• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Vylash

He's a decent wrestler saddled with a gimmick of a cult leader who has no following.

I honestly have no idea where they take him from here. What feud has he even won? Bryan was a draw at best. Ambrose? Given how Ambrose is the only one who's been booked worse than Bray, that's hardly an accomlishment.

For all the dirt sheets talk about Bray (and Ambrose as well) being "the future" and built up for pushes, hard to see that reflected in the way they've been booked.

just bring Bray back as a face, he's already over anyway, might as well run with it

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Bray's a good worker, but his promos are stale now and his cult leader gimmick doesn't work without the family. They shouldn't have broken them up since they didn't really have anything for them to do, as seen with the weird stalker thing Rowan was doing to the abrupt face turn they did to put him on Team Cena at Survivor Series.

strobogo

Banned
Even during the NWA days?

Because around then and before Vince Payroll, ECW was pretty watchable. It was unique for the time when wrestlers were clean shaven and sticking to the script.

Probably even worse in those days since it was just old washed up guys from WWF (and WWWF) and local jobbers from Raw.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Stro, I'm always on your side when it comes to ECW and Attitude Era.

ECW actually made talented wrestlers/mic guys shitty even. Like New Jack. New Jack could have been great, but ECW and its fans made him jump off balconies instead

RP912

Banned
You'll see it again with Reigns I imagine. His match with Brock was just the start.

I actually see that happening.

He's a decent wrestler saddled with a gimmick of a cult leader who has no following.

I honestly have no idea where they take him from here. What feud has he even won? Bryan was a draw at best. Ambrose? Given how Ambrose is the only one who's been booked worse than Bray, that's hardly an accomlishment.

For all the dirt sheets talk about Bray (and Ambrose as well) being "the future" and built up for pushes, hard to see that reflected in the way they've been booked.

Bray just needs the family back :(.

Probably even worse in those days since it was just old washed up guys from WWF (and WWWF) and local jobbers from Raw.

To be fair WWE relied on Old Guys during that time as well despite the "new generation" bullshit. You had King Kong Bundy headlining Wrestlemania :/.

strobogo

Banned
I actually see that happening.

To be fair WWE relied on Old Guys during that time as well despite the "new generation" bullshit. You had King Kong Bundy headlining Wrestlemania :/.

Bundy didn't headline, but ECW was using mid carders from the 70s as top stars in those days. Plus Snuka and 350 pounds of ham Don Muraco.

ECW actually made talented wrestlers/mic guys shitty even. Like New Jack. New Jack could have been great, but ECW and its fans made him jump off balconies instead

Love how you used new Jack and not Terry funk

RP912

Banned
Bundy didn't headline, but ECW was using mid carders from the 70s as top stars in those days. Plus Snuka and 350 pounds of ham Don Muraco.

Fair point. I guess ECW had to start out with something even if it's a 100 year old Terry Funk being the main event player.

Sandman vs Raven was a pretty cool storyline at ECW

Indeed. Putting Sandman's son into the storyline was some revolutionary stuff.

alstein

Dream, I want to float you a theory and see what you think. You know how people give Cena guff about his STF? Did they ever stop to think John Cena is holding back on them because he doesn't want to reinjure some delicate wannabe actor like Wade Barrett or he doesn't want Dolph to get a bruise and go on twitter to complain about it and embarrass the brand? You telling me the best pythons in the business today can't pull some dude's head back?

So if Cena goes to AJPW and has REAL tough guys to wrestle and not some guys who were raised by watching wrestling on TV instead of fighting for real like Akebono, would John Cena's STF be the most devastating submission hold in pro wrestling today? Would John Cena end careers as the hired gun of Mrs. Giant Baba? If some nobody from some nobody Orlando based promotion can have the most devastating Faithbreaker in Japan, surely Cena could be the master and ruler of the universe.

If you're doing 200 shows a year, you're going to go soft on your moves. AJPW guys had a lot more time off than WWE guys- it's one reason WWE style isn't stiff.

RP912

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;159075943 said:
hate on ecw all you want but I don't see rivers cuomo singing about the boyhood dream or some shit on pinkerton

psst and they say New Jack isn't over.

NoRéN

Had they not saddled the Ascension with the makeup and weird outfits, they could have filled that spot.

