• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Finished KotR 1995 today.

Well deserved reputation this one has.

Highlights:

Bob Backlund being crazy
You could do worse than a Kiss my foot match.
Savio Vega wrestled four times in three hours.
Bam Bam looked good.

Lowlights:

The matches suck
No one wants King Mabel
Weird finishes you'd never see today.
All of the star power gets knocked out. The other semifinal is a green as hell Roadie versus Savio Vega. Undertaker loses to Mabel, Yokozuna loses to Savio Vega, HBK has a "double draw" with the Supreme Fighting Machine Kama.
Did I mention that Doc Hendrix is the color commentator? Yikes.

Y'know, it's really a shame they don't have Luke Harper and Big E as the Authority stooges, rather than Kane and Big Show. Big E would be a great candidate to try a Rock-like build (i.e. corporate heel who slowly shows more and more of his naturally goofy personality and becomes a cool fan favorite), and Luke Harper, despite being superficially scrawnier, is much more convincing when he gets "mean" than either Kane OR Big Show.

I'd be super, super down for Bryan vs. Big E for the IC strap, as Big E had a fairly dope match with CM Punk before he left, and Bryan is like Punk if he had coordination and wasn't miserable.

strobogo

Banned
Throughout the match, you had to think that was where they were going. JBL and Cole were both constantly degrading WCW and how Sting was a minnow in a small pond, and how he's here! In the Atlantic Ocean! Where the big fish play. Or something.

It was absolutely annoying to watch a while because of it. I mean, WWE owns the WCW property and at their own convenience, they pimp WCW footage or popularity. But here, when you finally have Sting at last, you crap on it and basically tell everybody his accomplishments mean nothing.

The overbooking stuff was fine, no issue with it or how canon it was. The story heading in was downright awful, so of course it was all over the place. But Sting had zero business losing in his debut match at the biggest show of the year. I see some mention, "Well it's pushing Triple H toward The Rock/Rousey!", all in while avoiding the situation where Sting faces the Undertaker next year. Triple H is a heel, he can take losses any time and it will never hurt him. It was beyond stupid and a total Vince/Triple H ego trip.

There will be no Sting/Taker next year. And there shouldn't be. That match would be terrible. The ship sailed at least a decade ago for that. IF Sting is booked again and it has to be against another old timer, it should probably be HBK. I feel like HBK can probably still put on a good match. Bible on a pole match.

Vylash

exclusive look at plans for Adrian Neville tonight

TxGJV3O.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There was that time period where Undertaker used the dragon sleeper a lot.

I liked that better than the Hell's Gate and it actually benefited from his height.

Throughout the match, you had to think that was where they were going. JBL and Cole were both constantly degrading WCW and how Sting was a minnow in a small pond, and how he's here! In the Atlantic Ocean! Where the big fish play. Or something.

It was absolutely annoying to watch a while because of it. I mean, WWE owns the WCW property and at their own convenience, they pimp WCW footage or popularity. But here, when you finally have Sting at last, you crap on it and basically tell everybody his accomplishments mean nothing.

The overbooking stuff was fine, no issue with it or how canon it was. The story heading in was downright awful, so of course it was all over the place. But Sting had zero business losing in his debut match at the biggest show of the year. I see some mention, "Well it's pushing Triple H toward The Rock/Rousey!", all in while avoiding the situation where Sting faces the Undertaker next year. Triple H is a heel, he can take losses any time and it will never hurt him. It was beyond stupid and a total Vince/Triple H ego trip.

I agree with everything you said. you said, I think one other reason Sting lost was because we probably wont see him wrestle again. I don't think Vince was happy with anything he brought to the table.

Vince "We plucked him from obscurity"
Sting "Well if they don't use me again, that would be a shame"

I think the only other time we see Sting is HOF. Vince would not have buried Sting if he had plans to use him again.

Can someone explain to me WTF Maggle is? I don't get it, and see it used 100 times a day.

Paracelsus

I agree with everything you said. you said, I think one other reason Sting lost was because we probably wont see him wrestle again. I don't think Vince was happy with anything he brought to the table.

Vince "We plucked him from obscurity"
Sting "Well if they don't use me again, that would be a shame"

I think the only other time we see Sting is HOF. Vince would not have buried Sting if he had plans to use him again.

Can someone explain to me WTF Maggle is? I don't get it, and see it used 100 times a day.

The way JBL pronounces Michael.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Powerbombcast had it right. Sting's post-Raw interview thing just sounded like a sad voicemail left on Vince McMahon's phone.

Shit, that's a pretty spot-on assessment. It was a weird segment.

Prematurely announcing your pregnancy before you can seems like the kind of scumbag thing a company that fired your husband the day he married you would do allright.

