• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

RBH

q5GpE3I.gif

Because he was being held back, or something. Locked in a metaphorical cage that he could only break out of with the power of RAGE! The Full Sail nerds seem to love him un-ironically, which I can't quite fathom. If there's a bigger waste of space on the roster, I couldn't name them.

SAY IT TO HIS FACE!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Predictions for outsiders in G1 this year:
Marufuji(seems obvious)
Suzuki(to come attempt to claim the final belt needed for him to have held all three major belts. remind AJ that he's always watching, mother fucker.)
Takayama(maybe?)
Sugiura(He'll wrestle Makabe and Ishii. Maybe Shibata and Shinsuke as well.)
Sekimoto? Maybe? I don't know what his NJPW relationship is like these days, but he's done NOAH before, and he's a big draw to help fill that expensive building they're renting. Similarly
Jun Kasai? No? Yes? They got a lot of space to fill and this would be another draw for a mega show. Mostly just wishful thinking on my part.

Sadly I see a bunch of ROH goobers like Taven and Bennett instead. It's too bad NJPW can't rekindle their relationship with Zero-1. I'da loved to seen old man Otani show up.

jred2k

Gallows must have the worst look in wrestling. Everything about him screams shitty fairgrounds wrestler getting paid in concessions. His face paint always looks terrible.

Who from ROH, aside from Adam Cole, would even fit in the G1? Michael Elgin and Jay Briscoe would look so out of place.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gallows must have the worst look in wrestling. Everything about him screams shitty fairgrounds wrestler getting paid in concessions. His face paint always looks terrible.

Who from ROH, aside from Adam Cole, would even fit in the G1? Michael Elgin and Jay Briscoe would look so out of place.

I would have said the same thing about Trent.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Brother Data, Decker sure ended on bang

Lanoi was a traitor as we all suspected
Dip shit Greg wasn't willing to make the sacrifice for his country that he "loves" by burning his tapes so Decker had to do it for him.
I can't believe Abdul is still alive, wow, didn't see that one coming.
Also, I don't know if you caught it or not, but if you quickly pause it at 7:09 in the finale, it says "Arnold" in blood. Very subtle yet impact-full for those who are paying attention. I managed to catch it on my 564th viewing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brother Data, Decker sure ended on bang

Lanoi was a traitor as we all suspected
Dip shit Greg wasn't willing to make the sacrifice for his country that he "loves" by burning his tapes so Decker had to do it for him.
I can't believe Abdul is still alive, wow, didn't see that one coming.
Also, I don't know if you caught it or not, but if you quickly pause it at 7:09 in the finale, it says "Arnold" in blood. Very subtle yet impact-full for those who are paying attention. I managed to catch it on my 564th viewing.

Unsurprisingly, I think that piece of shit Turkington broke character and ruined what was otherwise a 10/10 episode.

I can't believe Decker had to kill his best friend.
RIP Tom Cruise Heidecker

XenoRaven

Predictions for outsiders in G1 this year:
Marufuji(seems obvious)
Suzuki(to come attempt to claim the final belt needed for him to have held all three major belts. remind AJ that he's always watching, mother fucker.)
Takayama(maybe?)
Sugiura(He'll wrestle Makabe and Ishii. Maybe Shibata and Shinsuke as well.)
Sekimoto? Maybe? I don't know what his NJPW relationship is like these days, but he's done NOAH before, and he's a big draw to help fill that expensive building they're renting. Similarly
Jun Kasai? No? Yes? They got a lot of space to fill and this would be another draw for a mega show. Mostly just wishful thinking on my part.

Sadly I see a bunch of ROH goobers like Taven and Bennett instead. It's too bad NJPW can't rekindle their relationship with Zero-1. I'da loved to seen old man Otani show up.
I need this to happen.

Who wants to defend Gedo on this one? I'm waiting.

I don't think you'll find anyone willing to defend the state of the tag divisions. I at least enjoyed the jr. tag match (although I'm sure it wasn't your cup of tea), but Gallows & Anderson are such a dull team, I can't muster up any enthusiasm for their matches. And neither could the crowd, it seemed, as they damn well sucked the heat right out of the building.

Has Gedo ever booked a compelling tag division? In his five years as booker the only memorable reign was Bad Intentions, by my reckoning.

Brock vs Roman At WM > Okada vs Tanahashi at WK9
Believe that.

Lol, I will not balee dat. Not at all. Not in the slightest.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
3 months ago it was the best promotion in the world. Now people are more focused on all the bad parts of it and complaining about the end of an angle likely 8 months away.

I don't know, I remember people complaining about Okada far more than 3 months ago. Basically as soon as he won the title the second time over Naito.

bjork

I remember all those times he was my first pull in a new tier of supercard and I didn't play his color so it didn't do me any good. That rat bastard.

3 months ago it was the best promotion in the world. Now people are more focused on all the bad parts of it and complaining about the end of an angle likely 8 months away.

As long as New Japan's business keeps trending upwards, it's hard to view those with objections towards the current direction as more than just a vocal minority. I think successfully adding a 4th star to the top-tier of talent would go some way to silencing a lot of them, though. People talk about New Japan's inability to make new stars, but always leave Okada out of the equation, or treat him as part of the problem when, in reality, he's been the biggest success New Japan have had since Tanahashi. They'd be foolish not to protect that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I probably like Okada. I just like other people more. Like I don't think he's as good as Tanahashi or Nakamura and definitely not AJ. Honestly, I think Naito and Shibata are both better than him. He could be the best of all time in a few more years because he was improving rapidly(though I think he's slowed down a lot sinceh is spot solidified)

This is all just personal opinion. I've never said, "NJPW is going to go down the drain unless they push blank.' It's more, "I'm losing more interest" Though I have no idea if Stro is referring to me(Bret Hart) directly or not. Because I'd hate to lose interest in NJPW as it has the most stacked roster in the world for the main event. Even Nakamura feels like he's just coasting right now. You would think the time period prior to G1/Wrestle Kingdom/BOSJ would be where they say 'ok let's try some different stuff.'

Like the most entertaining feud right now is Tanahashi/Yano. Sakuraba/Shibata and Nakamura/Goto have some huge potential too, but I want to be excited about G1, but that's hard when WK9 basically said, 'Here's the ending to G1 2015 - Okada or Tanahashi will win'

Top Bottom