• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Oh and don't forget Stings agent saying one night of a burial cant undo 25 years of greatness.

Sting was brought in to make the WWE stronger, and further bury WCW, and really hurt Sting.

Toki767

Savio was always decent. He had one somewhat memorable feud with Austin and that was basically it for him though.

Still don't know why King Mabel was a thing. Other than Vince seeing the size of the guy and thinking he was money.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fun experiment: spread the rumour that one of your female employees is pregnant this week. Does not matter if she is or not. Please be sure to come back to us with your results.

That's true, I forgot how shitty people can be towards women.

strobogo

Banned
Oh and don't forget Stings agent saying one night of a burial cant undo 25 years of greatness.

Sting was brought in to make the WWE stronger, and further bury WCW, and really hurt Sting.

It took 5 dudes and a sledgehammer to beat Sting in a match that got the biggest reaction at WM. He wasn't buried.

The ending of Great Sasuke vs Onita as carny as fuck. It's a land mind double hell time bomb death match and sasuke and the ref eat the mine at the end and Onita pours water over Sasuke and drags him out of the ring while Sasuke lays completely limp with sad funeral dirge music playing
uO3KXvT.gif

Alright...so I might be slightly unfamiliar with death matches such as these...but I have to ask for the sake of my curiosity: how did such a match between Great Sasuke and Onita happened? Like how deep does this feud go that they signed an agreement to have a No Rope Barbed Wire Time Bomb Exploding Landmine Double Hell Deathmatch?

What am I asking here is: Am I overthinking the insanity that wrestling can be sometimes?

klonere

Banned
speaking of Austin dude is still super into Cesaro, wants him pushed big in a singles format. He sounded especially mad at Vince's insinuation that Cesaro couldn't be a star because he's Swiss, more so than other times its been brought up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When Big E and Rusev get released because Creative has nothing for them, BJW's got a nice spot set up for both.
f2CeX13.gif

Ma1Dp2T.gif

BJW Barbershop Division

Alright...so I might be slightly unfamiliar with death matches such as these...but I have to ask for the sake of my curiosity: how did such a match between Great Sasuke and Onita happened? Like how deep does this feud go that they signed an agreement to have a No Rope Barbed Wire Time Bomb Exploding Landmine Double Hell Deathmatch?

What am I asking here is: Am I overthinking the insanity that wrestling can be sometimes?

Onita is actually really, really, really good at kayfabe pissing people off
tumblr_ngiyklqCou1sbqspto3_r1_400.gif

dream

Oh no, Diesel didn't win the Royal Rumble when he returned as a surprise entrant. How dare they bury him.

dream

The point here is Stinger is old, and an old Stinger sucks. Despite what the fans chant, no, he doesn't "still got it" despite being able to throw one or two half-assed dropkicks. HHH is old too, but he's the focal point of the company who can still be carried to a pretty decent match. Now let's allow nostalgia to breathe its last dying gasp and stop talking about Real Estate Steve.

Paracelsus

The point here is Stinger is old, and an old Stinger sucks. Despite what the fans chant, no, he doesn't "still got it" despite being able to throw one or two half-assed dropkicks. HHH is old too, but he's the focal point of the company who can still be carried to a pretty decent match. Now let's allow nostalgia to breathe its last dying gasp and stop talking about Real Estate Steve.

Are you aware you described HHH's whole career?

jmdajr

How do ya'll feel about a double retirement match at Wrestlania Star?

JR and Metz thinks it's a good idea.

I think I still prefer Cena/Taker being his last match over Stang/Taker.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was talking with a friend about the whole Nakamura tweet and people getting all 'omg danny bryan vs shinskee-mania' and we both came to the conclusion we'd rather see john cena in japan than any other wwe wrestler. especially like an ajpw or maybe a noah ring just because his style is so different. a lot of people that others want to see jump to njpw are already emulating that style of 'i kick a lot and i do suplexes. i watched a lot of dynamite kid vs tiger mask growing up, can you tell?' wrestling, and would that really be exciting?

Fox318

I'd rather see Sting-Taker

Unless we get a Cena heel turn

Striker

Also Cole was defending WCW during the Stang match, watch it again. JBL was the only one going after them.
Lawler defended him. Cole and JBL were saying how Sting was trying to put them out of business, and it took creeper Lawler of all people to apply logic and how he was just a wrestler, not Eric Bischoff or an exec.

Toki767

They may as well do it. They can throw enough smoke and mirrors to make it last 10 minutes. And let's face it. Bray Wyatt didn't really do anything with the Undertaker this year that Sting couldn't have done. They had like the most basic match ever.

dream

Was talking with a friend about the whole Nakamura tweet and people getting all 'omg danny bryan vs shinskee-mania' and we both came to the conclusion we'd rather see john cena in japan than any other wwe wrestler. especially like an ajpw or maybe a noah ring just because his style is so different. a lot of people that others want to see jump to njpw are already emulating that style of 'i kick a lot and i do suplexes. i watched a lot of dynamite kid vs tiger mask growing up, can you tell?' wrestling, and would that really be exciting?

You know, I can see that working. I'm reminded of the 80s, when Hulk was generally thought of to be the same type of worker as John Cena is today. Then Hulk shocked Nippon by chain wrestling, adopting a Stan Hansen strong style offense, and switching his finisher to the Axe Bomber.

strobogo

Banned
They may as well do it. They can throw enough smoke and mirrors to make it last 10 minutes. And let's face it. Bray Wyatt didn't really do anything with the Undertaker this year that Sting couldn't have done. They had like the most basic match ever.

And it was the worst match on the show. Despite Bray being nearly 30 years younger than Sting.

jmdajr

I wouldn't be pissed about Stang/Taker. I'd be fine with it. Hell you should leave it up to them. They've earned how to go out in my opinion.

strobogo

Banned
To be fair, strobo, Bray Wyatt is a very bad wrestler.

I mean...Taker was involved in the worst match on the show 2 years in a row and people think it is a good idea to put him in the ring with a guy 6 years older who certainly needs some help and smoke and mirrors to get through a big match?

RP912

Banned
Smh at the Bray hate. He's far from a bad wrestler...he's just stuck in the worst type of limbo since Rick Martel.

Toki767

I mean...Taker was involved in the worst match on the show 2 years in a row and people think it is a good idea to put him in the ring with a guy 6 years older who certainly needs some help and smoke and mirrors to get through a big match?

The match may have been the worst on the show, but it was certainly passable. That's all you can really hope for with both guys.

Striker

Only match I even would call worthwhile with Bray was with Bryan in last year's Rumble. And that was because you had a small dude flying around bumping for him.

Toki767

I think it certainly says a lot that Roman Reigns has had more better matches than Bray Wyatt. Granted Wyatt never got to work with Lesnar or Orton. Wyatt vs Bryan was probably better than Reigns vs Bryan though.

Top Bottom