• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It could have been a freak accident or a medical condition but man does the timing and the nature of the man bring one to immediately think of suicide.

Tragic news.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
God damn it. RIP Warrior :( So fucked up, I don't even know what to think right now. He looked like he was in great shape.

Seriously, I just watched Raw yesterday. He's been on my TV 'live' 3 times in what feels like just the past few hours.

Life is WTF.

W T F

His family, his daughters and wife were all in the crowds smiling and happy.

W T F

That is not right.

Raw64life

He did seem to have trouble moving around on Raw but I don't see how you get a heart attack from shaking the ropes a few times. Maybe they should start giving physicals for the Hall of Fame too.

His poor daughters, you could tell by the look in their eyes they ADORED him. I will never forget at the beginning of his speech when he told them the greatest job he ever had was being their dad.............

I'm heartbroken.

strobogo

Banned
The worst day for wrestling fans since Macho Man died. What a fucking bummer. I'm so, so happy that Warrior got to clear the air with Vince and WWE in general before this. At least we got to see him go into the HOF and show up on Raw before he died. I'm happy he got to put all that shit behind him before he went and didn't die an angry man.

My heart goes out to his family and other wrestling fans.

Cagey

Banned
I hate myself that the first thing that my mind concocted was something self-induced.

I really hope that isn't the case, but the timing and the nature of his speeches the last few days just made my mind go there immediately. :(

R.I.P. Warrior

It would be the fairy tale ending if Warrior was in terrible shape and his body held out just for this weekend's last hurrah.

I hate that my mind jumps to suicide too, but given the timing, it's not unrealistic...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd be very surprised if he killed himself. He was a hardcore Christian he always seemed to value being strong and not taking the 'easy' way out.

Wow, that's really too bad about Warrior - especially when you think of his daughters.

This might be the most news-heavy week in WWE history - just wish it was all good news.

Carnby

Which one of you smarks made the OT? His name is not Jim Hellwig, he legally changed it to Warrior. It's WARRIOR.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
He did seem to have trouble moving around on Raw but I don't see how you get a heart attack from shaking the ropes a few times. Maybe they should start giving physicals for the Hall of Fame too.

I figuired that was because of age. I remember when he last wrestled back in 2008 he didn't look much better. But maybe like Shadowlink said, he probably had some health problems.

Sblargh

Banned
I'd be very surprised if he killed himself. He was a hardcore Christian he always seemed to value being strong and not taking the 'easy' way out.

Also, two little girls. If we are going crazy theories, I'll go with him knowing he had a disease or something.

geomon

Just heard about Warrior. I don't even know what to say. This is like the night Eddie died, just fucking blindsided us.

Yeah, I don't think it was a suicide. He announced during his speech that he signed a multi-year deal to be an ambassador. But, we don't know for sure.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The worst day for wrestling fans since Macho Man died. What a fucking bummer. I'm so, so happy that Warrior got to clear the air with Vince and WWE in general before this. At least we got to see him go into the HOF and show up on Raw before he died. I'm happy he got to put all that shit behind him before he went and didn't die an angry man.

My heart goes out to his family and other wrestling fans.

Yes. I'm glad he didn't leave any unfinished business so to speak, for things weighing on his soul. This is just devastating.

geomon

I hate to use the term legit shook, but I am. I mean this is like the night we learned about Eddie and Randy for me. I mean we just saw him give a great heartfelt speech not 5 days ago, and then on Monday.

I am in complete shock.

I hate to speculate but guys from that era did a staggering amount of steroids. We should be thankful and appreciative of who we have left from that era as there aren't many left due to the steroid and drug abuse issues.

Every time I see Hulk, Bret, Piper, Sting m, Flair and others from that time in gonna appreciate it a little longer.

This sucks.

Top Bottom