• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Zach

ONS 05 was greatness despite Joey Styles being a huge mark the whole event.

Eh, it hasn't been that bad. He just seems thrilled to be there. It would probably be quite surreal. I am only on the second match, though...

fun fact: Searching for a dangerous alliance picture led me to an article on wwe.com in 2012 called "Classic Factions reborn" where wwe.com writers fan book new versions of old factions

They are all terrible

Those really are terrible. Although... I kind of like the nWo one... >_>

CHIKARA today was... OK. Lots of fun n playful silliness, the wrestling left something to be desired.

I wandered in while the pre-show was going on, so was shocked at "family friendly CHIKARA" to have Jimmy Havoc rock up, tell us to fuck off, and then get chucked through 6 rows of chairs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Those are garbage factions, Sibersk. So bad.

Zach

Are you kidding? Make him like Easy E in the story, wearing leather jackets and shit. Challenging Vince to a match, except Vince actually shows up this time and socks the fuck out of him? I'd pay money for that.

You're definitely on to something here...

Paracelsus

How many successful (no low midcard but over with some people like clowns in a circus, actual draws) factions can you name that were never at any point in their existence led by a world champion?

bjork

How many successful (no low midcard but over with some people like clowns in a circus, actual draws) factions can you name that were never at any point in their existence led by a world champion?

This is kind of a loaded question because as soon as you take away the low midcard, you also take away the groups without world champs.

Barrage

Nostalgia must be rampant for anyone to pretend like the Flock is a group that was in anyway exclusive or hard to improve on. Reese? Horace? SICK BOY?????? That faction was 70% fucking shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nostalgia must be rampant for anyone to pretend like the Flock is a group that was in anyway exclusive or hard to improve on. Reese? Horace? SICK BOY?????? That faction was 70% fucking shit.

Flock was my favorite faction in WCW but let's not let that get in the way. Horace and Reese sucked.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxUdFQ6N_OI

BGGLOZn.gif

notworksafe

Are you kidding? Make him like Easy E in the story, wearing leather jackets and shit. Challenging Vince to a match, except Vince actually shows up this time and socks the fuck out of him? I'd pay money for that.

My thought was to have JBL as a part of it instead, funding the whole thing with money from his offshore bank accounts and cutting mocking promos from his island paradise home.

But I like your idea too now!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like the part where Ibushi goes from main eventing Sumo Hall to working a tag match with the young lions and Naito and Dorada signs a deal with NJPW, loses his title shot and goes to working a nothing 8 man tag opener at Dontaku

NJPW is booked so well

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The part I liked most about Raven's Flock was the Saturn/Raven relationship. And when they brought in Kanyon as Raven's pal.

Zach

Speaking of Weird Times for the Horsemen: Remember Hennig being a member for a day and a half or whatever and then almost immediately turning on Flair and joining the nWo? Why did that happen? He didn't really fit, did he? I wonder what it would've been like if he actually became a long-term Horseman.

Hennig was set up to perfectly fit into the Horsemen by taking Arn's "spot" as The Enforcer...and then he turned heel so Flair could get a facelift. Hennig as a face worked really well, too. As a heel, he never got close to the main event again (being in the mid-card title match against Goldberg at BATB '98 doesn't count).

Nigel's TNA run started off so promising - minus the goofball Wolfe name. Desmond was a fantastic first name, but the run peaked early with the Kurt stuff before essentially ending his career thanks to ABYSS BEING IN STUPID FUCKING GARBAGE MATCHES EVERY WEEK and the ring being unsanitary as a result.

Toki767

Hennig joining the NWO was pretty much a waste. Only done for shock value when they could've made the Horsemen stuff pretty special with Flair, Hennig, Benoit, and McMichael (although Malenko was a better choice).

Has anyone countered the D Bryan running knee by just ducking

A lot of people have had to duck just to get in the face with it.

kiguel182

I'm watching Impact, friends. Let's hope for the best.

EDIT: They announce that the match is submission but then Young asks for a submission match. Weird.

Heel

Speaking of, Bryan tends to drop his guard completely during a flying knee. He's just asking to be countered by a seasoned striker, such as The Undertaker.

Speaking of, Bryan tends to drop his guard completely during a flying knee. He's just asking to be countered by a seasoned striker, such as The Undertaker.

It makes me wonder if a lot wrestlers are intimidated by the mystique and grandeur of Daniel Bryan. Like when they know Bryan is Yessing and setting up for the running knee they lose a grasp on all of their hard training and preparation, becoming paralyzed with fear. These sort of mind games really kinda make Daniel Bryan a modern take on the Undertaker imo

Top Bottom