Here we go again. Keep reaching.

klonere

Banned
Y'know, it's really a shame they don't have Luke Harper and Big E as the Authority stooges, rather than Kane and Big Show. Big E would be a great candidate to try a Rock-like build (i.e. corporate heel who slowly shows more and more of his naturally goofy personality and becomes a cool fan favorite), and Luke Harper, despite being superficially scrawnier, is much more convincing when he gets "mean" than either Kane OR Big Show.

I'd be super, super down for Bryan vs. Big E for the IC strap, as Big E had a fairly dope match with CM Punk before he left, and Bryan is like Punk if he had coordination and wasn't miserable.

Ayyy thats what I'd love to see. Having better, fresher dudes in The Authority would help it so much - clearly they are going to stick with that architecture for the show until Vince stops running things. Harper screams silent Authority attack dog with his mannerisms and overall working style and I think as Data West pointed out Big E can work that take no shit hoss style and take over the mic time for that portion of the roster. I mean it looks like Reigns is going to be wrestling the fucking Big Show at ER: what a comedown from the heights of a Lesnar match. No way they are going to get the reaction they want for Reigns (and after the Lesnar match, the reaction he deserves!) even with handing a meaningless Battle Royal trophy to Show at WM. If he was wrestling someone like Big E or Harper who had been given a chance at WM like Big Show got. Hell if you put both Harper and Rowan in that Authority spot you could also build to a feud with Bray who feels his "flock" has gone too astray or some shit.

I kinda liked the Sting/HHH match, it made me smile even if it was incredibly stupid. The match wasn't for me anyway, I've only seen the very start of DX and haven't watched a second of any nWo stuff yet so it really didn't mean all that much to me. Terminator entrance was some lame as fuck product placement for a played out movie series that should have died a long time ago and isn't relevant anymore.

Hasney

Er, that WWE Mexico is just going by the Bleacher Report if you read the article.

Also, I wonder if an American has slapped whoever is in charge of that account.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
okay

so what did he say

"Boy, it'd be a crying shame if I don't have anymore matches...I don't know if that's my last match but uh...I'd sure like to have another...if the fans want it...I mean, I'm up for it, I just don't know if I'll get the chance...but it sounds like people want more...you know?"

klonere

Banned
Was visiting my sister in Spain all last week but I managed to catch my FELLAH on smackdown

best theme
best heel promo
best look

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
"Boy, it'd be a crying shame if I don't have anymore matches...I don't know if that's my last match but uh...I'd sure like to have another...if the fans want it...I mean, I'm up for it, I just don't know if I'll get the chance...but it sounds like people want more...you know?"
"i came up short but that's okay, i hope wwe gives me more opportunities and it's a shame if they don't"

then bo dallas came out and got beaten up

it was really awful
jesus

strobogo

Banned
It wasn't awful, just strange. Stang was all but begging WWE to use him. Just like he was for the past year anytime he did PR for them. He wants to work.

But he really does say Michael. People here must have crappy hearing or something. Or maybe I'm just pronouncing Maggle wrong in my head.

He says something more like "Miagle", but he's defintely actually said "Maggle" a few times.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I thnk title belt rematch clauses are dumb.
You lost.
It's over.

It's probably Batista's fault for getting infinite title shots with that incompetent buffoon Teddy Long.

Hasney

I thnk title belt rematch clauses are dumb.
You lost.
It's over.

It's probably Batista's fault for getting infinite title shots with that incompetent buffoon Teddy Long.

If you do a tag team match before the PPV playa, I'll make sure you get another title shot if you lose,

Paracelsus

But he really does say Michael. People here must have crappy hearing or something. Or maybe I'm just pronouncing Maggle wrong in my head.

He really doesn't, english tends to slur words to the point they lose meaning. The closest he ever got is "Mahcole".

In WWE, Randy Orton is Raindee Oh-hrm for example.

Finished KotR 1995 today.

Well deserved reputation this one has.

Highlights:

Bob Backlund being crazy
You could do worse than a Kiss my foot match.
Savio Vega wrestled four times in three hours.
Bam Bam looked good.

Lowlights:

The matches suck
No one wants King Mabel
Weird finishes you'd never see today.
All of the star power gets knocked out. The other semifinal is a green as hell Roadie versus Savio Vega. Undertaker loses to Mabel, Yokozuna loses to Savio Vega, HBK has a "double draw" with the Supreme Fighting Machine Kama.
Did I mention that Doc Hendrix is the color commentator? Yikes.

haha man Savio Vega was pretty popular within WWE for some reason. Also, I used to be a bit of a Men on a Mission fan when I was a kid! The whip into the turnbuckle double team seemed awesome.

Top Bottom