble.

Yes, it was all planned in advance, easily. Everyone was just paying attention to Reigns.

I feel bad for Roman. He's just not clicking with promos just yet. I feel its not entirely his fault because of the awesome creative power that is behind him. Though I guess you can argue that Rollins and Ambrose are also fed caca and still come out just fine.

He also needs to have more singles matches. I would not mind a best of seven with D. Brine, to be honest. They both have great chemistry in the ring and it'd blossom to a pretty awesome series of matches. That's how Roman is supposed to look. Too good, too stronk, too godlike. Not losing by school boy against Rollins a few weeks before Wrasslemania, brother.

Toki767

Reigns is fine in those in studio interviews. Maybe they should just only do those for him like they did it for Brock. I don't know what it is about him cutting a promo in the ring but he just doesn't look comfortable when he's out there compared to when someone's just talking to him one on one like on Smackdown.

Heroman

Banned
I went back and watched a lot of the Brock promos right before the Royal Rumble, and it's VERY obvious they were planning Rollins to be the guy at Mania, hands down. Obviously they wanted to "make" Roman as well in the buildup but he underdelivered. Brock is an unbelievable babyface even before the Rumble.

Naw, it was all planned in advance, easily. Everyone was just paying attention to Reigns.
Yeah no, they never plan for Seth to be the guy at mania. They probably build him strong so roman had someone to feud while brock was gone with, or/and they didn't a big time heel who wasn't Kane or show..

scabro

"(other girl's name) was really special to me. Being with you, (new girls name) reminded me of the times i had with her, the best times i've ever had. I couldn't help accidentally saying her name, it was like a reflex. I've never had that much fun with anyone, but you, (new girl's name), you reminded of those times, and how until (date of new fun times) with you, i had never experienced something so good. But now i realize that we have something even better, and i don't want to lose that"

and then you two buy a dog together, and watch it die.

ROH SPOILERS:
KRD were the addiction and Nick saban. Addiction new tag champs

did not see that coming.

HAIL SABIN

No. People like different things. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean they aren't into whatever it is they are saying they're into. I think the Young Bucks are dog shit, but I don't for one second question Falling Edge's love of them. That love is 4real.

MeVgEDc.gif

Speaking of the young bizzles

Invasion attack 3 hours

Yohei Komatsu, Captain New Japan, Alex Shelley, Kushida, & Yuji Nagata vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi, & Sho Tanaka

Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga & Cody Hall

Young Bucks vs. Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero for IWGP jr. tag titles

Kenny Omega vs. Mascara Dorada for IWGP jr. title

Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows vs. Michael Bennett & Matt Taven for IWGP tag titles

Togi Makabe & Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii & Yoshi-Hashi

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano

Kazuchika Okada vs. Bad Luck Fale

A.J. Styles vs. Kota Ibushi for IWGP heavyweight title

Awesome. PWG doesn't come out with many shows but they are always on point. I think I will do my best to see if I can make it out to BOLA this year. Have a grand ol time.

Now that I've done a few WrestleManias, and wih ROH and King of Trios behind me, the remaining wrestling must-sees are BOLA, maybe Cage of Death, and international events like 16 Karat or the January 4th show.

Chris saban, got football on the brain lol

I would have been very amused if it had been
the football coach because he seems like an utterly humorless man.

Nonetheless,
I'm intrigued. I never think of Sabin as anything much more than a fairly bland babyface.

RP912

Banned
After watching Road to Invasion Attack, it's safe to say AJ Styles shot himself up to number 1 on my top five current wrestler.

Dude gets better with time wrestling and promo wise.

Toki767

Speaking of the young bizzles

Invasion attack 3 hours

Yohei Komatsu, Captain New Japan, Alex Shelley, Kushida, & Yuji Nagata vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi, & Sho Tanaka

Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga & Cody Hall

Young Bucks vs. Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero for IWGP jr. tag titles

Kenny Omega vs. Mascara Dorada for IWGP jr. title

Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows vs. Michael Bennett & Matt Taven for IWGP tag titles

Togi Makabe & Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii & Yoshi-Hashi

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano

Kazuchika Okada vs. Bad Luck Fale

A.J. Styles vs. Kota Ibushi for IWGP heavyweight title
Man...Invasion Attack starts around midnight here which means the main event won't be till like close to 4AM. So much for watching that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
"(other girl's name) was really special to me. Being with you, (new girls name) reminded me of the times i had with her, the best times i've ever had. I couldn't help accidentally saying her name, it was like a reflex. I've never had that much fun with anyone, but you, (new girl's name), you reminded of those times, and how until (date of new fun times) with you, i had never experienced something so good. But now i realize that we have something even better, and i don't want to lose that"

and then you two buy a dog together, and watch it die.
evilest.gif

JavyOO7

Can't wait to catch up to all of the NJPW non sense that I've missed. Last thing I finished was Jan 18 Fantastica Mania, which was great. Especially the main event and its backstory. (Ultimo Guerrero and Atlantis)

Watching the repeat of Lucha Underground on UNImas and I was surprised that they seem to film all of the vignettes in english and spanish. I was expecting just subtitles or something. Johnny Mundo's spanish ain't so bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kidani did say the 25th G1 would be the biggest tournament ever. I'll be disappointed if it's all gaijins and no dudes from other Japanese promotions.

/gedotroll

Well since it's Gedo, I expect Mike Bennett, Matt Taven, Michael Elgin, Jay Briscoe, Jay Lethal, AR Fox, and CJ Parker

They're already used to the blackout streams
KuGsj.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The booking for the event has been atrocious so far, by the way.

NJPW treats their tag titles worse than WWE treats their mid-cards.

cdViking

Read Death of WCW; I really appreciate the timeline, and the facts/story it tells, but holy shit is it terribly written. Could have been a legitimately great book, but sacrifices that for the smarkiest, smarmiest prose I've ever seen.

Top Bottom