• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

kiguel182

His most popular promos are ones where he's attempting to shoot, or breaking some fourth wall BS.

uOzULOs.png

He only did that in the Summer of Punk angle since it was the whole point of it. And only the pipebomb was really a "shoot".

Also, it's not only the contents of it that matter but also the delivery that he does.

But only it wasn't good just at "shoot promos". He was good at promos. Simple as that.

Pavaloo

Punk is great, it's just after he was done feuding with Lesnar it was almost like he gave up. Like he could say he went to all the live events and smack downs or whatever, but it's super apparent when anyone is just phoning it in. Especially him. Too bad the last memories of him in the E or like 6 solid months of him being slop

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's a touching Steinermania photo and quote.

Sunny make a thread about " would Randy the Ram be a good Pro wrestler??"

...I know my limits. No! Someone else has to do it. A WrassleGAF lurker. That's how you introduce yourself!

Ithil

Punk is great, it's just after he was done feuding with Lesnar it was almost like he gave up. Like he could say he went to all the live events and smack downs or whatever, but it's super apparent when anyone is just phoning it in. Especially him. Too bad the last memories of him in the E or like 6 solid months of him being slop

He said himself shortly before he left that he no longer argued with Creative or did anything like that. He showed up for work, did whatever was in the script, and went home. He gave up trying to change his position.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really interested in Jarret's new promotion. Not the wrestling too much, but I would really like to see the reality show he's doing with it and see what all goes in to running a promotion like that. I think it's a good angle and should be entertaining television for what it is.

Striker

He only did that in the Summer of Punk angle since it was the whole point of it. And only the pipebomb was really a "shoot".

Also, it's not only the contents of it that matter but also the delivery that he does.

But only it wasn't good just at "shoot promos". He was good at promos. Simple as that.
The Triple H feud was constantly like that also. It was pretty awful, tbh. Phil Brooks vs. Paul Levesque.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The logo reminds me of Jim Crockett. Which I am all for. Bring back the Lowes demo unit stage

images

(this is my favorite Flair photo)

Cagey

Banned
The Triple H feud was constantly like that also. It was pretty awful, tbh. Phil Brooks vs. Paul Levesque.

That whole build was cringeworthy from everyone, save for the short order cook at a Jacksonville Waffle House and skinnyfat ass digs.

GET IT NASH'S QUADS. TRIPLE H IS OVERRATED. PUNK IS INDIE-RIFFIC.

it was as if a wrestling message board was writing the shit.

Toki767

I'm really interested in Jarret's new promotion. Not the wrestling too much, but I would really like to see the reality show he's doing with it and see what all goes in to running a promotion like that. I think it's a good angle and should be entertaining television for what it is.

I just feel like the reality show is only really going to show how promoters put on an indie show or something. If you want to see what goes into running a promotion, you really only want to see how WWE is run. Not promotions that can't even draw 1000 people.

When both WWE and TNA were booking shitty, it was justifiable to prefer TNA cause of young talent. After last night, it is not justifiable to prefer TNA.

Pavaloo

He said himself shortly before he left that he no longer argued with Creative or did anything like that. He showed up for work, did whatever was in the script, and went home. He gave up trying to change his position.

Yeah no I know, but there's a difference between making stuff work and just 'doing your job and going home.' Like the dude was half assing the whole thing. It's not like I wanted him to change the company from the inside at the time, I just wanted to see the guy live up to his own moniker. So I guess, yeah he actually did give up.

Saw him at a house show in december where he said to the audience "You know Vancouver, I don't hate your city because I don't have that much trouble at customs. Thanks for coming everyone" Like fuck that shit. Seriously. After a slop match with Luke Harper too. I remember him coming out for his entrance and I went with my buddies who don't watch wrestling, they were all like who is this guy this entire place is so hype for? I reply "The Best in The World." Fuck that.
thankfully Orton and Bryan came out for a non-advertised title match and stole the show that night.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
For the record, I generally like Punk. But his fourth wall stuff was as corny as John Cena's local city sports teams bullshit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just feel like the reality show is only really going to show how promoters put on an indie show or something. If you want to see what goes into running a promotion, you really only want to see how WWE is run. Not promotions that can't even draw 1000 people.

I'm alright with that, I like documentaries in that vein. Won't be for everyone though.

Hasn't that been the case for like 8 years?

They hit a new low recently, the tnaratings.gif needs to be updated.

XenoRaven

That whole build was cringeworthy from everyone, save for the short order cook at a Jacksonville Waffle House and skinnyfat ass digs.

GET IT NASH'S QUADS. TRIPLE H IS OVERRATED. PUNK IS INDIE-RIFFIC.

it was as if a wrestling message board was writing the shit.
I don't know. I liked the line about Kevin Nash's knees making the same noise as people's TV remotes when they saw Kevin Nash on their screen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Nash feud was also bad because they pretty much told Nash what to do after the fry cook line. Actually having those two guys ripping into each other on the mic might have been good. Though I wouldn't want them to have an actual match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'Change yourself to adapt' ie 'guys dont leave me behind I AM THIS COMPANY i mean i am a nice guy who wants young guys to get over'

Some gifs from the Dragon Gate main event at Korakuen today...

Twisting plancha from Flamita;

Flamita.gif

Big moonsault by Eita;

Eita.gif

Monster Express obliterate Jimmy Kanda;

Monster_Express1.gif

Awesome powerbomb from T-Hawk;

T-Hawk.gif

Electric Chair dropped into a Codebreaker;

Millenials1.gif

What a crazy fucking match. 4 team 12 man elimination tag; Mad Blankey vs Monster Express vs Jimmyz vs Millenials. Once they got the usual brawling stuff out of the way, this was pretty much a perfect example of the Dragon Gate-style firing on all cylinders. Just complete insanity for the last 10 minutes, so awesome. Also, Millenials are super over. T-Hawk looks like the star of the group, while Eita's probably the smoothest in the ring. Also impressed with Flamita. They're a good unit.

Sokantish

http://abload.de/img/1386266554831vlsd9.gif[IMG]

Modern WrassleGAF is a ball of negativity and gimmick posters. Gotta get with the times.

[SPOILER]In all honesty I'm happy with the WWE right now. I'm just bored of the trying-too-hard gimmick posters in here that crap on stuff.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

I'm not negative, Ithil!

Toki767

'Change yourself to adapt' ie 'guys dont leave me behind I AM THIS COMPANY i mean i am a nice guy who wants young guys to get over'

I was about to make a fun response to him on Twitter with something along the lines of "So when are you going to evolve to actually put guys over?" but that might spur the wrath of kids.

The funniest part about yesterday's show was when Stephanie told Kane something to the effect of I know your brother lost yesterday but we have to concentrate tonight.
The greatest thing about the Hall of Fame ceremony was when Kane referred to Paul Bearer as his father and then introduced a couple fat hicks with the last name of Moody that were supposed to be Paul's "sons".

I mean seriously, if they were really his sons they'd have the last name Bearer.

Top Bottom