• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Edgeward

This year's Raw was amazing because of the content. From start to finish that was the best Raw in years. No one person was the focus of the show, and it is bringing up a lot of new faces and talent. They went and read our fantasy bookings practically did it all. Almost flawless execution too. I hope they stick with this because it was a refreshing feeling and did not feel like just a slight variation of previous weeks. This is the real New Generation. That is what the show was about. No big show, kofi, miz, total divas and unfortunately no ziggy :(.

This felt like a show with Trips' fingerprints all over it. No big surprises but that does not matter, the surprise is that they are listening and giving us what we want.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ba2a9c71e353eb410e7a97fbb1696dfc.gif

4aac2af50fd811243a708c4643542057.gif

I think it should be renamed Monday Night Brock. And all the PPVs should have Brock in them.

Brock at the Beach
Brocklemania
Brockment Day
Great American Brock

I think it should be renamed Monday Night Brock. And all the PPVs should have Brock in them.

Brock at the Beach
Brocklemania
Brockment Day
Great American Brock

Whenever he's not on screen, everyone should be asking "Where's Brock?"

We established he's a Skynet creation, so he already has access to a time machine.

Carnby

I doubt it. He only works on NXT because it's the same crowd every month and they know him (and hate him).
I think he's going to just be a jobber on RAW, in record time.

I'm calling it now. He will be the 4th member of The Shield. Bolieve in the Shield.

Brock at the Beach
Brocklemania
Brockment Day
Great American Brock

I would be okay with this. It fits my stip earlier today that anyone who wanted to retire/quit had to have a match with Brock on their way out.

Ithil

WWE generally try to make the RAW after Mania have some major stuff happen, since it's their most viewed RAW of the year. The last two years with the super crowds have really amped up that, but there was definitely something different this year. Last two years were good RAWs made into great ones by a super crowd.

But this year, RAW was designed for said super crowd. Debuting Paige, Cesaro as a Heyman guy, the Lesnar segment, the Wyatts beating the face team, Bad News Barrett getting a win, etc. All relied on the hot and entirely smark crowd.

A random mark crowd wouldn't know who Paige was, let alone be chanting for her before she even debuts. But they knew.
Notice there was no lower mid card filler, which would most certainly get random chants from the crowd, or there was a very small role for Cena, or other stuff like that, which contrasts with last year's RAW after Mania.

Kudos to presumably Triple H, since he's shown many times now he's very aware of the hardcore fanbase's preferences and ideas.

stro is ok. he made me relive WCW and i repay in violent KOs, the only way i can.

i do know many black young ladies who like short jewish guys. if you're ever in this side of the Atlantic let me know.

The old winged eagle belt needs to come back so badly.

It's so over-rated at this point though, honestly. It's only because of the constant parade of mediocrity in belt design coming out of the WWE that we think the Winged Eagle is so good. It's really not that great compared to a bunch of Puro belts, or MMA straps.

Guys. Paige is Divas Champ. Bryan is WWE champ. Cesaro + Paul Heyman could be an amazingly magical combo. HHH is putting over younger talent and is playing an amazing Vince like heel.

It's pretty good feels, bro. No doubt some are waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I'm just swimming in the awesome for now. I do think Trips cares about the direction, and building the new talent, so I'm more optimistic than I've been in a long time that a corner is being turned.

I think Raw was so good tonight because Hunter was running the show to some extent. It's the only thing I can think of. Vince would never be as forward-thinking as tonight would lead us to believe.

Sephzilla

WWE generally try to make the RAW after Mania have some major stuff happen, since it's their most viewed RAW of the year. The last two years with the super crowds have really amped up that, but there was definitely something different this year. Last two years were good RAWs made into great ones by a super crowd.

But this year, RAW was designed for said super crowd. Debuting Paige, Cesaro as a Heyman guy, the Lesnar segment, the Wyatts beating the face team, Bad News Barrett getting a win, etc. All relied on the hot and entirely smark crowd.

A random mark crowd wouldn't know who Paige was, let alone be chanting for her before she even debuts. But they knew.
Notice there was no lower mid card filler, which would most certainly get random chants from the crowd, or there was a very small role for Cena, or other stuff like that, which contrasts with last year's RAW after Mania.

