• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Fuck. Watching that again and I'm tearing up over a man I never knew. Like I said, never even watched him, but it's just so damn sad, man.

It's sickening to me. I just hope that he didn't do what I think he did.

If you remember his HOF, he got a little choked up when he was like "Those things aren't true." It's like he just wanted acceptance and he was glad that it was all over.

Just read this here

..I Dont Think It Was Suicide. I Think It Was That Grudge He Held For So Many Years For WWE That It Finally Came To Rest When They Put Him In The HOF & He Finally Got To Speak To The Fans and Get Everything Off His Chest. His Soul Could Finally Be At Ease & Rest...

You know that does make sense in a way. IDK but damn man.

antonz

TMZ reports that Warrior collapsed Tues @ 5:50 while walking to his car at an Arizona hotel and was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead.
from twitter

9:52 PM PT -- Officials tell TMZ ... Warrior collapsed outside an Arizona hotel at 5:50 PM on April 8th ... while walking to his car with his wife.

strobogo

Banned
iPQeBDG3S23jD.gif

ihHKq8Xocs8kC.gif

Rest in peace, Warrior. Finally, and truly, in peace.

RobbieNick

From ABC news, his speech on RAW (Which I found to be one of his best speeches ever.)

["No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own," he said. "Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper in something that's larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers -- by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him, and make the running the man did live forever.

You, you, you, you, you," he said, pointing to the fans, "are the legend-makers of Ultimate Warrior."/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if this was possibly suicide. It's like he knew this was coming.

Crazy thing is, Saturday night while I was watching the HOF my younger cousin said, "Wait, didn't The Ultimate Warrior die?"

...........Wtf man?

Edgeward

The D Brine special is pretty good. Astounding how much of the footage was stuff only a week before Wrestlemania. Hell of a turnaround even for the wizards at the wwe production crew. It walks a weird line of kayfabe and reality in parts too. I am sure Aii was majorly cheesed at how much Brie was featured talking.

Stuff mysteriously goes up and down all the time. They're probably just editing some of the cursing or something.

Pretty odd timing if that's it. Maybe they are adding a memorial graphic or something? Plus, all the cursing and WWF stuff was already edited out by Sunday when it replayed that morning.

strobogo

Banned
Warrior beating Hogan was legitimately one of the first memories I have in my life. I rented WM6 probably 30 times as a kid. I remember being able to rent it once and watched it so many times that my mom had to buy the tape because I rewound it so many times that it actually ruined the tape.

geomon

Warrior beating Hogan was legitimately one of the first memories I have in my life. I rented WM6 probably 30 times as a kid. I remember being able to rent it once and watched it so many times that my mom had to buy the tape because I rewound it so many times that it actually ruined the tape.

Hogan was my absolute hero at that point. Warrior going over shocked my little mind.

Really glad that nobody in here has tried to make stupid jokes or anything about the guy, you guys are great

At the end of the day, we are just a bunch of guys and girls that love wrestling, and Warrior was an icon. Even if you didn't like the man, his impact was big. We all lost a little something tonight.

Said this in another thread, but to me, nothing suggests Warrior knew this was coming. As heartless as the WWE can be, there's no way they'd send him out to do a promo knowing he had days/weeks to live.

This looks to be by all accounts just a tragic coincidence.

antonz

Said this in another thread, but to me, nothing suggests Warrior knew this was coming. As heartless as the WWE can be, there's no way they'd send him out to do a promo knowing he had days/weeks to live.

This looks to be by all accounts just a tragic coincidence.

Yeah with the word of the fact he just collapsed. I would guess a very emotional week took its toll on him.

kiguel182

The Warrior is dead?

What an horrible news to wake up to. So sad.

I'm glad he at least made his peace and got some closure before the end.

He seemed really excited for the future on the HOF and his wife and kids were so happy for him. Man, this is really sad. I mean I have no connection to Ultimate Warrior the character but this is really sad given what happened.

RIP Warrior.

Wrestlemania was like a big family reunion with almost all the guys who made it and WWE what they are today. We'll never see something like that again. And now Warrior is gone, man this is sad.

Edgeward

Little surprised at how clean of a finish Wyatts/Shield was. Given the high status both teams are, and where the storyline is it would be a DQ via interference. But it also makes sense given the series record.

Ambrose's selling is one of the secret best things to watch.

Little surprised at how clean of a finish Wyatts/Shield was. Given the high status both teams are, and where the storyline is it would be a DQ via interference. But it also makes sense given the series record.

Kinda felt it had to be done. Only thing holding the Shield down credibility-wise is that they couldn't overcome the Wyatts. Now they proved they can, as long as they stay on the same page.

RyudBoy

I still can't believe I was watching Warrior on RAW yesterday for the first time in a very long, long time (I didn't catch the HoF), and now he's gone. Unbelievable.

Daniel Bryan's special was really good, but can we not include CenaBot in any of these anymore?

I thought it was odd they had so much Cena. Even the part where Cena says he asks him simple questions all the time to check up on him like a big brother figure was corny as fuck.

Also, is it just me or is Pat Patterson the most underrated mind in wrestling? Almost every special moment links back to Pat. Whether it was idea or he heavily pushed for something. When he said he pushed for Vince to hire him for Summerslam it blew me away. And on the flip side Vince is the most overrated mind in wrestling. He's an amazing business man/promoter but the dude knows jack shit about building stars or quality wrestling. Every time i hear small stuff like this just makes me lose more respect for him over and over. Watch every damn wrestling documentary and their beginnings at WWE nearly sound identical. Stone Cold was almost chilly mcfreeze and Foley could have been mason the mutilator. Even H had some shit ass name that could have ruined him. Plus ALL the bending over he did for certain wrestlers that did nothing for business. Dude sometimes comes off as a total fraud. It's weird.

RIP. Warrior. Your HOF/RAW speech was epic!

Nelo Ice

Banned

Seriously, Ambrose selling is glorious. Love how even during the promo he was still selling being exhausted and beat up lol.

Mengetsu

I leave the internet for just 2 hours and this happens? Wow im speechless...make the appearance on Raw more heartbreaking like he knew he was going to pass away...RIP his poor wife and those kids....

Top Bottom