Every week, Bray and the Family come out to interrupt matches and beat the hell out of the dudes in the ring. The following week, those dudes show up, recruited to the family. Next thing you know, half the roster is converted with the usual suspects left unconverted: Cena, Ziggler, Ambrose, Ryback. The family starts to walk to the ring and surrounds them when Brock's music hits and he tears shit up. Suplex the fuck out of the family, everyone is left on the floor. Arena is cheering because Brock saved the day.

Cena grabs a mic and starts to thank Brock when Brock interrupts. They were just in his way. He's back for Rollins.

klonere

Banned
what i really want to know is

what level of comedy gimmick is Rusev going to be stuck with after he loses to Cena at ER

bjork

Real talk: when they did throwback night and Vince announced with Jesse, they fucked up by playing him out to Mr McMahon's music.

Also Justin Roberts was horrible.

I wonder what would happen if you spilled some blood in the shark tank that is Full Sail University. No doubt those god damned cannibals would start demanding Enzo Amore start wrestling barb wired rope matches.

America loving Rusev, after seeing the error of his ways thanks to Cena he starts embracing American culture with hilarious results.

It could be like perfect strangers the show. him and Cena can do skits reminiscent of Balki Bartokomous

I can just see it now.*wearing a stars and stripes baseball cap* "Don't be ridiculous" followed by Eddie Murphy type laugh

It got quiet in here maybe everyone is watching the Wyatt promo.

Sanjuro

I mean in the promo sense. Jake is like Warrior in terms of his likability on the mic, either you get him or you don't. It felt like every promo Jake did was a slow and prodding way of telling his opponent that his family didn't love him anymore.

klonere

Banned
America loving Rusev, after seeing the error of his ways thanks to Cena he starts embracing American culture with hilarious results.

you know i think this could have worked with Rusev winning at WM

he comes out at Raw the next night, decked out in Cena's old rapper gear, crip walkin american flags, the whole 9 yards and using that amazing trap version of his theme. He says that he can do everything better than Cena, even being a "pathetic American", gets cocky and gives Cena a rematch at ER.

He then loses at ER and says "you know all that American stuff wasn't too bad, wasn't it Lana", boom Lana cuts a promo in her regular accent about how great they have gotten on in America, touring around, buying that crazy ass house and making mad money. Easy face turn for Rusev, who wouldn't need that win streak anymore to be a convincing heel.

fantasybooking.txt

bjork

Well, Bray reminds Jake of Jake.

I wonder if you asked 1992 or so Jake, would he think that. Maybe he's remembering this promo where he had a hat on.

I mean in the promo sense. Jake is like Warrior in terms of his likability on the mic, either you get him or you don't. It felt like every promo Jake did was a slow and prodding way of telling his opponent that his family didn't love him anymore.

Booing this post.

Sanjuro

Would you love Bray more if he was winning more matches?

There hasn't been many opponents he has faced that he needs to be winning against. I think he is doing alright, still kind of bummed about him not being able to put on a show during his Undertaker match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was is the connection between Madusa and Paul anyway?

They seem like bros but I dont think they worked together. Unless they did?

I am sure this was probably mentioned at the HOF or something but I didnt watch that.

dangerous_alliance_paul_e_ravishing_rick_rude_and_madusa_7BS195Ez.sized.jpg

kiguel182

Do you guys know if the free month of the WWE works if I create a different email for it or do they IP check this stuff?

EDIT: Last free month they billed my card when I signed up. But I think that was a paypal thing. I'm still burned by it.

fun fact: Searching for a dangerous alliance picture led me to an article on wwe.com in 2012 called "Classic Factions reborn" where wwe.com writers fan book new versions of old factions

They are all terrible

Million Dollar Corporation (terrible)
20120919_article_FULL_groups_%24%24%24.jpg

Ministry of Darkness (Terrible)
20120919_article_FULL_groups_DARK.jpg

Dangerous Alliance (ESPECIALLY bad)
20120919_article_FULL_groups_ALLIANCE.jpg

Dudes with Attitude (bad)
20120919_article_FULL_groups_DUDES.jpg

The Flock (also bad)
20120919_article_FULL_groups_FLOCK.jpg

Four Horsemen (no one on here has the necessary swagger)
20120919_article_FULL_groups_HORSEMAN.jpg

NWO (utterly laughable)
20120919_article_FULL_groups_NWO.jpg

Top Bottom