Kudos to presumably Triple H, since he's shown many times now he's very aware of the hardcore fanbase's preferences and ideas.

Yep. The booking for this Raw was great and played right into the post-WM hot Raw crowd.

i wish Paige looked less like someone who got lucky and just wandered out there, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut there couldn't have been a better place for her to debut.

and yo an Adam Rose/3MB feud could be the feud of a lifetime

Aiii

So not worth it
i wish Paige looked less like someone who got lucky and just wandered out there, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut there couldn't have been a better place for her to debut.

It'll be fine when they actually do a Paige vs. AJ program leading up to a proper match. Have faith!

Sephzilla

It's so over-rated at this point though, honestly. It's only because of the constant parade of mediocrity in belt design coming out of the WWE that we think the Winged Eagle is so good. It's really not that great compared to a bunch of Puro belts, or MMA straps.

I'm kind of a mark for the winged eagle belt, so take everything i say with a pinch of salt. I think some of the other belts out there are a little over-designed though. The winged eagle belt has its own look to it but it's still simplistic in the right ways.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Whenever he's not on screen, everyone should be asking "Where's Brock?"

We established he's a Skynet creation, so he already has access to a time machine.

The divas will have a tournament to see who can become Brock's mate for the perfect future of mankind. MMAksana will clearly win. She will take out Sable and make Brock aryan MMA fighter babies out in a cabin in the woods in the middle of nowhere where Brock hunts whales, bears, and sharks(of course) and brings the remains back home.

What do you guys think of my Brock Lesnar x MMAksana fanfic?

The great thing about RAW tonight is that it wasn't good because of the crowd chanting random shit, but because the show was legit booked really well, as well as glimpses of future debuts.

Good stuff from Lord Haitch.

Vylash

It'll be fine when they actually do a Paige vs. AJ program leading up to a proper match. Have faith!

Tamina turns on her either during the match or during the build, so AJ does that after Paige beats her at Extreme Rules and after that Paige will face...uh oh...

Well I mean she got out of the move AJ has beaten everyone with and hit her own finisher, then got a clean pin. I'm not sure how you could make her look any better actually.

The great thing about RAW tonight is that it wasn't good because of the crowd chanting random shit, but because the show was legit booked really well, as well as glimpses of future debuts.

Good stuff from Lord Haitch.

Yep, I think last year was mainly the crowd, but this year Steph and Trips did everything perfectly.

The divas will have a tournament to see who can become Brock's mate for the perfect future of mankind. MMAksana will clearly win. She will take out Sable and make Brock aryan MMA fighter babies out in a cabin in the woods in the middle of nowhere where Brock hunts whales, bears, and sharks(of course) and brings the remains back home.

10/10

Would read the next installment.

Needs more Eva Marie though.

Whales.....In the woods?

CAspqq1.gif

Clearly you skimped out on research in that one area of your fanfic. The rest sounds believable.

where does Coors Light fit into this? cause Bud Light don't pay him nothing.

Ithil

Well I mean she got out of the move AJ has beaten everyone with and hit her own finisher, then got a clean pin. I'm not sure how you could make her look any better actually.

Well she came out and it seemed like she would be the next challenger, but then she's like stammering that she was just congratulating AJ and wasn't there for a fight, and saying she's not ready to face AJ. She's meant to be a tough fighter in NXT, but was portrayed as a pretty timid, weak girl here. I was reminded of Curtis Axel's debut, though not as bad as that.

I know why they did it, to make the surprise win more surprising, but I don't know if it was the best way to handle her. The crowd really liked her thankfully, which saved it.

Have faith? Not only is this WWE, this is also the Divas division, bruh!
the actual execution of the Paige Turner was just sloppy though, or it was the sell. i haven't rewatched it. she also was down from a slap for like minutes. I'm nitpicking, i know!
Tamina turns on her either during the match or during the build, so AJ does that after Paige beats her at Extreme Rules and after that Paige will face...uh oh...
Emma, but if we're being REAL, then I know you remember that Nikki and Brie staredown in the Wrestlemania match. Nikki's going heel and going after that title.

Top Bottom