• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

strobogo

Banned
Yes. I'm glad he didn't leave any unfinished business so to speak, for things weighing on his soul. This is just devastating.

It really is. I'm fighting back tears right now. I was devastated when Macho died. This is right up there with that. Warrior at least got to go out at the HOF and Raw saying whatever the fuck he wanted and making up with Vince and wrestling in general.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It really is. I'm fighting back tears right now. I was devastated when Macho died. This is right up there with that. Warrior at least got to go out at the HOF and Raw saying whatever the fuck he wanted and making up with Vince and wrestling in general.

Most people never get the chance to do that, never get closure like that, never get an open window again. I'm glad and grateful he got to do all this. We have a wonderful, meaningful HoF speech from him and his Raw appearance. That's universes better than if his last recorded thing was him saying Hulk Hogan was a dick and he wouldn't fuck his wife.

geomon

Yup, this. If we can take solace in anything, he got to say goodbye to us unlike so many others.

antonz

Holy shit talk about coming back to gaf and seeing something to be legit shook.

Starting to wonder if perhaps there was a health issue that was known which is why Vince and Co made their peace with the guy.

Just so damn sudden

beanman25

I'm bawling so bad right now. This is such horrible news to hear.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Most people never get the chance to do that, never get closure like that, never get an open window again. I'm glad and grateful he got to do all this. We have a wonderful, meaningful HoF speech from him and his Raw appearance. That's universes better than if his last recorded thing was him saying Hulk Hogan was a dick and he wouldn't fuck his wife.

Yeah. I wish Macho Man could have had this weekend that Warrior had.

He seemed so genuinely happy to be around the company again too. All of his appearances and all his pictures with fans made him look like he loved being there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Macho Man at least got to make his peace with WWE.

The only reason he didn't go into the HoF was because of him wanting his whole family in.

Watching his RAW speech again and it reads like a man saying his final goodbye. Very eerie and heartbreaking. I don't think he took his own life but he sounded like a man who knew the end was near, like he was really sick or something. Just a horrible day.

strobogo

Banned

I'm crying like a baby right now. It's like a parent dying.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm crying like a baby right now. It's like a parent dying.

It hits really hard for a number of reasons, one is that he looked so happy, so relieved, so at peace. You want people to be able to hold onto that kind of happiness for a while - not get it and have it taken so fast. It's so sad :(

El-Suave

What horrible news to wake up to. :(
I hope WWE supports his family - seeing them all so happy at the HOF made me happy for them in return. Now I'm crushed.

Sanjuro

People were just shitting on I'm being on the program the other day.

In this business, nostalgia is simply always going to be a part of it. Devastating.

In all seriousness, the WM 7 card has very few left living and it sucks. All of my childhood heroes gone one by one and it absolutely hurts more every time it happens.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
JakeSnakeDDT ‏@JakeSnakeDDT 1m
Deeply saddened. We just had a great talk & buried a senseless hatchet. Talked working together. RIP Warrior. Taking solace we made peace.

so they did bury the hatchet

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll go back to my losing bet avatar tomorrow or the next day and add it to my sentence.
ueEnCw4.png
feel free to change colors, I made it transparent.

gurudyne

It hits really hard for a number of reasons, one is that he looked so happy, so relieved, so at peace. You want people to be able to hold onto that kind of happiness for a while - not get it and have it taken so fast. It's so sad :(

Very well put, Sun. I don't think this would be affecting me as much as it is if he hadn't looked so content these past few days in front of the crowds.

The more people comment, the more it seems like he had finally made peace with everyone and was happy. Makes it both better and worse. He didn't get the chance to live in peace, but at least he died with it.

NoTacos

Jesus, horrible news and Just one day after giving such a great nostalgic promo on the Raw after Mania. RIP Warrior.

Also, does anyone know where to locate the Daniel Bryan WMXXX special on the network? I can't find it in the archives.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, horrible news and Just one day after giving such a great nostalgic promo on the Raw after Mania. RIP Warrior.

Also, does anyone know where to locate the Daniel Bryan WMXXX special on the network? I can't find it in the archives.

View Schedule then go back a couple hours and hit Watch Now.

Feel so stupid to talk about that when this happened :/

antonz

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31909537/journey-to-wm30-daniel-bryan

I am glad that so much senseless hostility was ended before this. Its never going to make the loss less of a loss but that he was seemingly happy and doing the thing he loved at the end is something great. You could see it in his eyes and just everything he said he was thrilled to be back

Hex

Banned
Like I said to someone on FB The hell? I would say maybe it was something terminal which is why there was such a Warrior love fest at the HOF and on RAW but he just signed a deal...though the deal could have been for rights to Warrior's stuff and the money goes to his family.

I was catching up on this thread and forgot about the Daniel Bryan special. Went from being excited to see the special to straight up bummed out.

I just find it weird how I was just doing my best impression of him in class and at work and hours later this happens. I hope he didn't do anything drastic; I pray and I hope he didn't.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was never really big into the Ultimate Warrior. He was fun, but I didn't really feel any kind of connection with him. Maybe I was just one year too old, or something like that, but in my adult life, I learned to really appreciate the insanity he brought and knew he really did have a place in the pantheon of wrestling gods. A world like that, someone has to truly be unique to be as strong and as hyped up and as wild and crazy as he is and still set himself apart.

As I got older I really understood why he was special, and this weekend was really touching.

I don't know what I'm trying to say. I should go to bed.

Carnby

What's the rumored price increase?

When the WWE Network subscriber numbers came out on Monday, there were people within WWE who were surprised and took it as not a good sign. Many in the company were expecting over 1 million subscribers. Apparently there's talk that we may see a price jump to $11.99 or $12.99 per month next year.

source

Sokantish

RIP Warrior... glad he had this one last opportunity to reconnect with his fans this weekend.

What's the rumored price increase?

I think someone mentioned 11.99 or 12.99 or something like that for next year, I think it was posted in the network thread

EDIT: thanks Carnby!

Top Bottom