• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

DMczaf

Holy Shit on these Numbers for Raw yesterday:

hour 1: 5.313
hour 2: 5.094
hour 3: 5.032

Avg: 5.146

The largest audience for Raw since they did 6 million viewers in July 2012.

tumblr_n3osoqNADY1r6d97so1_500.gif

kirblar

Those RAW numbers are completely and totally deserved. Hopefully they can keep this up and retain everyone who tuned in.

Toki767

That July 2012 show was Raw #1000 right?

Pretty good ratings though. Yesterday's show was really well paced and fairly exciting overall.

With those numbers, Vince is probably finally seeing dollar signs with Bryan as the champion. Cena better worry, if Bryan keeps this up and is joined by guys like Cesaro, Bray Wyatt and The Shield as top draws, he may be doomed to burying mid carders and clinging to his kiddy fans as a 2nd fiddle on Smackdown.

kiguel182

I wonder how many of those tuned in to hear from Taker vs to see Bryan.

Still, great numbers but I wonder how they'll do next week. The ending was awesome so hopefully people will tune in.

It's a good start to the new era at least.

DMczaf

With those numbers, Vince is probably finally seeing dollar signs with Bryan as the champion. Cena better worry, if Bryan keeps this up and is joined by guys like Cesaro, Bray Wyatt and The Shield as top draws, he may be doomed to burying mid carders and clinging to his kiddy fans as a 2nd fiddle on Smackdown.

14710148_201312310934.jpg

Look at those godlike numbers. Shows what you can reach when Daniel Bryan isn't on the show for more than 15 minutes.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Is there a Cena with hard working respectful shovel jpg out there?

KissVibes

Banned

Cena will just get desperate and start hurting people.

it's almost as if the demographics don't cross over and wwe has been blaming monday night football for low ratings all of these years and not their shitty product

Raw's rating dropped in September even when the product was hot. So, there was a correlation there, even in good times.

Also, it's the RAW after Wrestlemania. Let's see what the ratings are like in mid-May before we start crowning Bryan as the next coming of Hogan.

Those numbers tell me that the Cena reign of terror is starting to end. Bryan is the hottest baby face the company has had since the Attitude era and HHH, Cena and most importantly Vince damn well know it.

Cesaro, Bryan, Shield, Wyatt family, Barrett, Paige, AJ Lee, a rejuvenated Brock Lesnar, HEEL Orton and Batista and HHH being the absolute best he has EVER been in his entire career as a character give the WWE a true stable of guys who can legitimately draw money and move the needle.

The stale ass B+ players who haven't evolved in or out of the ring in forever are about to be passed up! Guys like Cena, Miz, Sheamus, Del Rio, Mysterio, Kofi and the like better get their shit together or get passed up.

It's a good time to be a fan but I am ready for the backlash from John Cena. The top dog never gives up his spot easily or willingly. Cena absolutely buried the Rock both personally and professionally when he felt threatened and I have ZERO doubt he will be doing the same with the guys who are passing him by.

I am still pissed about WM. the fact that Cena didn't do that job is inexcusable, especially after seeing what Taker, Batista and HHH were willing to do!! HHH was masterful at getting Bryan even more over, absolutely incredible.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Those numbers tell me that the Cena reign of terror is starting to end. Bryan is the hottest baby face the company has had since the Attitude era and HHH, Cena and most importantly Vince damn well know it.

Cesaro, Bryan, Shield, Wyatt family, Barrett, Paige, AJ Lee, a rejuvenated Brock Lesnar, HEEL Orton and Batista and HHH being the absolute best he has EVER been in his entire career as a character give the WWE a true stable of guys who can legitimately draw money and move the needle.

The stale ass B+ players who haven't evolved in or out of the ring in forever are about to be passed up! Guys like Cena, Miz, Sheamus, Del Rio, Mysterio, Kofi and the like better get their shit together or get passed up.

It's a good time to be a fan but I am ready for the backlash from John Cena. The top dog never gives up his spot easily or willingly. Cena absolutely buried the Rock both personally and professionally when he felt threatened and I have ZERO doubt he will be doing the same with the guys who are passing him by.

I am still pissed about WM. the fact that Cena didn't do that job is inexcusable, especially after seeing what Taker, Batista and HHH were willing to do!! HHH was masterful at getting Bryan even more over, absolutely incredible.

Brah lets not be crazy.

It's nice to see the new guys get a shot but the main draw is still Cena.

Punk started sucking when he went on his "Best in the World" tirade. That and his title streak. He was just stale, repetitive and boring. After "Best in the World," it all about respect and him making fun of Lawler and bathing in Paul Bearer's ashes were cheap ways get heat. His schtick is tiring. I really think he left cause he saw Daniel Bryan getting a push and he was gonna be pushed to the side.

Speaking of, someone said that he sells more merch than Cena but provided no receipts. Was that true? Was he really outselling Cena?

I'd like to think that Punk leaving was a combination of burning out and seeing the plans of how Bryan was gonna be used for Mania. He said it during a Wizard World panel the day before Rumble that it was Daniel Bryan's year and then saw what was happening and said, let's stir shit up and leave while I'm still on contract. Punk made them deal with the cards they were dealt with just like what they did to him for years.

Again this is all speculation but I'm basing this off factors that somewhat spells it all out there.

And in terms of outselling Cena, does it really matter? He's another source of revenue for the company as the number 2 in sales and I think that added a bit of leverage in his part.

kiguel182

I think that, what they need to do know, is create a mega heel that can counter Bryan and, eventually Reigns.

HHH is the perfect counter to Bryan and they'll do great together but HHH will need to be replaced eventually and there isn't anyone to replace him. Maybe Bray or Ambrose eventually but they need to be well built during this year.

They already have faces to back off in the near future. Bryan, Reigns, Cesaro, Zaynn eventually and Rollins too. Those seem to be the ones with more promise.

njean777

Have a question for you guys: I am just starting to get back into wrestling. I watched raw and it was interesting, but what about smack down? I remember when smack down was pretty much on parity with raw, but I have no clue how it is now. Is it worth watching? Or is the main attraction the ppv's and raw now?

SD is useless. Watch NXT instead
I think that, what they need to do know, is create a mega heel that can counter Bryan and, eventually Reigns.

HHH is the perfect counter to Bryan and they'll do great together but HHH will need to be replaced eventually and there isn't anyone to replace him. Maybe Bray or Ambrose eventually but they need to be well built during this year.

They already have faces to back off in the near future. Bryan, Reigns, Cesaro, Zaynn eventually and Rollins too. Those seem to be the ones with more promise.
It's Bo-time!

Rapstah

No, John Cena should immediately job in a gauntlet match to everybody on the WWE roster who has ever been, announced, or watched a Ring of Honor show!

I can't think of anyone that's been a ROH show but I know of a couple who have been the ROH championship.

Top Bottom