• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

The revised edition is apparently a lot better than the original. Haven't read that version though.

Great shots during the Tanahashi tag match intros.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wonder if NJPW World will do anything to reimburse for their site being down during one of their bigger shows of the year.

The booking for the event has been atrocious so far, by the way.

NJPW treats their tag titles worse than WWE treats their mid-cards.

They've just set up Goto vs Nakamura and Shibata vs Sakuraba, so it's not all bad. Tag titles are meaningless, it's pretty sad but there just isn't enough depth in the tag division. Make some new permanent teams, do a stable shake up, bring in some outsiders, whatever, just do SOMETHING to bring some excitement back to the tag divisions.

Even with 95% of his body covered, holy hell does Fale have a bad-looking body.

Also, without the blonde hair, he reminds me of a Samoan version of NOD Kama Mustafa.

Great hype vid though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They've just set up Goto vs Nakamura and Shibata vs Sakuraba, so it's not all bad. Tag titles are meaningless, it's pretty sad but there just isn't enough depth in the tag division. Make some new permanent teams, do a stable shake up, bring in some outsiders, whatever, just do SOMETHING to bring some excitement back to the tag divisions.

It's sad because they have plenty of tag teams that could work, Shibata/Goto and Ibushi/Naito. So now the tag division joins the anemic juniors division. It's like they don't think about their card in the long term outside of anything but the last 3 matches of each card

No joke, I woke up late and missed the first match and my mind, without even thinking about it went, 'Oh, it's NJPW. Who cares if I missed anything in the first half'

Fale vs Okada was great, easily Fale's best match yet. He's never going to be the greatest, but his confidence has grown a ton over the past year and that's made a world of difference. He looks strong in control, rather than needing to be led through a match. Great work from Okada, as well.

Read Death of WCW; I really appreciate the timeline, and the facts/story it tells, but holy shit is it terribly written. Could have been a legitimately great book, but sacrifices that for the smarkiest, smarmiest prose I've ever seen.

I still haven't read it, despite the bad writing is still worth reading?

Ibushi vs Styles was a lot of fun, they lost me a bit in the middle there with Ibushi's inconsistent selling, but the opening and closing thirds were great. Enjoyable show overall, the jr. title matches were good and the whole second half kicked ass, great stuff. Looking forward to Dontaku.

Not this half of the year, at least - a feud with Sakuraba will be good for him, fairly high profile, sure to be a draw, etc. Hopefully he'll come out of the G1 with a bigger push. People shouldn't be overly concerned though, I think New Japan have plans for him - if they didn't see him as a top, or near-top of the roster guy, he'd have been feuding for the NEVER belt by now.

Vee_One

Punk called him out on TV for a DUI, so he's mocking Punk's wife (after she leaves the company...) for getting the date of her first Divas title win tattooed on her neck. He's basically being a cunt, but do so to the right people since Punk is an enemy of the state.

Full writeup on Invasion Attack is up -
http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/04/njpw-invasion-attack-2015.html

2 carny 4 me

Thanks for the background.

EDIT: I think the rage gimmick is lame

I'm not even sure it's a gmmick. He's got rage on his ass, and because his entrance video says RAGE, he's...a guy with rage. Why? He's an upper-middle class white guy who has had a reasonably successful pro wrestling career in two separate parts of the industry at a fairly young age.

I'm not even sure it's a gmmick. He's got rage on his ass, and because his entrance video says RAGE, he's...a guy with rage. Why? He's an upper-middle class white guy who has had a reasonably successful pro wrestling career in two separate parts of the industry at a fairly young age.

Because he was being held back, or something. Locked in a metaphorical cage that he could only break out of with the power of RAGE! The Full Sail nerds seem to love him un-ironically, which I can't quite fathom. If there's a bigger waste of space on the roster, I couldn't name them.

Because he was being held back, or something. Locked in a metaphorical cage that he could only break out of with the power of RAGE! The Full Sail nerds seem to love him un-ironically, which I can't quite fathom. If there's a bigger waste of space on the roster, I couldn't name them.

Do they though? He's had 1 match and some well done build up at full sail, and he got booed soundly against Owens.

Man, people already complaining about Okada potentially beating AJ. Like there was any ever other end to this feud than Okada getting his redemption.

Do they though? He's had 1 match and some well done build up at full sail, and he got booed soundly against Owens.

Ah, I'm not caught up yet - I guess the crowd were giving him a chance, but man those vignettes were so terrible and Riley's so abysmal at everything he does, he deserved to be booed out of the building.

So Riley is the E's version of the Bucks

Minus the talent. Any talent. Whatsoever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, people already complaining about Okada potentially beating AJ. Like there was any ever other end to this feud than Okada getting his redemption.

Roman-Reigns-Wins-WWE-Royal-Rumble.jpg

Carnby

Patience. Keep your distance and I always tended to land one or two hits and just run away. Always rolling too. When he gets into his final form, play the music box, backstab while stunned, R1 stab thing, then run like hell. He should almost be dead at this point. I threw a cocktail, landed a few more hits and it was gg.

Thanks!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So what was even the point of hot shotting the titles back to Bullet Club only to hot shot them back to someone else? Two teams that have ZERO heat going into NJPW and are basically completely fresh. Two first defense title changes. Who wants to defend Gedo on this one? I'm waiting.

Looks like Zero-1 booked another 5 v 5 single match. That's cool, I like those a lot.

Top Bottom