• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Sokantish

John Cena kicked off Smackdown and announced that we are in a new era following WrestleMania XXX and talked about Daniel Bryan, Cesaro and The Shield winning their matches. He calls himself the "measuring stick" and "standard bearer", and reiterates that anyone who wants to make a name for themselves in the WWE now has to go directly through him

I hate everything

Dang, all of them form like a group maybe called something like nucleus right, and they all team up to beat John Cena but eventually he just makes a fool out of all of them and their careers are never the same again. John Cena will be huge!

Wellscha

Dang, all of them form like a group maybe called something like nucleus right, and they all team up to beat John Cena but eventually he just makes a fool out of all of them and their careers are never the same again. John Cena will be huge!

Hiatch never put himself over Cena, think about that

All I can think about now is Punk. Bryan comes off as the most legitimately humble, nice and cool dude, whereas Punk comes off as legit, but also a huge asshole who can't be happy with anything and is hard to get along with. Bryan comes off as a guy who is really pretty happy to be doing anything with wrestling. Even at his lowest points in WWE, he still seemed to be happy that he was doing anything at all. And I think Bryan has had a more genuine and stronger connection to the crowd than Punk ever did.

All of this stuff could have been Punk if he wasn't such a miserable prick all the time. But as a dude who was introduced to indie wrestling in 2002 and saw Punk and Bryan evolve into what they became, this thing was so cool. I can remember finding Bryan/Daniels/Low Ki from the first ROH show on Kazaa and getting hooked. And being able to follow a dude from that to main eventing WM and getting a documentary about him is so cool and is really something that only possible in this era. You never used to be able to follow a guy from the lowest rung to the top like you can now. That was a big part of Punk's appeal, but Bryan is SO much more likable both as a character and person.

Bryan's constant near or actual corpsing is so endearing because he's a dude that can't even hide how happy he is to be doing what he's doing, whereas Punk always looked miserable even as a top guy. He never looked like a guy who you could be happy for. Bryan's connection to the fans feels so much more real than the connection to Punk and if Punk leaving is what it took for Bryan to get to where he is, then so be it.

This echoes how I feel. Bryan is such a great baby face because he is so damn likeable. His connection with the crowd is the best since the attitude era.

Showaddy

John Cena kicked off Smackdown and announced that we are in a new era following WrestleMania XXX and talked about Daniel Bryan, Cesaro and The Shield winning their matches. He calls himself the "measuring stick" and "standard bearer", and reiterates that anyone who wants to make a name for themselves in the WWE now has to go directly through him

I hate everything

At least
Wyatt interrupted and confirmed a match for Extreme rules. I mean Cena will put him over then right? He's not going to bury one of their hottest young talents again for a crowd that couldn't give a fuck about him?

Right guys? Right guys?

Fuck.

I hate everything

To me, this is really irrelevant. What he says in a promo means nothing. He had one segment on Raw. Plus, in case he doesn't remember, Bryan already went through him. As did the Shield.

Toki767

Huh.
Bryan gets to do posing with Hogan on Smackdown.
I hope it isn't one of those things that are only for the live crowd.

I really don't agree with a couple of those selections on the worst gimmick countdown. First of all, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Disco Inferno. Dude got over with a ridiculous gimmick, and could even make you crack a smile every now and again. All the shitting on Disco felt forced and kinda ridiculous. Secondly, while babyface Doink the clown with Dink and all that garbage was dumb, I will forever be a fan of heel Doink and his amazing music.

DMczaf

I hate everything

Alex, what is "What if Hogan stuck around during New Generation and Attitude Era"

Vargas

Triple H just tweeted this
"Saddened to announce the passing of the Ultimate Warrior. Icon and friend. My sympathy to his wife Dana and his daughters"

did I miss something?

Fuck WWE for burying Disco so hard. Disco was a PERFECT mid card guy. He was fun, always got a reaction, was entertaining, and made guys look good. He was absolutely perfect for his role. Disco is one of the best mid carders EVER. Of any company and any era. Disco was good. WWE would should be happy to have a mid carder as good as Disco. Fandango could be that if they give him any time in the ring. Heath Slater is the closest thing to carrying the tradition of Disco, but 3MB is basically Superstars only at this point. They act like he was pushed as a top guy or something. He wasn't. He was the Santino of WCW, but a better worker. Disco was DOPE. He, Kanyon, Norman were some of the most enjoyable guys in the last 3 years of WCW.

Preach. I don't understand WWE's fascination with burying every WCW thing ever. I get it, the victors write the history books. But damn, they'll shit all over Nitro, then during the commercial break, try and sell you a Best of Monday Nitro DVD! Why would I want to buy a DVD of a product you just said was shit?

I can't wait for the Monday Night War show, where WCW trips over their dicks every week while Vince McMahon singlehandedly revived the business. But be sure to buy the WWE Network, where you can watch classic episodes of Monday Nitro for only 9.99 a month!

Edit: holy shit, Warrior RIP. :(

charsace

TripleH:
Don't worry, @WWERomanReigns, @WWERollins & @TheDeanAmbrose. I know all your names. I'll spell them right in your obituaries. #MainEvent

He's coming for ya!

Oh man I hope Trip's twitter was hacked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No fucking way. He has to have been hacked. There's no way.

strobogo

Banned

I hate everything

He isn't wrong, though. Cena still has years left in him. We're on the brink of a true New New Generation revolution. When the first one happened, there were a lot of old guys hanging around. Hogan put Yoko over HUGE at KOTR 1993. Macho put dudes over constantly on commentary. DiBiase put Razor over in his last big WWF match. Hacksaw also put Yoko over on his way out. Warrior was gone and Andre was dead, so I think the New Generation never really got to get guys putting them over in the proper way. Cena put Bryan over clean in 2013, but he still has a lot more time on him than Hogan did in 1993. He's still the face of the company/

Chavelo

Saturday: HOF Speech
Sunday: Only one with an intro @ WM30
Monday: Weird Promo
Tuesday: WHOA

What an odd couple of days....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This can't be. It just can't.

Have any LEGIT news outlets reported? I checked TMZ and a bunch of others and no mention of it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why would someone hack him and put that in particular? I'd expect someone to do that with Undertaker if they were hacking him.

charsace

He isn't wrong, though. Cena still has years left in him. We're on the brink of a true New New Generation revolution. When the first one happened, there were a lot of old guys hanging around. Hogan put Yoko over HUGE at KOTR 1993. Macho put dudes over constantly on commentary. DiBiase put Razor over in his last big WWF match. Hacksaw also put Yoko over on his way out. Warrior was gone and Andre was dead, so I think the New Generation never really got to get guys putting them over in the proper way. Cena put Bryan over clean in 2013, but he still has a lot more time on him than Hogan did in 1993. He's still the face of the company/

Makes me sad that the roided up dick is still hanging on. I wish he would buy a boat and go sailing for a year or something.

Top Bottom