• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Malvingt2

I have to be honest with all of you. CM Punk was vastly over rated in the ring, he never looked conformable, he was very awkward. His elbow from the top rope might have been the worst I have ever seen.

His gift was with a mic.

But he was never really good in the ring. He reminded me of a more talented David Flair.

I know he was a better wrestler, but he had this stiffness about him

In the only part that I agree with you. Didn't Punk say that he was doing the elbow to make Macho Man fans upset?

Vylash

runevarunihufj.gif

Nice photoshop, chump

Brock is going to use that rub. He back braha, trust me, he back. It was Mark's will anyways. So you know he had to talk Vince into ensing the streak?

Why we atill got Sting?

I made it because you guys are slacking!

Also every time Eva appears on TV a real woman wrestler cries.

http://abload.de/img/paigecries5asbb.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Sorry, I'm "working"...hell, I can't make gifs anyways.

[quote="Plywood, post: 107430518"][url]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k64KY2GRTwucde6GrxP[/url][/QUOTE]

He sounds like everyone in the OT thread lol. That GWB laugh tho...

Toki767

Brock is going to use that rub. He back braha, trust me, he back. It was Mark's will anyways. So you know he had to talk Vince into ensing the streak?

Why we atill got Sting?

He has one year left on his deal. I'm kind of wondering if he agreed to re-sign for a couple more years. Though I don't think Vince really had to be talked into letting Brock end the streak. Taker probably just told Vince it's what he wanted and Vince let him do it no questions asked.

Sting's totally going to show up with no fanfare one day. Thus showing why he was correct in never trusting WWE to handle him correctly.

XenoRaven

I have to be honest with all of you. CM Punk was vastly over rated in the ring, he never looked conformable, he was very awkward. His elbow from the top rope might have been the worst I have ever seen.

His gift was with a mic.

But he was never really good in the ring. He reminded me of a more talented David Flair.

I know he was a better wrestler, but he had this stiffness about him.

I know you can all agree that he was not a very fluid wrestler.
CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

krae_man

The only person who jobs less then Cena is HHH. He did the same thing to Jeff Hardy. Pedigree on Edge, Swanton onto HHH, he rolls out of the ring, Jeff pins Edge.

Thorakai

I don't think Punk was all that great in the mic. Or maybe a better word for that was that he is really limited in the kind of promos he can deliver. Outside of his worked shoot stuff where the shock value relied largely on dirtsheet stuff/smarky attitudes being uttered on air, Punk annoyed me more often that not. I wasn't really a fan of his mic work throughout the majority of his last title reign especially since he basically said the same shit over and over with his "Best in the World" shtick. Contrast that with guys like Austin and The Rock who could deliver intense promos and genuinely funny stuff when needed.

Guy put on some entertaining matches though. I'm going to miss that more than any promo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh this Punk backlash is crazy. He was good in the ring, I enjoyed most of his matches. He was good on the mic, I enjoyed most of his promos. His feud with Jeff Harvey was probably the best of his career imho, they worked together really well.

Vylash

His gift was with a mic.

I know he was a better wrestler, but he had this stiffness about him.

I know you can all agree that he was not a very fluid wrestler.

Punk was great before he lost the title, once he lost to Rock he pretty much lost his motivation and started going through the motions, he pulled a good match out of Taker and it was all downhill from there, those fucking mutton chops stole his talent

Toki767

The only person who jobs less then Cena is HHH. He did the same thing to Jeff Hardy. Pedigree on Edge, Swanton onto HHH, he rolls out of the ring, Jeff pins Edge.

HHH has jobbed way more than Cena. Not only jobbed way more, but jobbed clean way more.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That promo sucked though and was a sad, sad ripoff of the original.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Punk was great before he lost the title, once he lost to Rock he pretty much lost his motivation and started going through the motions, he pulled a good match out of Taker and it was all downhill from there, those fucking mutton chops stole his talent

It was all downhill post Brock. Brock vs Punk was the MOTY last year. But after they fucking wasted him on garbage like Ryback and Curtis Axel and it kept going downhill from there. Eventually he stopped giving a fuck.

Ahh this Punk backlash is crazy. He was good in the ring, I enjoyed most of his matches. He was good on the mic, I enjoyed most of his promos. His feud with Jeff Harvey was probably the best of his career imho, they worked together really well.
That time he came out with the facepaint after Hardy left WWE was hilarious, he even did the whole dance routine and everything.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That reminds me, what's that terrifying wrasslin tumblr with the sex confessions? I need to cringe real bad RIGHT NOW

kiguel182

Saying he is only good at shoot promos is ignoring his whole run with the SES were he was doing awesome promos and getting tons of heat on a weakly basis.

Saying Punk can only do shoot promos is really old.

Malvingt2

It was all downhill post Brock. Brock vs Punk was the MOTY last year. But after they fucking wasted him on garbage like Ryback and Curtis Axel and it kept going downhill from there. Eventually he stopped giving a fuck.

God... remember how bad was Punk vs Seth Rollins on Raw?

Punk said on Twitter that it was garbage...

Punk started sucking when he went on his "Best in the World" tirade. That and his title streak. He was just stale, repetitive and boring. After "Best in the World," it all about respect and him making fun of Lawler and bathing in Paul Bearer's ashes were cheap ways get heat. His schtick is tiring. I really think he left cause he saw Daniel Bryan getting a push and he was gonna be pushed to the side.

Speaking of, someone said that he sells more merch than Cena but provided no receipts. Was that true? Was he really outselling Cena?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think I said he only relied on shoot promos. I just said it was his cheap tactic he used to make memorable promos in a post pipebomb world. And that there's better promo guys out there.
Punk is the one guy outside of bryan that could get a good match out of Cena.

umaga-bio.png

Ithil

Saying he is only good at shoot promos is ignoring his whole run with the SES were he was doing awesome promos and getting tons of heat on a weakly basis.

Saying Punk can only do shoot promos is really old.

Things only happened five m nutes ago, brah. If it's older than a few months, it didn't happen and everyone is overrated retroactively.

kiguel182

YEA PUNK SUCKS ON THE MIC

tumblr_mgc1svztad1qmrflko1_500.png

blind hate is terrible. They won't see it.

Also, in his last months of this run he was sick and tired that's why is work was subpar. He still had one of the best matches last year with Lesnar and that whole feud was great. How can people say he is "slightly better than David Flair"? C'mon now.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Punk started sucking when he went on his "Best in the World" tirade. That and his title streak. He was just stale, repetitive and boring. After "Best in the World," it all about respect and him making fun of Lawler and bathing in Paul Bearer's ashes were cheap ways get heat. His schtick is tiring. I really think he left cause he saw Daniel Bryan getting a push and he was gonna be pushed to the side.

Speaking of, someone said that he sells more merch than Cena but provided no receipts. Was that true? Was he really outselling Cena?
Punk actually said on his way out that he felt this was Bryan's year at a convention(IIRC.)

As for merch, I thought he was 2nd best seller.

Top Bottom