• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Toki767

They could probably release like half of the people in that Andre battle royal on Friday and no one would notice they were gone. They do seem like they might be setting up for another brand split though.

Heel

Wrestling might be worked entertainment, but I like the fact that shit that probably wouldn't happen in real life CAN and DOES happen - like the little guy tapping out the big guy to win the title, against the odds. It always seems so ridiculous to me when people say that they can't suspend their disbelief in situations like that, then usually go on to cite how in MMA the gulf is size can only be bridged by an extreme disparity in skill. Well, in wrestling the gulf is size can be bridged by just about anything, as long as you have the storyline and character work to back it up. That's why it's great.

Best "shoot" David vs. Goliath angle was middleweight Minowaman competing against super heavyweights for much of his career, culminating in a "Super Hluk" tournament against 300 lb. monsters.

Minowaman vs. Bob Sapp
Minowaman vs. Butterbean
Minowaman vs. Giant Silva
Minowaman vs. Choi Hong-man

Da best.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cesaro should rip this off;

Shimizu.gif

kiguel182

Sandow jobbing now it's so sad. He was over and he was doing a great job.

He even had a great feud with Cody.

He was a victim of them unifying the titles but they could've put him in the IC picture or something. This is a disgrace right now.

Entropia

No One Remembers
They could probably release like half of the people in that Andre battle royal on Friday and no one would notice they were gone. They do seem like they might be setting up for another brand split though.

I was honestly surprised Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd and Yoshi Tatsu were in this.

Toki767

Sandow jobbing now it's so sad. He was over and he was doing a great job.

He even had a great feud with Cody.

He was a victim of them unifying the titles but they could've put him in the IC picture or something. This is a disgrace right now.

But he looked strong in losing to Cena. That's the important thing. Not actually beating Cena. Just looking strong in defeat.

krae_man

Okay, I just discovered the Bad News Barrett Meme. Some of these are great

bA0WveD.jpg

o29B3X3.jpg

Edit: Okay whoever wrote the last one can't write.

Ithil

So remember when they said that talent would stay in NXT longer now that NXT had more exposure on the network? Now suddenly post WM it seems like a bunch of NXT talent got called up.

Those are people who have been there for ages, though. I think what they mean is there's only going to be a few call-up periods per year, and only if there's a spot for them.

kiguel182

But he looked strong in losing to Cena. That's the important thing. Not actually beating Cena. Just looking strong in defeat.

Nothing like being beat by a man with only one good arm to show your strength.

At least it wasn't as bad as those Ziggler loses when Cena took tons of finishers from both he and Big E and still won with a smile on his face.

krae_man

Nothing like being beat by a man with only one good arm to show your strength.

At least it wasn't as bad as those Ziggler loses when Cena took tons of finishers from both he and Big E and still won with a smile on his face.

Cena had a knee injury that match too which only manifested itself into a slight tweak while trying to deliver a shoulder tackle. Rest of the match? NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER.

Has Cena ever put anybody over at WM? I mean guys who weren't already huge superstars like The Rock.

Say what you will about HHH, but that guy has lost clean to Benoit, Cena, Orton, AND D-Bryan at WM.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Has Cena ever put anybody over at WM? I mean guys who weren't already huge superstars like The Rock.

Say what you will about HHH, but that guy has lost clean to Benoit, Cena, Orton, AND D-Bryan at WM.

He put over The Miz. If that ain't charity, then what is?

somedevil

The Reason the Undertaker vs Brock match went wrong:

Regarding why Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX may have seemed off, it's said that The Undertaker didn't know what they were doing and had to rely on Lesnar to keep them going. Nobody knows exactly where the concussion came but it may have been on the single leg takedown where Taker hit his head on the floor.

So Brock had to tell Undertaker what moves to do after the concussion.

Yeah, I think the Rock had to run-in and Rock Bottom Cena before he took an L. And then he immediately squashed his ass at the next PPV and The Miz was never heard from again.

Toki767

Cena's only ever been pinned twice at Mania, although he's lost 3 matches.

Two matches he was pinned because of The Rock and the other match Orton pinned HHH in a Triple Threat.

kiguel182

He only put over The Miz to justify main-eventing two more Manias with The Rock and eventually getting the "torch" passed. It wasn't on The Miz's best interest.

I guess the only guys that Cena really put over were Bryan and Punk. Maybe Edge but less so.

And now, the perfect opportunity, he doesn't do it for Bray.

Best "shoot" David vs. Goliath angle was middleweight Minowaman competing against super heavyweights for much of his career, culminating in a "Super Hluk" tournament against 300 lb. monsters.

Minowaman vs. Bob Sapp
Minowaman vs. Butterbean
Minowaman vs. Giant Silva
Minowaman vs. Choi Hong-man

Da best.

i've been singing the praises of Minowa since for ages, man. such a great character.

also, funny enough given the contest: he, like another undersized guy, also has a single syllable, crowd participating chant:

idDUlMiL0C5tb.gif

how much can Bryan steal from MMA?

jred2k

It's gonna be awkward for Tyson Kidd to be on Total Divas with his wrestler wife after he gets released.

Top Bottom