• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

strobogo

Banned
And Khali

Well, Khali always looks like he's corpsing even when nothing is going on.

I've only been watching again since the royal rumble, so it was my first time seeing the king of kings thing. Thought it was pretty stupid, but made for a nice build up to the change into the game entrance.

HHH has had similar entrances at WM. This was really like a combination of all of them, with boss level music, and played up the internets fears about him. It was SO GOOD.

20060402_hhh.jpg

20110403_hhh.jpg

y3S54817.png

All leading to this

ib23cvpw6Cz4D0.gif

Shit was dope. HHH is at his BEST and it is awesome.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Finally finished Starrcade 1998 last night.

The DDP/Giant match was actually pretty dope which is sort of shocking.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd really like to think that one day Pat pulled Vince aside and told him he was wrong and needed to trust him on this.

I like Pat's interview when he won the IC title and they asked him about the US or whatever, and he's just like 'I dont know they'll probably do a tournament or something. Who cares'

Big One

Banned
Never realized how much Patterson was behind DB. He seems like one of those guys who would be against DB in terms of his look and everything. Now I'm starting to think the DB hate in Vince's ears is behind Kevin Dunn and Johnny Ace.

Sephzilla

It's kind of amazing that a lot of this was all put together within the last couple of days.

Cena has the look of a person who knows he's losing his top spot

strobogo

Banned
Never realized how much Patterson was behind DB. He seems like one of those guys who would be against DB in terms of his look and everything. Now I'm starting to think the DB hate in Vince's ears is behind Kevin Dunn and Johnny Ace.

Pat Patterson has always seemed like a guy who really had his finger on the pulse in terms of what the fans wanted. He also supported Austin before Vince saw anything him. And Foley. I think Pat Patterson has always had his ear closer to the fans than Vince. Vince has been in a bubble for 30 years. Pat hasn't. I think he also understands the actual in ring stuff more than Vince as well, because he was a wrestler. Almost all the best WWE matches, especially at WM, were laid out by Pat Patterson. Pat is probably the most under appreciated person in WWE history, maybe with Kevin Dunn being second.

I wonder what's Nigel Mcguiness is doing right now?

Edit: Austin fuckin nailed everything there is to say about Daniel Bryan. This doc is something else man. This one big promo for the Next Gen era that I call what's going on.

LOL Thank you ROH.

strobogo

Banned
I know deep down that Sunny is a mark for Bryan. Seeing Bryan in the weight room probably made him so angry, but he's a mark for Bryan.

Sblargh

Banned
But imagine if HHH had won! The Internet freaking out would be hilarious!

Just rubbing it in the #no crowd one last time. This is a thread full of happy people and this is good Damn it.

JavyOO7

Not sure why Rusev was called up to main roster. He got no reaction, IMO, in NXT. The Ascension got more of a reaction.

But that's because they are awesome.

Ithil

Sheamus talking about WM 27 was pretty sad, he sounded like he was absolutely devastated. I'd REALLY like to hear some shoot comments about his thoughts on WM 28 and 18 seconds. I doubt he likes it any more than WM 27's dark match.

Vylash

Cena seems like the most sterile and boring person alive.

Have you seen Total Divas Cena? That's literally his character, he bitched out Nikki for cooking for him and wouldn't let a drop of water go onto the floor without cleaning it instantly

antonz

The internet makes everything so confusing on reality :eek:

. Summer Rae is going bonkers on twitter about Fandango dumping her with a text message and ignoring her etc.

Sheamus talking about WM 27 was pretty sad, he sounded like he was absolutely devastated. I'd REALLY like to hear some shoot comments about his thoughts on WM 28 and 18 seconds. I doubt he likes it any more than WM 27's dark match.

there was some interview, where he said he is still looking for that wrestlemania moment. he feels like he is lost in the shuffle

KissVibes

Banned
The internet makes everything so confusing on reality :eek:

. Summer Rae is going bonkers on twitter about Fandango dumping her with a text message and ignoring her etc.

This is probably more dumb Total Divas bullshit.

FANDANGO DUMPS SUMMER VIA TEXT AND GOES AFTER EVA MARIE OR CAMERON ON SEASON 3 OF TOTAL DIVAS!!

Ithil

there was some interview, where he said he is still looking for that wrestlemania moment. he feels like he is lost in the shuffle

He is, unfortunately. Bad creative ruined him. He's a really great wrestler, and he looks great, but if 18 seconds didn't kill his face run, his awful and endless super face champion reign did.
He's never recovered from 18 seconds.

He is, unfortunately. Bad creative ruined him. He's a really great wrestler, and he looks great, but if 18 seconds didn't kill his face run, his awful and endless super face champion reign did.
He's never recovered from 18 seconds.

found it

http://www.newsday.com/sports/pro-w...long-island-s-wwe-crowd-interesting-1.7466191

"I was ready to come back at the Survivor Series, but for whatever reason they wanted me to wait for the new year," said Sheamus, who returned as a "surprise" entrant in this year's Rumble match. "I firmly believe everybody knew I was going to come back at the Rumble."

Sheamus acknowledged that the news of his return became somewhat buried in the other headlines coming out of that night, including Batista's in-ring return and fans' strong emotions about Daniel Bryan being left out of the match. Still, Sheamus considers his return an unmitigated success.

"I was just glad to be back in the ring. I rehabbed my shoulder really, really well. It was my first injury and I got through it with flying colors. So, for me, in that respect it was a success," said Sheamus, who spent some of his time away from the ring re-evaluating his WWE character.

"It was such a huge match, and I feel like at every Mania since then, I haven't had the opportunity to do that again. I'm hoping at Mania 30 or 31 to bounce back to that level again," he said. "The wheel goes round and round and comes back and opportunities are given again. You just have to remember that. After four years of experience -- and especially after the match with Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 27 for the U.S. title that ended up being a dark match -- you've got to realize that patience is a huge key in this game."

Sheamus battled Bryan again at WrestleMania 28 in 2012, but that match is remembered more for lasting 18 seconds than the fact that Sheamus won it to capture the world heavyweight championship. Sheamus believes it all worked out for the best in the end.

"I just know we had zero storyline going into that pay-per-view. Obviously, you want more time, but coming out of that match, we had more steam than anybody going into Extreme Rules," said Sheamus, who beat Bryan again in a show-stealing match at the subsequent pay-per-view event. "I thought the way it happened drew so much interest in that match at Extreme Rules, and we were able to pay it off. The story really came after Mania."

Sblargh

Banned
This post WM28 Extreme Rules match between D-Bry and Sheamus really that good? I might watch it later, so hyped for Bryan.

geomon

They need to turn Sheamus back into a heel. Yeah I know it's all about the merch for the kids but you have plenty of babyfaces for that. We need that nasty monster heel that goes in and just brutalizes people.

Ithil

The idea for WM originally was Bryan vs Sheamus, with Sheamus turning heel, presumably to erase the memory of 18 seconds. But obviously Bryan had to be in the main event, so Sheamus was lost in the shuffle again.

Word is they still plan to turn him heel at some point, and they still want him to feud with Bryan as a heel, so perhaps he will be a challenger to Bryan in a few months.

Top Bottom